Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youtube for airsoft (LaZouche Customshop Youtube channel end)

• 25-11-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Robert Lazouche aka http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cw7UU9n71kpFM73wJYfyQ

Known to too few for his excellent custom works and incredible help with pistols, 1911's in particular, has closed/frozen his activity on his Youtube as he has frustrations with the Google+ F*** up and integration of it and YT.

I use Youtube for a number of things and while I don't mind the G+ things, the comments change has really ruined its function. However for airsoft, using youtube is a staple for viewing the latest and greatest and without the comments function its dying a death. (opinion)

However there is hope as he now has a facebook page with his back catalogue of his videos with his new ones to come out there: https://www.facebook.com/LaZoucheCustom

Whether others follow suit we will see, I just hope either youtube fixes the issues users have or we see the forums/facebook get the transition for videos/discussions.

Opinions on G+/Youtube now for airsofters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i have to say i truely hate the new layout, i was never a fan of most of the updates but i got used to them, this one really ruined youtube for me. they had the comment section pretty much nailed when it came to replies and likes/dislikes
    now theyre just shoving Google+down our throats

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

bushball wrote: »
    i have to say i truely hate the new layout, i was never a fan of most of the updates but i got used to them, this one really ruined youtube for me. they had the comment section pretty much nailed when it came to replies and likes/dislikes
    now theyre just shoving Google+down our throats

I completely agree with you. If it isn't broken, why fix it?

I see little sense in it and now that it is directly affecting me in my ability to absorb knowledge, and discuss with airsoft youtubers on content they upload it means (to an extent) it affects the sport :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The new layout is a major pain in the hole. That guy's channel is great though, he really goes into detail in the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

The new layout is a major pain in the hole. That guy's channel is great though, he really goes into detail in the reviews.

Yeah his stuff is amazing. I set up the facebook with the hope he will keep it going. Sure we shall see how it goes. I think in terms of airsoft, it may hurt the level of interaction and possible uploads with regards to products and game videos. Looks like dailymotion or facebook will have this one if G+ keeps invading our life

Advertisement