Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water tank outlet feed

Options
  • 22-11-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi,

what do i need to drill an outlet hole into the water tank in attic.
    its my folks tank, the current one for their shower goes straight out in an awkward place, i just want to close this and put in another one and pipe it around in a more discrete fashion.

just wondering what i need to drill the hole in the tank and then what fitting i need to pipe the hole?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 colm L

its a new plastic tank btw

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi use a hole saw attachment that you can connect to a std drill. They are available at any good plumbing outlet
    31l5rTOO-mL._AA160_.jpgNw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

As NW has said, or cheaper to get a spade drill bit in any DIY store. Just FYI.....

After you empty the tank for drilling, make sure that you collect the swarf ( the black plastic bits that will fall into the tank once you drill though ).

These little buggers can make there way into the system and typically end up stuck at the end of a tap head, thus affecting the flow of water at that point. Seen it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

A cleaner alternative is a piece of copper pipe heated up and a hole melted through tank, ream the hole with hot pipe until correct size, be sure to smooth out plastic around hole.

Advertisement