Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit/BOI deposits to Paddy Power: Possible duplicate deposits without end funds

Options
  • 21-11-2013 1:51am

Has anyone noticed being overcharged using a VISA Debit on PP?.

I don't debit much into my account, mainly have the account set to a E5 limit.

Last week I was paid into my account, and while I had a surplus of E3 heading into Thurs, when I checked that afternoon it was E3 DOWN when it should have been E3 up on the payment in.

I messaged through 365 and got some stupid reply back quoting my payments but since they move around and update it's impossible to keep track.

Again this week, I'm E5 down on what I should be.

I've looked over both weeks, last week E6 into PP and this week E5 the fact these figures match roughly what I'm down seems beyond a coincidence now.

I also know for a fact I was double charged on my debit with PP about a year ago. Put E5 in and E10 disappeared.

What I think is happening is that I'm charged instantly since it's a debit, then what it updates a few days later I'm charged again.

If any of ye use the BOI 365 ye may want to be vigilant.
    Also has anyone had this happen and been sure of it?
    It may not be Paddy Power, but I'm pretty confident I'm being scammed by at the least BOI and since both of those PP deposits were near what I was down and it happened before, I'm sure it's either PP or BOI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Scammed for €5 or €10?? Do you seriously believe you are being scammed?

It sounds like the automated system is charging you twice. Just a glitch is all. You need to go into BOI branch and tell them about it, no point ringing or e-mailing, you just get automated responses. Also, go to PP shop or use the live chat facility online to ask them to check your account for anomalies. PP live chat are usually good to deal with and quick to sort things.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Scammed for €5 or €10?? Do you seriously believe you are being scammed?

It sounds like the automated system is charging you twice. Just a glitch is all. You need to go into BOI branch and tell them about it, no point ringing or e-mailing, you just get automated responses. Also, go to PP shop or use the live chat facility online to ask them to check your account for anomalies. PP live chat are usually good to deal with and quick to sort things.

I meant called in the slang sense.

Didn't mean scammed literally but by one of their systems errantly.

I'll call out to my BOI tomorrow, I don't think it's PPs fault so I'll wait to see what 365 say.

Just a heads up to anyone using cards, make sure to keep an exact figure of finances as when the debits start moving it's impossible to track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I meant called in the slang sense.

Didn't mean scammed literally but by one of their systems errantly.

I'll call out to my BOI tomorrow, I don't think it's PPs fault so I'll wait to see what 365 say.

Just a heads up to anyone using cards, make sure to keep an exact figure of finances as when the debits start moving it's impossible to track.

To be honest that's usually the number 1 rule when gambling. Keep track of everything. Best of luck with it, hope you get sorted.

Advertisement