Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does kindle fire work in Ireland ?

Options
  • 17-08-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Please can anyone tell me if kindle fire works in Ireland . As I'm getting a lot of mixed views . And where is best price ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 fangirl

Yes, you can order from Amazon.co.uk.
    I doubt you will get it cheaper elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

fangirl wrote: »
    Yes, you can order from Amazon.co.uk.
    I doubt you will get it cheaper elsewhere.

Walmart in the US if you are over there or you know someone to bring it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Godge wrote: »
    Walmart in the US if you are over there or you know someone to bring it home.

Yes, but it's less easy to install non-Amazon books than other tablets. You'll find better tablets for less money, without this limitation, on which you can install the Kindle app so you'll still have a Kindle capable device. If you still decide to go with Kindle, you can use Calibre to manage your books.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

But is it easier to read alot on the kkindle fire screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

But is it easier to read alot on the kkindle fire screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

it's generally easier to read books on an e-reader than on a tablet. (for longer periods of the time) The kindle fire is no different, being a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Is there anywhere in Ireland selling the kindle fire, or do I need to buy from amazon direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

seagull wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Ireland selling the kindle fire, or do I need to buy from amazon direct?
    Currys sell the current generation 8GB for €149 and at the moment you get €20 cashback on it!

http://www.currys.ie/Product/KINDLE-Fire-HD-7andrdquo-Tablet-andndash-8-GB/320651/7.18

Advertisement