Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hey boarides, I was attacked(almost killed) in the West of Ireland

Options
  • 19-11-2013 9:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

Hi,

I came across this forum looking for an Irish board and this is the best one.

I will continue:
    I am from Finland and came to Ireland for a visit of this amazing country. (West). Now, I am staying in a hotel, anyway when I was walking down the street to check out the market (Tuam?) a group of people dressed in tracksuit (nike ? I think), came up to me and almost killed me in a attack. They firstly attacked me (got around me and started punching and shoving, I tried to keep walking on but then they slammed me onto the ground (luckily I did not hit my head), and beat the crap out of me.

Anyway, after about 50 seconds on the ground while they still kicked me, I heard a "gun shot" or some "banger", a guy dressed in black wearing some helmet. He had a weapon and preceded to the attackers. luckily, I was saved and they ran away. I then got up and went to Thank the man, I thought he was a police offer (Garda?), I shook his hand and say Thank You so much. He replied no problem, and that he was watching these types of attackers, and then said something about a big plan?. Like he would get rid of all the attackers?.

I'm not quite sure, but don't think he was a "Garda".

Also note
    For NO reason, I did not even look at them or anything. If people fight people on the street and get bet then no problem. BUT this is was RANDOM attack for NO reason. I was minding my own business, did not even look at them or anything.

Any ideas on how to protect myself in the future please?, also should I write a Thank You letter to the Garda?. As I said, it was not the official Garda uniform but was dressed like it or the ones with Guns. What I did not understand, was the bulletproof helmet and some knight badge on the uniform. And of course how he just came out, like he knew or was watching the attackers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

hahahahaha, ya write the letter hahahah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Victory_Anders

hahahahaha, ya write the letter hahahah
    Well, I don't see what's so funny. He saved my life so.
    After the attack I was bleeding, the doctors were to be closed, and there were no signs to the hospital. I was stuck, and had to make my way back to the hotel and put plasters on my head that was leaking blood.

I still have the cuts at the moment, with many extremely painful bruises. I also feel extremely unwell after the attack. (body seems to be acting extremely weak and like there's a problem).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

How to protect yourself in the future? Leave tuam and never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Any more information on the attackers?

• Advertisement

sorry man i wasnt laughing at the injury I was thinking of something else. Sorry for your troubles.

Tilikum wrote: »
    How to protect yourself in the future? Leave tuam and never return.
    heha, ok Thank You for the advice, in fact you're right and I will take it. I will rent in Galway or some other smaller town in the west. I choosed Tuam because it was such a beautiful town, the church , the history , the medieval buildings , etc were marvelous, but it seems there are many issues with the attitude by some people in Tuam. and not much security (police/ watchers) what so ever, the town is totally open to attacks ;-(

now of course that man that was sightly dressed like the Garda, wow that is some great security but still not sure if he was a real member of police
    Any ideas or if you could give me some tips on how to plan please?
    thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Truckermal wrote: »

was that link there a second ago?
    heha, ok Thank You for the advice, in fact you're right and I will take it. I will rent in Galway or some other smaller town in the west. I choosed Tuam because it was such a beautiful town, the church , the history , the medieval buildings , etc were marvelous, but it seems there are many issues with the attitude by some people in Tuam. and not much security (police/ watchers) what so ever, the town is totally open to attacks ;-(

now of course that man that was sightly dressed like the Garda, wow that is some great security but still not sure if he was a real member of police
    Any ideas or if you could give me some tips on how to plan please?
    thank you.

Puukko,

No Im just kidding

TOMP wrote: »
    Any more information on the attackers?
    Hi,

I will try to provide more information. I do have some ideas, of going out with protection this time and seeing if I can find them. If they do attack me (ATTEMPT that is, this time I will have a couple of "tricks" up my sleeves

Hi,

I will try to provide more information. I do have some ideas, of going out with protection this time and seeing if I can find them. If they do attack me (ATTEMPT that is, this time I will have a couple of "tricks" up my sleeves

hahahaaha my god this is brilliant

• Advertisement

cerastes wrote: »
    Puukko,

No Im just kidding

heh, the funny thing is I might have a proper army knife, but do not go out with it, but will be doing in the future in the west of Ireland :P

Anyways, thanks for the advice. As I said, I might go out again in a day or two when its bright, and see this time if they attack me. but if they attempt to (or anyone else in this city), they will be hearing from me, in a massive scale ;-)

hahahaaha my god this is brilliant
    :P :D, Thank's m8, but I am being quite serious here, as the next time I hopefully will be using many tactics... along with the helpful eye and hand from that maybe police officer, with the black uniform/bullet proof helmet/etc....

youre my hero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I was kidding about that, due to whatI've been informed of, eh Finland shall we say :), I meant it jokingly

Dont bother going out looking for them, especially with a weapon,
    not only might you get in trouble, you might end up in a worse situation then you did before. Its very likely nothing official will be done and these people would be sent on their merry way even if they were discovered by the local Police. This is not Finland dont expect a reasonable answer to anti social behaviour, just be glad nothing worse came of it, by all means report it to the Gardai, better to be careful where you are, those around you etc, makes for a nice holiday, we the locals (Ireland, not that Im anywhere near Tuam, simply expect nothing will be done and nothing is, unless you are a statistic in which case it will be too late and still nothing will come of it.

Im joking about Puukko and Finns, I see its not true now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

That's just Tuam, hasn't had the best reputation over the years with young gangs but I taught the situation was improving?

You wont generally come across that anywhere else in Galway.

cerastes wrote: »
    I was kidding about that, due to whatI've been informed of, eh Finland shall we say :), I meant it jokingly

Dont bother going out looking for them, especially with a weapon,
    not only might you get in trouble, you might end up in a worse situation then you did before. Its very likely nothing official will be done and these people would be sent on their merry way even if they were discovered by the local Police. This is not Finland dont expect a reasonable answer to anti social behaviour, just be glad nothing worse came of it, by all means report it to the Gardai, better to be careful where you are, those around you etc, makes for a nice holiday.

Hey,

Yes Thank You. I made my way to Ireland via car, but did notice as you said most of the anti-social behaviour was kept under control in the Europen countries apart from Latvia and Poland which seemded to allow anti-social behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

Lunar interference??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Banned

edit...

And now Site Banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement