Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open scrimmage next week - don't miss out :)

Options
  • 07-11-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

East Coast Cyclones are hosting an open and mixed scrimmage on Friday Nov 15th in St Killians School Hall, Bray.
    There is no charge to participate.
    Just bring along your game face

This is an open scrimm, and Men and Women's teams are Welcome.
    It is open to Rookies of all levels, so Fresh Meat MIMS are a must.

There are 28 skater positions open, 2/3 trainee referee positions, NSO's and bench / line up also.
    In the event page on Facebook you can choose which position you wish to take part in.

There is also a small viewing gallery where your kids, team mates, potential Derby followers can come to watch. We hope to have tea and coffee and we will definitely have some of Tara's cakes available. There will be a small fee to watch.

I hope it's ok to post the event on all your official team pages and in turn you can pass on to your members.

Details again

Date : Friday Nov 15th
    Whistle: 8.30- 8.45pm

Hope to see you there :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

My first night watching Roller Derby live, and I was shadowing the head NSO so was slap bang in the middle of everything.
    It was a FANTASTIC night, loved every minute of it! Am definitely already addicted!

Although, note to self, next time track laying is mentioned, BRING KNEEPADS! :pac::pac:

Thanks everyone for a great night x

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tails!

Ooh your first live experience that's so exciting mylina! It was actually a really fun scrimmage to watch I had a great time. Did you enjoy shadowing the head nso?

Tails! wrote: »
    Ooh your first live experience that's so exciting mylina! It was actually a really fun scrimmage to watch I had a great time. Did you enjoy shadowing the head nso?

Yes! It was great, but wow, sooooo much info, I'll never remember it all! :D
    Can't wait to do/see it all again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Thats great Mylina, I'm sorry to have missed you, I've officially started my Derbt maternity leave
    Great to have another convert.
    Are you interested in being in track or just in the middle ?

Merrilady wrote: »
    Thats great Mylina, I'm sorry to have missed you, I've officially started my Derbt maternity leave
    Great to have another convert.
    Are you interested in being in track or just in the middle ?

I think I met you briefly last Monday when I was up for the meeting in Bray for the NSO's! You popped your head in briefly I think :)

I hope to try out for at the next freshmeat night.. Missed the last one due to college stuff (went back part time after what seems like a hundred years!) but, I definitely want to skate. Especially after being in the middle of the scrimmage on Friday!!! :) I am possibly too old to skate, but really want to be involved in some way, so could possibly stay as NSO :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Tails!

Too old to skate??? I hope i'm never too old to skate :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Never too old to skate
    If I'm not too old, no one is :)

That's great Mylina, we might be on the same course then.
    I'm going back to Gresh Meat when the baby is born :)
    In the meantime - keep up the good NSO work :)

Merrilady wrote: »
    Never too old to skate
    If I'm not too old, no one is :)

That's great Mylina, we might be on the same course then.
    I'm going back to Gresh Meat when the baby is born :)
    In the meantime - keep up the good NSO work :)

When are you due? Fun times ahead for you! :)

Advertisement