Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

kryogen wrote: »
    Fran had a charge sheet

But what was Elmo supposed to have ratted about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Pen.Island wrote: »

Just general info about what gang are up to

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metrostation

When the cops went to arrest Aido and Elmo in relation to the tiger kidnapp robbery, elmo was caught red handed with drugs in his pockets, yet didnt get charged with any offence, this led Nidge to believe he gave the cops info in return for immunity from prosecution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Once it doesn't end like The Sopranos did
    Nidge looking up and the screen suddenly cutting to black and the credits rolling
    I'll be happy enough. There's enough references, sly nods and wink-wink stuff that references other shows without THAT happening.

Personally, I don't think Nidge will be killed. I reckon the more likely scenario is a one way ticket to the Costa del Sol. Fran I reckon will get rubbed out. Ditto Tommy (if he survives). Siobhan could be another one to get it, perhaps a la The Sopranos's
    Adriana La Cerva
    , but again, is that too much of a nod?

Who knows what the future will bring. The only thing we can be sure of, is that it will take a lot to top the classic: "Fúck you, Noellie! I'm pissin' on your ma!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Did people watch the show? Some of the questions are ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Yeah but the young lad could have went to the cops and said he was asked to kill someone?

And then Glen could go to the cops and say that he did in fact kill someone on Nidge's orders. Where does it end?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Only got to see Ep6 this evening. I thought the suspense was pretty good throughout. I thought Obama was going to get shot when he called over to the house.

I think Carolan did as much as he could given the limited screen time he has. The show desperately needs a few more episodes to develop stories and plots properly.

I have to say I thought that one of Aido/Fran/Elmo wouldn't make it to S5.

Was disappointed that the RA story was knocked on the head early (excuse the pun). The two main guards are excellent characters and actors and are certainly an asset to the show.

a series doesn't always have to end on a cliffhanger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Lisha wrote: »
    Cops beat up a heavy who was sitting outside cops house to frighten him

This side story was featured in the first 3 episodes but then was not. Obviously, this has to connect to something in series 5 and like the Noelie Hughes story, will be intertwined with the main stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

For all the people who said that love hate was

Rubbish
    Far fetched
    Bad Storyline
    Bad Actors
    The Director "cakked" it:confused:

Why did you bother watching it?

I know the x-factor is shíte, and is nothing more than a load of gimps on a glorified karaoke programme so guess what i do?

I don't fcuking watch it - ever.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Fran: "What goes around comes around"
    Trish is a goner next season imo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metrostation

I think the whole psychosis in the jail cell is sort of like Fran's 'Ging gang goo' dance in the interview room. Its to play the 'mad' card if needed in court down the line.

From what it looked like Nidge just walked up and pissed on the milk as a sign that he is beginning to believe he is made of Teflon and cant be touched. The gardai will hold him for a while but they aren't going to waste time charging him for pissing in public (albeit on their milk) when there is loads more going on with him.

I think he done it to prove to himself and to others that he is still tough.Having lost the staring match with detective Moynihan he went home feeling a little dejected and did a below par performance in bed with his misses. Getting up the next day feeling like **** he decided to go and piss on their doorstep to get thrown back into the ring for a possible rematch with Moynihan, spending his time in his cell psyching himself up for round 2.

Your right it does not need to end with a cliffhanger but when you only have 6 episodes in a season, You really should have one and no excuse not to, It would all makes sense if it continued of next season were it left off and Nidge got himself locked up on purpose because he has a hit out on Fran and it got botched, Then it would set up S5 nicely.

Otherwise it really does not make sense, if he was going to end the episode locked up why let him out when they arrested him in the first place? At least then it would have had everyone talking about weather next season we would start the season in a prison etc but instead they locked him up for pissing on a few cartons of milk

kryogen wrote: »
    Dead

Nidge dead is the most logical outcome of season 5. If it is to be the last season as it is supposed to be, it would be the best way to end it anyway.

Season 5 is supposed to be the last season on TV but far from the last of Love/Hate I predict. There is of course the American remake and then talks of a film version.

With regard to the film version, I'd prefer to see this as a continuation of the story rather than a remake. If so, then season 5 could deal with Nidge v the travellers and the Tommy issues, plus maybe some other enemies. And keep the ultimate Fran v Nidge showdown for the film. I'd like to see Nidge and Fran come out of this alive to allow for sequels.

If their going to end it after next season then Nidge will need to go out with a bang the whole show is about him, Moving him of to Spain or locking him up would be a cheap way to end the show, That's if they're ending it that is

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rivaldo2000

Who did the cops beat up?

Also can someone explain to me why Elmo was called a rat?

He was taken in, but let out without a charge sheet? SO was Fran?

Please someone explain this bit to me.

Also who was supposed to have done the graffiti?

watch the show

I don't get how nidge killed wayne because he knew too much, yet asked any young lad to kill another...weird.

Nidge can become so unpredictable and paranoid that at times its like he almost lives by the roll of the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What's the point of a US version? It's already an Irish version of US shows.

Eoin wrote: »
    What's the point of a US version? It's already an Irish version of US shows.

Money is the real king

I should have also said, Americans like revamping other shows using their own actors, Maybe because it comes across better state side

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Is there any actual official discussion of next season being the last series? Or is that just a rumour sparked by discussion here? It seems unlikely that RTE would kill off the only dramatic juggernaut they've had in years at the peak of its powers.

I thought the same but plenty of media outlets have suggested it's the last

• Advertisement

Benteke wrote: »
    I thought the same but plenty of media outlets have suggested it's the last

I have a feeling they are going to do the next series as the last series and then it will continue on as a series of movies.

Sounds interesting builder, If their struggling with a budget now, It would be twice as bad if they consider doing movies, I for one would not complain if we get to watch 2-3 hour movie version

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Silverfish wrote: »
    Fran: "What goes around comes around"
    Trish is a goner next season imo!

Now that would be interesting! During this season we've seen Fran and Nidge become increasingly paranoid and Fran in particular being very unhappy as been seen as less than equal to Nidge. Next season will be all about a powerplay between them imo and it's quite likely that what will tip it over the edge will be Fran finding out what happened with Nidge and the pipe bomb. Then Trish could very well get it.

Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this has been posted but there was an interesting article in the Irish Times today.

I agree with quite a few points in it but think it's overly critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,587 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Keyzer wrote: »

It wouldn't have happened in real life i.e. Tommy haemorrhaging at the perfect time for Nidge to get off scott free.

Tommy has been having bleeds and horrific headaches and abnormal behaviour all of this season- not unexpected post major brain trauma, so it was hardly surprising that he collapsed last night.

I wonder what we'd all be talking about today if Nidge and the boys had been caught red handed and charged?
    No doubt we'd be wondering why da fúck the script was written like that.

Good series.Aside from the predictable demise of the dentist, it was rather an unexpected ending last night.
    Personally speaking, I think it would've been more effective had it ended with Nidge staring after Fran as he walked away saying his,
    " what goes around comes around" speech.

Now-what'll we watch next week?

It was a good episode, Many are just upset because they had no pay off at the end, it was a damp squid to put it mildly

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

From what it looked like Nidge just walked up and pissed on the milk as a sign that he is beginning to believe he is made of Teflon and cant be touched. The gardai will hold him for a while but they aren't going to waste time charging him for pissing in public (albeit on their milk) when there is loads more going on with him.

It's a show of defiant invincibility alright - but also, just for a second, as they're dragging him into the station the scene breaks out of the drama into "reality TV"/'Cops' as Nidge stares directly into camera sticking his tongue out and effectively cocks a snook at us the audience too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

johnsuperf wrote: »
    I cant understand why fran did not get dental implants instead of the false teeth he got seen as he knows the dentist so well and chances are he would not have been charged for them.

do you have any idea the time/effort/money that goes into getting implants? They have to drill into your jaw to put the receiver for the implants in, you have to go back a few times, have anaesthetics etc. There wasn't time for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

think the whole pissing /cell thing is a fast forward to next season......fran is knocked off when nidge is locked up....providing his alibi....think this happens in real life.

Unless Nidge spends almost the entire next series in the slammer for pissing on some milk, then this ain't gonna happen. Fran is, by a considerable distance, the most entertaining character in the show at the moment, so he's not going anywhere until close to the very end, if at all.

A lot of the 'why' questions can be answered by two simple words - 'Bad Writing'.
    Wayne getting plugged by a guy who barely featured - bad writing. There was no need for it. It would have made more sense for Elmo to do it. He was there anyway.
    Fran not being followed before he killed the dentist - bad writing. The cops not even seeing his big blue van outside the door for fukk sake. Laughable.

Series 4 had "Fukk it, it'll do", written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

If season five is to be the finale then it is all set up brilliantly. I think writer deliberately set up as many threats to Nidge as possible which caused him to lose it in the end and leave us all in anticipation for the next season.

Things don't look good for Nidge - he is facing at least five serious threats:

1) Fran is liable to do anything and could decide to take Nidge out for not letting him in on the where and when of the heroin deal. Alternatively Fran may yet find out that Nidge pipe bombed his misses.

2) Siobhan wants to take down Nidge for bashing Tommy's head in. She loves Tommy to bits despite his condition and she knows she has to stop Nidge to protect Tommy. So she could turn State witness or lead Nidge into a trap with the cops. This could set season 5 up for a stronger female role. Siobhan would be perfect for it - her acting is brilliant. The Tommy-Siobhan-Moynihan sub-plot is where the real emotion and feeling is in this drama.

3) Then there is Patrick, the settled traveller that makes the pipe bombs (again brilliant acting). He's a real likeable character, keeps himself to himself, but is probably as tough as nails underneath it all. He might well come back from England with a few of his cousins and wipe out Nidge and his crew. Is he really going to let Nidge run him out of town?

4) There was a hint in last nights show that Tommy is started to remember things. He remembered that Nidge had ordered a hit on Darren. He might start to remember other things such as the pipe bomb or the fact that Nidge beat him up.

5) There is always the possibility that young lads on the rise or rival gangs could pose a threat.

Season 5 could deliver all the action people were looking for in final episode of season 4. There was no way the writer could have brought all these sub-plots to a conclusion at the end of season 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Siobhan is Nidge's niece so is it her father or mother that is his sibling? I'd love to see more of Nidge's family

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement