Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza 5 (Launch Trailer Inside)

Options
  • 06-11-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

One of the main reasons I'm picking up an Xbox One this month, the developers certainly kept a lot of things quiet in the build up, I certainly wasn't expecting a current Formula One car at launch.

Roll on the 22nd...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I have to say that looks spectacular.

If you get a full steering wheel set up etc it'd be something else and you could loose months/years to it very easily I'd say.

That said xbox lost me early on in this war and forza isnt a title that'll bring me back to the green corner.

To be honest the only exclusive that I'll miss is the Gears of War franchise which I have thoroughly enjoyed in the past few years.

Halo was a big deal for me too this gen hence picking up the 360 over the ps3 but with Bungie going multiplatform with Destiny it makes the move easier.

I'll be backing PS4 when I can afford it sometime next year.

The integration with the Vita is also big selling point for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,350 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

How do they have F1 cars in it? would have thought they would have been exclusive to codemasters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I have to say that looks spectacular.

If you get a full steering wheel set up etc it'd be something else and you could loose months/years to it very easily I'd say.

That said xbox lost me early on in this war and forza isnt a title that'll bring me back to the green corner.

To be honest the only exclusive that I'll miss is the Gears of War franchise which I have thoroughly enjoyed in the past few years.

Halo was a big deal for me too this gen hence picking up the 360 over the ps3 but with Bungie going multiplatform with Destiny it makes the move easier.

I'll be backing PS4 when I can afford it sometime next year.

The integration with the Vita is also big selling point for me.

I'm not really one of those people who is either a diehard MS or Sony person. I have both 360 & PS3 and always found I went to the 360 for games before the PS3. That was probably my biggest reason for XB1. I know a lot of my mates will go XB1 for Forza online so that's another. The BluRay / Entertainment system stuff is just a bonus too.

Gran Turismo 4 caused me to lose a lot of love the GT franchise and GT5, whilst a marked improvement, was too little too late.
    How do they have F1 cars in it? would have thought they would have been exclusive to codemasters

If you pay FOM enough money, you can have whatever you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I really really really hope that Gamestop will have the option to change our free game from Fifa to Forza

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I'm not really one of those people who is either a diehard MS or Sony person. I have both 360 & PS3 and always found I went to the 360 for games before the PS3. That was probably my biggest reason for XB1. I know a lot of my mates will go XB1 for Forza online so that's another. The BluRay / Entertainment system stuff is just a bonus too.

Gran Turismo 4 caused me to lose a lot of love the GT franchise and GT5, whilst a marked improvement, was too little too late.

If you pay FOM enough money, you can have whatever you want :)

Yeah in fairness I cant justify buying both the xbox1 and ps4 not now or any time soon. They just wouldnt get the play that they deserve so I just need to choose one unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,350 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The lotus F1 car seems a little pointless - it is the only current season F1 car in the game, so it doesn't really have any comparable competition to race against it.

Still, looking forward to hammering it out on the track! Don't have the latest F1 game, but would certainly be interesting to see how people who do have it compare the driving experience between the lotus in F1 2013 and the one in Forza 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've been crazy about Forza ever since I jumped from the PS2 and GT4 to the Xbox 360 and a backwards compatible copy of Forza 1.
    I've loved each incarnation of it but I'm probably never gonna get to play 5.
    My Fanatec wheel and pedals won't work on the Bone. No matter how much we harassed T10 and MS we where told "no". It was a bitter pill to swallow but I'd accepted it and carried on.
    If I had decided to take the plunge on the Bone and F5 I'd have been fuming two days ago at the release of most of the key info.
    200 cars, 14 tracks. No Nurburgring, Suzuka, Camino Extreme, Porsche, day/night cycles to name but a few.
    Of course it's still going to be a great game but I can't help but feel it's being rushed out for a launch title.
    I'm more than happy to keep playing the epic Forza 4 for years to come. As someone said above I'm gonna buy a used PS3 and a copy of GT6 and get back to my roots too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Maybe i'm too old having stated console gaming with a Coleco Vision but i'm still disappointed with the Graphics in that trailer, It's not the huge jump in graphics I was hoping for the next gen having waited so long.

e.g Forza 4

I don't know, I'm one of the ones that's pretty happy that they're rebuilding everything from the ground up, rather than just giving us Forza 4.5. It should mean much bigger things for the franchise in the long run. I mean 200 cars is still a LOT, along with ten new ones every month.

Only time will tell I guess...

• Advertisement

The game is going to be great, there's no doubting that. But, I couldn't justify buying a new console and a new racing rig just to play one game. If my current gear had carried forward I might have done it though. In a weird way I'm glad didn't pre order because I'd have been really pissed off at the shocking omissions like the bold Nurburgring.
    They're just planning on ripping everyone off with DLC that should have shipped with the game in the first place.
    Are you a member of forzamotorsport.net yourself man?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I was really disappointed when I heard there will be no nordschleife, I love that track, but I'll be getting Forza free with my X1 so I won't mind paying for some DLC later on.

Have you guys signed up for Forza Rewards?
    I got 80k credits for 5 in the latest batch [earmarked for my LFA with race exhaust fund :D] and the Top Secret Supra for 4 last time.

AFAIK the Nordschleife and GP circuit are being re-scanned and will be released as DLC in January. I'm not too impressed by the launch day paid for DLC but I'll probably still get it like the sucker I am. Pre-ordered the Special Edition in Xtravision today for the console's launch, roll on the 22nd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Looks amazing alright but with only 200 cars and dropping some major tracks like the Nurburgring has me wondering. Looks as though they are going to have to buy loads of DLC for more cars and tracks which to me is slightly worrying.

When you compare that to GT6 on PS4 with its 1300+ cars at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

logik wrote: »
    When you compare that to GT6 on PS4 with its 1300+ cars at launch.
    GT6 will be on PS3 and you can be sure they would not even get close to that number of cars if it was a ps4 launch title.

Not to mention that some of GT6's cars have been brought over from as far back as GT4 (even further?) and the number includes so many variations of the same cars that it's an unfair comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

The more i read the more dissapointed i am

No s15, no integra type r, no eg6, no soarer, Just abonded alot of JDM cars

Loads of american Heaps of ****

No tsukba? Or maple valley ( favourite track)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

D_turbo wrote: »
    The more i read the more dissapointed i am

No s15, no integra type r, no eg6, no soarer, Just abonded alot of JDM cars

Loads of american Heaps of ****

No tsukba? Or maple valley ( favourite track)

Problem is the game was rushed for launch and Turn 10 will only use cars and tracks they feel are up to next gen quality. If they are not or can't be brought up to spec in time they are dropped.

At the end of the day what do you want, a late game with everything up to spec or a rushed game copy and pasted with last gen content or the compromise that Turn 10 went for as MS have the gun to their heads.

MS needed an exclusive racer system seller for launch and historically they had PGR 1 and 3 in the past till the studio was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Problem is the game was rushed for launch and Turn 10 will only use cars and tracks they feel are up to next gen quality. If they are not or can't be brought up to spec in time they are dropped.

At the end of the day what do you want, a late game with everything up to spec or a rushed game copy and pasted with last gen content or the compromise that Turn 10 went for as MS have the gun to their heads.

MS needed an exclusive racer system seller for launch and historically they had PGR 1 and 3 in the past till the studio was closed.

But dropping some of the cars and tracks they did was sinful,
    JDM cars seem to have gotten the boot which i was a massive fan of.
    And paying **** loads more after Paying for the game to have stuff that in reality should be in the game is criminal,
    When they have updated tracks and cars to add they should be added as an update...not fork out a fortune for them

but i can piss and moan all i want but ill still buy it and love it, but some of the stuff theyv dropped is a massive blow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

wexdevil wrote: »
    I really really really hope that Gamestop will have the option to change our free game from Fifa to Forza
    they gave me the option last week when i called in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

they gave me the option last week when i called in

I got a phone call giving me the option as well.

wasnt overly bothered about this, but this trailer is just...WOW, at 1.04 on the video the way they load on the engine makes the intake move - crazy detail.

as for GT6 and its 1300 cars, fair enough, but half of them are variations that were never seen outside of japan or are the same as another car with minute differences.

I agree, T10 have dropped far too many lower class cars in favour of shiny super cars that will rarely get used online.
    Add to that, anyone seen to be complaining on their own site gets their thread locked down and are encouraged to leave.
    I'm beyond pissed off at this stage. Forza has been my favorite game for years now.

Hasn't it been said by the developers that what's on the disc isn't the complete game? As they need to get the game gold mastered so soon, they are going to add more cars / tracks with launch day update and DLC?

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Hasn't it been said by the developers that what's on the disc isn't the complete game? As they need to get the game gold mastered so soon, they are going to add more cars / tracks with launch day update and DLC?

Yeah, and they have the cheek to charge for the content. They should release a track pack and few car packs for free imo. Why should we have to pay twice for a game that MS forced out the door. I'm glad I'm not paying for Forza 5 the more I hear about it because the way it is, it's a bargin bin game not worth full price of a AAA game.

Yeah, and they have the cheek to charge for the content. They should release a track pack and few car packs for free imo. Why should we have to pay twice for a game that MS forced out the door. I'm glad I'm not paying for Forza 5 the more I hear about it because the way it is, it's a bargin bin game not worth full price of a AAA game.

Calm down, it's only a game :)

I know there is paid for DLC, but there is a mandatory day one update which supposedly includes more cars and tracks? If it's mandatory, then it's going to be free...
    “So when you first boot up the game, we’re going to ask you to log in,” Greenawalt explained. “And when you log in you’re going to get the Drivatars and you’re also going to get a whole bunch of content: tracks and cars. Our production schedule is such that we are putting them in as late as possible and that means making them free as downloadable content on Day One.”

Source: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/forza-motorsport-5-requires-one-time-internet-connection

Forgot about the mandatory update for the game. Thought that was just for driveatars.

I'd bet that the content Dan is talking about is already included in the car and track count already announced by T10.

The game is looking a bit thin on both counts. That said though, Bathurst and Spa are going to be fantastic and the gameplay is sure to be great too. I just think it's a shame that the game is gonna get rushed out half arsed because MS want it for a launch title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I thought I read the other day that someone from Turn 10 said that Forza 2 had 270 cars and 5 already has more, I'll try and find it again. Maybe they were including the DLC.

EDIT: Found it here.
    Dan Greenawalt, director of Turn 10, called to talk about this. He said that Forza 2, which launched 18 months after XBOX 360 launched, had 12 tracks and 270 cars, with a lot a variants. So Forza 5 already has more cars and tracks than Forza 2, which is one of their highest rated games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

• Advertisement

That link confirms it, but I already knew from the info released over on .net that Forza was going to ship with around two hundred cars and up to 70+ more to be sold to us later at rip off prices as DLC. That is still way down on Forza 4's total.

This, mixed with the track and feature omissions and the Fanatec debacle have turned things very sour for myself and lots of other die hard Forza fans.

It's weird, I've only ever known barely contained excitement at the thought of a new Forza game. It's generally gotten better with every incarnation, but this time around it seems to be plagued with negativity.
    Thread after thread gets locked down over on T10's home site if folk even whisper decent.
    In saying all that though, I hope I get to play it someday.

Advertisement