Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas ads

• 03-11-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of the Christmas ads are starting to appear on TV now. Thought it would be nice to put them all in one thread so that we can see them all.

Just saw the Argos one.

I think the M&S one is due to appear this week so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

im waiting for the m & s ads with a ady skimply clad in sexy lingerie prancing around on a bed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

M&S ad. There is lingerie but there is no prancing around on a bed. I'm not sure about it. It's not Christmassy enough for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

M&S ad. There is lingerie but there is no prancing around on a bed. I'm not sure about it. It's not Christmassy enough for me.

Have to agree def not Christmassy enough. Feels more like an Easter ad than a Christmas one. Very disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm looking forward to the John Lewis ad!!:)

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

I'm looking forward to the John Lewis ad!!:)
    saw thread title, came here to post that^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

M&S ad is a bit meh! They have been off form in the last couple of years.

The Argos Ad is a nice one.

When will John Lewis Ad be out? Well "By the end of this week, all the main retailers will have launched their festive campaigns"
    http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/nov/02/christmas-tv-adverts-retailers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

new Debenhams ad

didnt like the M&S ad, this one just shows the different cloths, not great, not very christmassy

Littlewoods

LIDL UK ad, saw this on TV over the weekend, its nice

• Advertisement

LIDL

Primark UK

Don't like the Debenhams one either. If they'd chosen better music it might have been more Christmassy. The Lidl one is lovely and I love the Aldi one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭OU812

I like the M&S ad, but what's with the cheap ass doorbell at 1:33 ???

I don't like the little woods one. Obviously the inspiration is A Christmas Carol, but the idea of spreading out payments for Xmas from this year to next is abhorrent to me. The lighting in the add is also really annoying. Everything is slightly gloomy before Carolyn Moyrahan (is that her name?) turns up & then if you spread the cost & pay the interest, it gets all warm & cozy.

Here's three of my favourite Xmas ads (both for American chain "Old Navy"), they ran last year & were super popular.

Actually Old Navy Xmas are all great

But for sheer sentimentality, the Guinness one. I get shivers when I see/hear this

And on radio (I really think they should film this) Barry's Tea

And how awesome is this product ???

Someone did a six minute piece of Irish ads

OU812 wrote: »
    Someone did a six minute piece of Irish ads

I'd nearly buy a smart TV with you-tube just to have that on a loop in the background.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

its feels like christmas to me when i see that guinness add

that new m&s is a bit of a let down , same with debehnams bt to me nothing beats the john lewis add

That John lewis ad gave me nightmares last year. So creepy. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with this year.

The first few years weren't great, but they have gotten better every year!
    anyone know when this years is coming out?

• Advertisement

Aw I love 2010 and 2011.

I looked on their FB page and people are asking when the ad will be out and they just keep telling them to keep an eye on the FB page.

This was on last year and it's back again this year. It's the American version but the one on TV over here is the same without the American accent. :) It's definitely the type of ad that gets me all excited about Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This was on last year and it's back again this year. It's the American version but the one on TV over here is the same without the American accent. :) It's definitely the type of ad that gets me all excited about Christmas.

And makes me hungry too!:D

The new john Lewis ad is out tomorrow, will be first shown during the x factor,
    but if anyone wants a sneak pre-view...

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2491761/John-Lewis-Christmas-advert-tells-hare-making-sure-bear-best-friend-doesnt-miss-out.html

AshAdele wrote: »
    The new john Lewis ad is out tomorrow, will be first shown during the x factor,
    but if anyone wants a sneak pre-view...

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2491761/John-Lewis-Christmas-advert-tells-hare-making-sure-bear-best-friend-doesnt-miss-out.html

That could be a classic. If someone just puts proper Christmas music over it.

found the 2013 John Lewis ad on You tube, its really sweet

New boots ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The John Lewis advert is good, I think they missed a trick by having someone "known" sing a cover version though, it was always nice hearing new voices be discovered.

I'm not sure about the John Lewis one. I'm sure it will grow on me though. I love that Boots one. It's a real feel-good ad.

I like the Meteor one. I love the music and I want to wrap my kitchen in wrapping paper. :D

• Advertisement

Cadbury has a Christmas ad this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Apparently the Coca-Cola ad is making it's first appearance during the X-Factor tomorrow!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

razorblunt wrote: »
    The John Lewis advert is good, I think they missed a trick by having someone "known" sing a cover version though, it was always nice hearing new voices be discovered.

Who sang the song this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Lily allen does a cover version of keanes somewhere only we know.The bear and the hare is the name of the Christmas tv ad, definitely a future classic.

this got me a bit :)

and it has one of my top favorite tracks in it that means alot to me and it honestly got me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭gidget

Apparently the Coca-Cola ad is making it's first appearance during the X-Factor tomorrow!

Yeah saw this tonight, though I saw it on Channel 5 though! Love those ads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Tesco Christmas Ad 2013

There's a lot of "retro" this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cadbury has a Christmas ad this year.

Don't like this one at all - not Christmassy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭cailinardthair

Love the new John Lewis ad....one of the few new christmas ads that makes it feel christmassy.....still think last years one is a classic.
    Still in my head its not christmas till these are on the telly

Can't find the an post one but this is the closest I can

oh i love the tesco ad!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I love the new John Lewis ad, it made me all teary eyed, it's just lovely and simple. I'm liking how they, Tesco and Debenhams are taking a simpler and less extravagant approach to Christmas this year, which reflects the fact that so many people are struggling financially.

The ones I've mentioned seem more focused on cheaper more thoughtful gifts rather than the extravagance of the M&S one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love the new John Lewis one too- I think it's adorable!

*has something in eye*

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Tis very cute alright, I thought the one from last year was a bit more moving/grand/what have you; but it's still a really sweet ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

I like the M&S and John Lewis ads! Looking forward to seeing the Coca-Cola and Kellogs ads as well; they reel, or intentionally drag, in the spirit of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

I'm a bloody wreck! I am actually sitting here watching Christmas ads and crying!
    fcuk you John Lewis and don't even get me started on tesco! :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm a bloody wreck! I am actually sitting here watching Christmas ads and crying!
    fcuk you John Lewis and don't even get me started on tesco! :'(
    Anyone who doesn't well up at the John Lewis ad is emotionally dead. I feel myself getting all emotional every time I see it. It's such a simple ad but so effective.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

I don't consider the m & s tv ad to be a Christmas ad at all . more like something to remind you of halloween .

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭psugrue

this vodafone one from a few years ago was one my favorites, they used it again the year after but with a different song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

• Advertisement
Advertisement