Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Ghosts] Megabitch Thread

Options
  • 05-11-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭

This is going to be a popular one where do we start
    Graphics poorer then COD 4 on the PS3 looks like they are pushing us into next generation.
    Maps take all the maps you normally skip in the other games and put them into this game no small maps.
    Setting up class is over complicated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 _YOLO_

I've not purchased the game myself but my neighbour has told me that none of the vanilla maps are exactly inspiring to say the least. Clutter everywhere etc.

Can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

_YOLO_ wrote: »
    I've not purchased the game myself but my neighbour has told me that none of the vanilla maps are exactly inspiring to say the least. Clutter everywhere etc.

Can anyone confirm?

Definitely true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Cluttery indeed.

I wanted this game to be good but there are a few things that threw me off....

There are no fully-fledged dedicated servers....that was a marketing ploy. It's a "hybrid" system so everyone is in for another 12 months of BS. As far as I've heard, lag compensation is back with a serious vengeance! People are getting taken out from behind cover as bullets can turn corners now more than ever. The maps are very dark, there are no bright vibrant colour schemes (not like blops 2 cartoony stuff but some nice colours would go a long way in distinguishing each map from each other).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

The girl voices are busting my chops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wait does the leaderboard not display connections anymore? that's crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

krudler wrote: »
    Wait does the leaderboard not display connections anymore? that's crap.

Yep that's gone as is Theatre mode so I can't watch back to see if someone was cheating etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wait.. they took out theatre mode ? :s wtf were they thinking ? Guess its to do with next gen consoles having that built into them.

Magill wrote: »
    Wait.. they took out theatre mode ? :s wtf were they thinking ? Guess its to do with next gen consoles having that built into them.

It caused lag afaik, I always turned it off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Really ? I never had any lag when I used it in blops/MW3, was it a blops2 thing ? Still a strange one, since if it causes lag having the option to turn it off seems like a much better solution. I'd say they're just being cheap bastards.

• Advertisement

It's like the much fabled COD Killer isn't battlefield or Titanfall it's actually Ghosts!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

It's like the much fabled COD Killer isn't battlefield or Titanfall it's actually Ghosts!

Go to agree with the game is a mess and will need some level of patching to fix it . I'd say it could be time to give David Vonderhaar ‏and the rest of Treyarch the whole Call of Duty name and let them make the games .

God this is bad.

Watching the machinima lads doing the race to prestige master they look bored out of there heads and heard one of them say the fame doesn't play like cod I'd say they will still be there this tone next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I logged into steam and it has 11.000 or so playing ghosts and about 9000 playing black ops 2 . I think it says alot about the game . I Don't enjoy the game at all and if it is not fun to play I won't play it .

Watched that vid above, good grief it looks awful, the map is boring as hell, you get killed the second someone spots you, you can't mute people individually or turn down the music in game? what were they thinking?

Ramza wrote: »
    It caused lag afaik, I always turned it off

Even without theatre mode, the lag in Ghosts is unbearable.

People are being destroyed from behind walls....shocking stuff.
    Go to agree with the game is a mess and will need some level of patching to fix it . I'd say it could be time to give David Vonderhaar ‏and the rest of Treyarch the whole Call of Duty name and let them make the games .

I'd contract it out to a new team entirely. Treyarchs' Blops 2 wasn't exactly the second coming.
    Watching the machinima lads doing the race to prestige master they look bored out of there heads and heard one of them say the fame doesn't play like cod I'd say they will still be there this tone next week!

Yeah, they looked like they just wanted to be anywhere else except there playing it. I feel sorry for them. :(

Yeah wanted bullets are running rampant, getting shot when I'm about 10 feet around a corner, **** OFF!

Other than the lag I'm enjoying it (I know that sounds kinda odd), some maps are a piss take though. Chasm, Overlord and Sovereign come to mind, jesus ****ing christ

Where's these "dedicated servers" then? Or am I an idiot for being fooled into that one?

Edit : Just got the most bull**** kill cam yet, slid at this lad, riddled him with bullets, he quickscopes me...fair enough, says me, watch the kill cam and he shoots the area wayyy above my head (during the slide animation where your body is low to ground) and kills me...bollocks!

Tokens are fcukin shi*e.

Im nit enjoying ranking my guns up at all.

saw on a vid that it takes forever to rank up, about 1 level per hour, fuuuck that, nobody will bother prestiging if it takes that long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Watched that vid above, good grief it looks awful, the map is boring as hell, you get killed the second someone spots you, you can't mute people individually or turn down the music in game? what were they thinking?
    The way it should be, shooting someone in the head or chest with an assault rifle should drop them in 2-3 shots, not having to empty the clip into them. It was the same in COD4 and MW2.

But that's the way it should be, right?

But that's the way it should be, right?

Not when bullets go around corners no

I now have to get a blue briefcase and T-Bag the next enemy I kill to get a care package! What the hell were this crowd on when they thought of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I logged into steam and it has 11.000 or so playing ghosts and about 9000 playing black ops 2 . I think it says alot about the game . I Don't enjoy the game at all and if it is not fun to play I won't play it .

I'd say Christmas is when you'll see a big shift there. And then the Christmas n00bs shall be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

I want my money Back!!! Going back to Black ops 2

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Dedicated servers my h0le.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

K.E.M. strikes in care packages, why?

Whoever was making the map in the jungle must be related to Marie in breaking bad. Purple tints everywhere

lkionm wrote: »
    Whoever was making the map in the jungle must be related to Marie in breaking bad. Purple tints everywhere

I actually had the colour blind thing enabled. Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

K.E.M. strikes in care packages, why?

How do you actually get care packages?

Advertisement