Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Think people are getting attached to their teams and are slow about moving on

Exactly! If the right job comes along then yeah but people won't leave unless its really tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Exactly! If the right job comes along then yeah but people won't leave unless its really tempting.

Meh, there was only few (one/two i think) applicants when real became available ...

Even big clubs dont seem to tempt people...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I would imagine the only job I'd leave AZ for would be United tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd walk to Milan if the job came up.
    Very few others would even tempt me.

Meh, there was only few (one/two i think) applicants when real became available ...

Even big clubs dont seem to tempt people...

There are quite a few I'd move for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Gremlin manager wants too move too olypicas! I'm not even going too wait too accept him as they've been free for some time now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Gremlin manager wants too move too olypicas! I'm not even going too wait too accept him as they've been free for some time now
    Whose the gremlin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

JamboMac wrote: »
    Whose the gremlin

Rambo Gizmo, obviously!

gremlins2d.jpg

CSKA Moscow free... Few 90s at them too any takers?

Serious squad for this division!

• Advertisement

No interest as of yet

No interest as of yet

cant believe all of the D4 managers think their team is stronger/better than that moskow team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

It seemed like a bit of craic initially, but I reckon I'm going to have to drop out of managing Basel on this one lads. It's just too much of a pain in the hole trying to get decent players in, especially when the entire squad needs revamping. Have been filling in mostly 87's just to get an even spread of players. Then to try and get a few 88's in positions I want is impossible due to prices. I was lucky though to get one or two 88's at great prices thanks to a couple lads on here that were generous.

Even trying to buy a few youngsters with potential is next to impossible. Not being smart but most of the young talented players seem to be almost hoarded as they are at clubs with massive squads.

So I reckon the job will be available soonish. Only good thing is they are a bit stronger than the mess they were when I took over :p

Herrick wrote: »
    It seemed like a bit of craic initially, but I reckon I'm going to have to drop out of managing Basel on this one lads. It's just too much of a pain in the hole trying to get decent players in, especially when the entire squad needs revamping. Have been filling in mostly 87's just to get an even spread of players. Then to try and get a few 88's in positions I want is impossible due to prices. I was lucky though to get one or two 88's at great prices thanks to a couple lads on here that were generous.

Even trying to buy a few youngsters with potential is next to impossible. Not being smart but most of the young talented players seem to be almost hoarded as they are at clubs with massive squads.

So I reckon the job will be available in a few days. Only good thing is they are a bit stronger than the mess they were when I took over :p

Moskow? Theyve 90s

So I reckon the job will be available soonish. Only good thing is they are a bit stronger than the mess they were when I took over :p

plenty of 88's at externals.....you can use some of your players as exchanges to limit the cash. its a marathon not a sprint so dont worry bout teams with big squads as they will sell eventually.

Take Cska so

Grêmio
    CSKA Moskva
    FC Basel
    Panathinaikos
    Sporting de Braga
    Standard Liège

All free.. Some good teams there too!

Malaga are free lads. Great team they even got isco 24 hours. Go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Throwing my name into the hat for Malaga

Game World Manager Ranking 19

tommycahir wrote: »
    Throwing my name into the hat for Malaga

Club currently controlled bud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Club currently controlled bud?

oops that would be Auxerre in Div 4

First and only name in the hat as we speak!

First and only name in the hat as we speak!

this would be where the manager rating system works, guy has been slogging in D4, worked his rating to 19th -> give the man a job :)

Yeah, I say just give it to him, no point waiting, he's the outstanding candidate.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yeah, I say just give it to him, no point waiting, he's the outstanding candidate.

i'd say the Espanyol manager might disagree with you if he's interested in the job. ;)

this would be where the manager rating system works, guy has been slogging in D4, worked his rating to 19th -> give the man a job :)

We also allow for the 24 hour rule for lads who arent online 23 hours a day. I musy admit he'll be in with a great chance as it allways reverts back too rankings!

Checking my sig **

Consider me applied for the Malaga job too please Mac. LA Galaxy. Think the Auxerre manager is ranked higher than me though!

Consider me applied for the Malaga job too please Mac. LA Galaxy. Think the Auxerre manager is ranked higher than me though!

your doing a stellar job at LA tho........

back to back relegations is some going..... :pac:

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    your doing a stellar job at LA tho........

back to back relegations is some going..... :pac:

Long way to go this season buddy! On a shoestring budget at that!

Advertisement