Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slot Machine Supplier - Landing Page

Options
  • 04-11-2013 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, I have just finished the redesign of a service that I have very successfully operated in Italy for the last 2 years. It's basically a landing page targeting bar/pub/cafe owners with our gaming solutions.

It's a simple concept... I advertise the site on Google, specifically targeting bar owners. They then visit us where they can then estimate how much income their bar could generate through slot and gaming solutions. If they then express an interest, I then pass their details onto my clients, who supply the equipment and service the client, and I then charge my client a finder fee! As I said, works great in Italy! I'm Irish by the way!

Apart from the actual design and concept itself, just wondering if there is there a market for this in Ireland. In the UK, there is for sure!

Anyway, i'd really appreciate some feedback on the site before I send it out into the real world.

Thanks in advance!
    Dec

Test URL - http://www.declanbradley.com/slots/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Very slick design. The income estimator is a great call to action.

Great to see these types of ventures. Similar to drop-shipping, I suppose.

Not sure if there's a market in Ireland - try the entrepreneurial forum.

Also, check out Google keyword planner to see if people are searching for related keywords in Ireland.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Nice.

A few notes:

No Responsive Design which is pretty much a must these days.

Form layout is broken in FF24.

GREAT has similar treatment as links.

Make anchor text better, no 'click here'.

Be sure to provide decent contact and about info when you get to that stage.

Why not use html5?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭decbrad

tricky D wrote: »
    Nice.
    Thanks for the feedback Tricky!!!
    A few notes:

No Responsive Design which is pretty much a must these days.
    For sure! Working on a responsive version at the moment!

Form layout is broken in FF24.
    Yeah! There's a few issues on Safari that need to be ironed out too!

GREAT has similar treatment as links.
    Not sure I follow!??

Make anchor text better, no 'click here'.
    Think i'll leave as is! but thanks for comment!

Be sure to provide decent contact and about info when you get to that stage.

Good point! The site was put together so quickly that there's a ton of optimisations needed! Will probably strip it right back!

Why not use html5?
    See above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The orange GREAT with underline looks like a link when it isn't.

Yeah! Thanks! The concept has worked extremely well in Italy! Now i'm expanding on the idea to make it more international

Yeah! There's a lot of work required on the networking side of things! It's not a put it up there and forget about it business!

Will do! Still working on the logistical side of things!

Also, check out Google keyword planner to see if people are searching for related keywords in Ireland.
    Cheers! Good point!

Good luck with it.
    Thanks! Appreciate it!

• Advertisement

Ahh! Gotcha!

Cheers!

Yeah! Thanks! The concept has worked extremely well in Italy! Now i'm expanding on the idea to make it more international

Yeah! There's a lot of work required on the networking side of things! It's not a put it up there and forget about it business!

Will do! Still working on the logistical side of things!

Cheers! Good point!

Good luck with it.
    Thanks! Appreciate it!

Advertisement