Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alistair Craig

Options
  • 09-04-2003 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So what about alistair craig?I had the honour of watching him race at arkansas NCAA. He just blows your mind away and actually runs the chills up your spine when he competes. There is no real buzz about him though in the irish media. Perhaps it is because he is in america but he is the best to come of the irish in years. Is he the next Sonia O Sullivan as one would say???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ed Healey

Are you suggesting that Alistair have a sex change?

Do you have some inside information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 david brent

the irish media will realise he's world class soon enough and they'll be on the bandwagon straight away. tom humphries will see a nice tidy profit off writing a book about him (his story is very interesting) and he'll get the publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im sure a few athletes would opt for a sex change if they could run like sonia!

He sure has an interesting story but John Mac has him under close call at the moment. He doesnt seem to be going any where, his story neither. Perhaps he will run Irish Nationals and show a few people how to race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 johnnygofaster

yes alistar craigg is the man, he ran 3.39 this last weekend and he has got plenty more in him, he will for sure be the next big thing in ireland, mark my works he will be THE BEST IRISH ATHLETE EVER...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ed Healey

Well, when he wins his second Olympic gold in the same discipline, it will be a draw between him and Dr. Pat.

• Advertisement

i know that was a pretty bold statement, but im just telling you that you got to see this guy on the track to believe it, he is all the rage over here and johnny mac said he aint ever seen anything like him, johnny mac said that.... now tell me that guy doesnt know...

13.25, the kid just keeps getting faster, check out the results from mt. sac......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭MartinNutty

Interesting results 2nd place finisher in Cragg's race has a slower time: Mount Sac Results

yeah there was something messed up with the results that came from mt sac, if you want to read a bit about craiggs win check this out
    www.hogwired.com/tablestory.asp?Home_ID=5&Story_ID=4484

Sounds like a tough loss for Cragg and Arkansas. My guess was that Cragg was looking to conserve energy because he's going to run the 4 X Mile today.

Penn Relays Article

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MartinNutty
    Sounds like a tough loss for Cragg and Arkansas. My guess was that Cragg was looking to conserve energy because he's going to run the 4 X Mile today.

Penn Relays Article

Looks like Cragg had a better day today leading Arkansas to 4 X Mile victory

Some Results

yeah it was a hell of a leg in the DMR, craigg just got outkicked by the ncaa 800 mts champion, branner is a hell of an athlete too, but i think craigg was that little bit too confident, he let branner into it and got out kicked, i dont think it was a matter of energy conservation, but just got out kicked, but it was still a class run, and he still came back and anchored that class act 4x1mile team, he is still a class act, hey anybody get any other splits from the irish there, reale, fagan, o shea, mcgettigan..

Advertisement