Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get a receipt of a SEPA payment made online

Options
  • 30-10-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

How can I get receipt/proof that I made a SEPA payment to a particular Payee using online banking. The homepage for the account showing recent transactions shows every few details, and doesn't even show the payee, just the amount and some transaction identifier.

If I call into a local branch is it possible to get something on paper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi alb

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If you require confirmation of a payment you have sent online, you can contact Bank of Ireland 365. A representative will be happy to assist and send you details of this payment in the post to the address on your account.

Please call 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000 from abroad.

Just to mention, each time you transfer funds online, you can print off a confirmation directly after you enter your 365 PIN confirming your payment request.

For your convenience, you could file these and have them to hand if a payment query arises.

Thanks 
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Hi alb

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If you require confirmation of a payment you have sent online, you can contact Bank of Ireland 365. A representative will be happy to assist and send you details of this payment in the post to the address on your account.

Please call 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000 from abroad.

Just to mention, each time you transfer funds online, you can print off a confirmation directly after you enter your 365 PIN confirming your payment request.

For your convenience, you could file these and have them to hand if a payment query arises.

Thanks 
    Alison
    Thanks, I didn't print the confirmation, and I really could do with having it today, is there any way I can call to a branch and get this as I don't have time to wait for postal receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi alb

As the payment was transferred through Bank of Ireland 365 online, it will not be possible for a branch to provide you with the confirmation of payment.

It will be necessary to request this by calling Bank of Ireland 365. A representative can also assist with any queries you may have regarding the payment.

It can take up to 5 working days to receive the confirmation of payment in the post.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dariomartins

Hi alb

As the payment was transferred through Bank of Ireland 365 online, it will not be possible for a branch to provide you with the confirmation of payment.

It will be necessary to request this by calling Bank of Ireland 365. A representative can also assist with any queries you may have regarding the payment.

It can take up to 5 working days to receive the confirmation of payment in the post.

Thanks
    Alison
    Oh my god. It's just frustrating that a Bank has such a backwards service up till today. Any other bank I have ever used gives you an option to print any proof of payment at anytime online.

I look forward to closing my account asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Dariomatins,

Thanks for joining the thread.

As this thread was from 2013, our procedures have changed. When you initially make the transfer, you are given the option to print this proof of payment. If you have passed this stage, you can request a proof of payment using "Service Desk" > "Ask a Question" and one of our colleagues on the online service desk will be happy to arrange this for you.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Deon

I tried to do the same thing today.   I am from AFRICA and our banks are so much more efficient - 2 days to get a proof of payment is INSANE ! Where I come from I can get a proof of payment by simply selecting the payment on my online banking,  Are all the European banks like this or is it just BOI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gkjl

Hi Dariomatins,

As this thread was from 2013, our procedures have changed. When you initially make the transfer, you are given the option to print this proof of payment. If you have passed this stage, you can request a proof of payment using "Service Desk" > "Ask a Question" and one of our colleagues on the online service desk will be happy to arrange this for you.

Thanks,
    Richard
    I cannot do this now since the update is there another way or do I just call the helpline? Surely this should be a standard service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

gkjl wrote: »
    Hi Dariomatins,

Thanks,
    Richard
    I cannot do this now since the update is there another way or do I just call the helpline? Surely this should be a standard service
    Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

You can certainly complete this on Banking 365 by following 'Services' > 'Send us a Message'. One of my colleagues with account access will be happy to issue you with your Proof of Payment. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement