Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many infractions have you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

One from 3 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

3, 2 stupid ones and one that was reversed. fight the powah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Two bans, three yellows and a warning.

All thoroughly deserved but it's all part of the sport.

Weather you think I deserved them join the que.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I have none :D

Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to give us homework!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5 infractions, all but one earned (genuinely didn't see the mod warning on the other one), no reds, 2 bans, 1 was lifted within a few hours by a nice mod, they do exist, the other was me being a smart arse on AH and it back fired.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Have 2, one yellow card that i deserved and one bull$h!t red card that expired about a month ago and I was told I would get an explanation from the mod but still waiting. Suppose it depends on what mood the mod is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

16 (8 yellow, 8 red). I deserved at least 10 of them.

Banned from the Jesus forum, and also the bicycle forum. The former I don't care about, but the latter can be interesting, so hopefully I get let back in, some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Cycling Dumbasses

Is there any way in removing permanent ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

1 yellow: Deserved and mod explained reasons briefly.

1 red: Debatable whether it was even a yellow and seemed to be on the opinion of a trigger-happy mod at the time. Inadequate explanation given. Would have taken it to DR if I had the time.

What's the point of yellow/red card infractions if there is no standard in how they are applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Got 1 yellow over a year ago that was fully deserved. Haven't gotten any since and hoping not to get any more ever, couldn't deal with that shame, it's like having your name in the local paper after being in court for not having a tv license.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

ive got three with two expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

the_syco wrote: »
    16 (8 yellow, 8 red). I deserved at least 10 of them.

Banned from the Jesus forum, and also the bicycle forum. The former I don't care about, but the latter can be interesting, so hopefully I get let back in, some day.

Was jesus on the bicycle? Thats a funny word, "bicycle".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

15 warnings, 22 infractions and 11 bans apparently. I haven't got too many lately since I don't post in Politics much these days,

<snip>

I did pick up an infraction in AH for "sweeping generalisations" lately which seems to be the infraction de jeur.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

One infraction for light-heartedly suggesting someone was trolling. Though tone is easily lost in text. Was a bit shocked at the time as I thought I was here long enough to know where the line was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

<snip>

I had a completely clear 9 year history on AH, until a fare dodging thread got my dander up in 2012. Since then, 5 cards, one red and reversed and one red where I mentioned a town in Meath at a sensitive time. Then the time I was banned and fought the law, but the law won.

I'm amazed at all these virgins with no cards, perhaps the mods can infract every one of us for discussing moderation in thread and then I won't feel so bad.

Some people I am gobsmacked have no cards at all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

None....I'm working up to one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

4 Red and 1 Yellow.
    The Yellow is the only one from AH, although I have racked up around 18months worth of bans.
    I've learned my lesson the hard way though and I was even asked to be a Super Admin cMod of AH by DeVore himself. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

6 red all deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

2 yellows. The second for calling someone an idiot. He completely deserved after making libelous allegations. Oddly enough that didn't get him an infraction.

• Advertisement

Mod

Do not use this thread to give out about the modding of other forums.

Posts edited/deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

One yellow and one warning PM.
    Both deserved
    Stupidity and alcohol are a woeful mix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Got banned from AH for a month once. My first and only rap of the knuckles. I have since learnt that instead of telling another poster that they are a tool, you have to tell them their behaviour is toolish instead. Simple!

4 Red and 1 Yellow.
    The Yellow is the only one from AH, although I have racked up around 18months worth of bans.
    I've learned my lesson the hard way though and I was even asked to be a Super Admin cMod of AH by DeVore himself. :P

Liar!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Around 900.

Got banned from AH for a month once. My first and only rap of the knuckles. I have since learnt that instead of telling another poster that they are a tool, you have to tell them their behaviour is toolish instead. Simple!

Unless you're talking about another account - that's not accurate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Two. One yellow, one red.
    Deserved the yellow and probably another yellow for the second incident. But thought the red was absurd as it was based on the fact the while I was typing a response, a mod posted a warning and another poster involved also posted. So the other poster got a yellow and I got a red, just based on the sequence of the posts coming in.
    Or so I was told.

Unless you're talking about another account - that's not accurate!

Well how else did I get banned? I had no warnings. OK, it probably wasn't a month but I was rabid by the time I was let back in here with my drivel.

I can't imagine how tough the whole thing must have been for the rest of ye.

I find evidence later to validate my story!!

Well how else did I get banned? I had no warnings. OK, it probably wasn't a month but I was rabid by the time I was let back in here with my drivel.

I can't imagine how tough the whole thing must have been for the rest of ye.

I find evidence later to validate my story!!

It was three days. You wouldn't ever get banned for a month for the first offence of calling someone a tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

o1s1n wrote: »
    Zero in over 10 years. And I can be a right ****. It's all about how you do it :D
    Teachers Pet I reckon

Helps that the infraction system hasn't been running for even 10yrs here :p

Well, I'm sure it hasn't

I have one or two infractions I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement