Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I get my money back?

Options
  • 23-10-2013 10:58pm
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Backed Rooney to be 1st goalscorer tonight in the MU match.
    1st (and only) goal was an own goal and own goals don't count
    so am I entitled to my money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

No anybody who backed no goalscorer wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

pp refund all rooney fgs bets to those still eligible for mbs

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Did they change the Money Back as it was to be Van Persie last goal but he didn't play?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

Did they change the Money Back as it was to be Van Persie last goal but he didn't play?

so nope there was no other money back special on the game.but it cud have played a role in the goodwill gesture

Paddy Power’s ability to predict starting line-ups was as bad as his ability to pull off leather chaps last night as Robin van Persie didn’t even make the bench for Manchester United’s clash with Real Sociedad.

Manager David Moyes said he left RVP out as a ‘precautionary measure’ which is understandable with United facing a mid-table six-pointer against Stoke on Saturday.

That meant that Paddy Power’s Money-Back Special if Robin van Persie scored last couldn’t go ahead. Fortunately for punters Paddy Power is refunding all losing first goalscorer bets on Wayne Rooney as a goodwill gesture.

It was Rooney’s piece of individual magic that teed up the quite frankly, hilarious shank from Inigo Martinez that finished in the back of his own net. That piece of amateur defending gold gave United a 1-0 win, but as Rooney’s skill played such a big part of the goal Paddy thought it was only fair to refund losing first goalscorer bets.

Advertisement