Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eSports event down in Cork.... boy

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=430962

Seems interesting getting the MLG(axslav and axeltoss) casters coming over and everything.

Fair play to n00bgaming, seen them around for a bit last year. but they seem to be getting off the ground now.

I wonder what numbers they are hoping to pull.

Cork is an interesting destination, I guess its fine due to the airport for UK people interested. Hopefully more details will come out closer, with if its BYOB, prize pool, formats etc

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's also where Blizzard's main offices in Ireland are, so it's the obvious place to bring people if there's any official Blizzard involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Pretty sick event but Murph's comment was gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

Computers will be supplied. I know that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

It should be good craic, defiantly considering going.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Might head to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 UntidyIntent

All should go!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭brimur69

Ten minutes from my house! Nice! Not enough details yet though. Wish they would release a list of invited players (if any) regardless of who has rsvp'd.

Jesus the prize pool. As a gamer in general delighted to hear this event is being organised so well (for now)!

Jesus the prize pool. As a gamer in general delighted to hear this event is being organised so well (for now)!

holy crap didn't see that coming

Organisers are doing an unreal job on this. Should hopefully be a great spectacle and maybe even the first SC Tournament I'll watch since HoTs.

• Advertisement

if every irish sc2 person doesn't tune in I'll be disappointed. I think a couple of us out of work may be going! Are them tickets on sale yet?

They are, 0 work shall be done Monday morning!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Organisers are doing an unreal job on this.

They did such an unreal job that they cancelled it at the last minute leaving players raging. A lot of players had booked flights and hotels and have been left severely out of pocket.

Some serious skulduggery going on here me thinks.....they haven't refunded any sponsor money.

Hahah that's deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Kirby wrote: »
    They did such an unreal job that they cancelled it at the last minute leaving players raging. A lot of players had booked flights and hotels and have been left severely out of pocket.

Some serious skulduggery going on here me thinks.....they haven't refunded any sponsor money.

Was there an explanation given for the cancellation?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭murphzor

nope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

edit: found link sorry for bringing up old thread

Advertisement