Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullock for best actress - Oscars 2014

Options
  • 16-09-2013 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭

You heard it here first. Just took all Paddy's 20/1 action, now at 12's.

Will be 4/1 or less on Oscars week. Fair line is 2/1 in my opinion.

Talking to Nevada contacts to get more +2000 action before worldwide release.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Very hard to see a science fiction movie taking the best actress award. I think it's impossible to look beyond Cate Blanchette but not at the price she's at.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Took all the 12's action last week. Now 11/2. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Well done getting 20's!
    All the stuff I've heard about festivals suggest Cate Blanchette has this sewn up, but it's hard to back anyone at such a short price for markets like this.
    Sure last year Les Mis, Zero Dark Thirty & Lincoln all spent a long time as favourite for Best Picture. The betting ebbs and flows a lot.

I'm thinking about trying Matthew McConaughey for best Actor. He was 10's last time I checked. Guy has totally shaken up his career in the last 2/3 years and the Dallas Buyers Club looks like a good vehicle.

Blanchett is still almost certainly favourite and zero value, but Bullock definitely shorter than 11/2, prob 4's.

Saw it in 3D IMAX on Sat. Plenty of Oscar bait scenes, and a reasonably solid performance. Not outstanding, but it's the votes that count and I believe she will attract many votes as the movie is unlikely to attract best picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

3DataModem wrote: »
    Blanchett is still almost certainly favourite and zero value, but Bullock definitely shorter than 11/2, prob 4's.

Saw it in 3D IMAX on Sat. Plenty of Oscar bait scenes, and a reasonably solid performance. Not outstanding, but it's the votes that count and I believe she will attract many votes as the movie is unlikely to attract best picture.

She's 10's with PP, so you might want to get back in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Cate Blanchett will win this and deservedly so, no pt backing anyone else imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

well done on the price op
    latest odds are
    1/4 cate
    6/1 sandra

based on that alone i'd say she has it sewn up which is always
    the case with these awards when someone goes off that short

I don't recall any nominess being that short ever and actually
    not winning it
    that's a daniel day lewis kinda price

Hope it comes in for you though

Warper wrote: »
    Cate Blanchett will win this and deservedly so, no pt backing anyone else imo

Are you a layer by any chance? Would take action via escrow if you are offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

got Matthew Mcconaughey at 20/1 a few months back and Chiwetel Ejiofor @ 8/1 so two medium stakes on them il be up a nice amount if either one of them win,seen Cate blancheet odds drop from 4/1 to evens in a day and said id leave it after betting on the best actor race. Im worried about tom hanks tho he has had a great year with captain Philips and saving mr. banks and could get nominated twice in the same year

one to look out for is gravity I feel that it could get best director, and maybe `12 years will get best film,at this moment at time the best supporting race is down to 2, jared leto and fassbender to close to call but i think leto will grab it his doing all the media rounds at present kissing ass as you have to around the awards circuit,while fassbender will get nominated he has refused to do any media for awards after missing out for shame,(he will be in new Zealand shooting a film)

for best supporing actress i feel Lupita Nyong'o ("12 Years a Slave") will win this,the academy like to give young actors a nom in at least one acting catergy and this year it will be Nyong'o shes got some great buzz coming out of this film and hold her own against fassbender

key to getting value is getting on your bets before xmas also no value when nominations are announced on january 16th ,as already the Oscar season is started already with the gotham awards next week and well see the start of the pattern begin as people give great speech's, they seem to think of them come Oscar time

best film ,12 years evens or gravity 4/1 (once gravity is nominated you'll get this at 2/1 if your lucky )

3 horse race between Hanks,Mcconaughey and Ejiofor,think mcconaughey will edge it but hanks is great odds at 11/2

best actress between bullock and blancheet but i think gravity will won almost all technical awards ,again great value for bullock at 6/1 maybe something small,but blancheet has this wrapped up i feel

probable noms

Julia Roberts ("August: Osage County")
    Octavia Spencer ("Fruitvale Station") 16/1
    June Squibb (Nebraska) 20/1
    Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave) 11/8
    Oprah Winfrey ("Lee Daniels' The Butler") 11/10 likely winner either winfrey or nyongo not great odds for either

best supporting actor again Leto 3/1 is great value fassbender 5/4, heart says fassbender but head says Leto even tho odds dont represent that

probable noms

Steve McQueen (12 Years A Slave) 6/5
    Joel & Ethan Coen (Inside Llewyn Davis) 8/1
    Paul Greengrass (Captain Phillips) 25/1
    Martin Scorcese (The Wolf Of Wall Street) 12/5
    Alfoso Cuaran (Gravity) 3/1

at present 2 horse race but new ones seen wolf on wall street yet Curan for me 3/1 is value here,Just think they will go with 12 years as best film

Bullock now 7/2 best price, average 3's.

I'm taking it to the hoop on this one, plenty of upsets in the past, and Woody Allen movies do not attract votes from women easily.

• Advertisement

3DataModem wrote: »
    Bullock now 7/2 best price, average 3's.

I'm taking it to the hoop on this one, plenty of upsets in the past, and Woody Allen movies do not attract votes from women easily.

Good odds alrite she will get nominated so who knows,as will women vote for Allens actors id dont understand,he has a record amount of actors nominated in his films and alot of winners

With nearly two dozen regional groups picking the year’s best, Steve McQueen’s film has won three-quarters of the best-picture awards

Best Picture:
    “12 Years a Slave”: 17
    “Her”: 4*
    “American Hustle”: 1
    “Inside Llewyn Davis”: 1
    “Gravity”: 1*

Best Director:
    Alfonso Cuaron, “Gravity”: 13*
    Steve McQueen, “12 Years a Slave”: 11*

Best Actor:
    Chiwetel Ejiofor, “12 Years a Slave”: 15
    Matthew McConaughey, “Dallas Buyers Club”: 4
    Oscar Isaac, “Inside Llewyn Davis”: 2
    Bruce Dern, “Nebraska”: 1
    Robert Redford, “All Is Lost”: 1
    Forest Whitaker, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler”: 1

Best Actress:
    Cate Blanchett, “Blue Jasmine”: 16*
    Sandra Bullock, “Gravity”: 3
    Brie Larson, “Short Term 12″: 2
    Adele Exarchopoulos, “Blue is the Warmest Color”: 2*
    Judi Dench, “Philomena”: 1
    Emma Thompson, “Saving Mr. Banks”: 1

Best Supporting Actor:
    Jared Leto, “Dallas Buyers Club”: 18*
    Michael Fassbender, “12 Years a Slave”: 2
    James Franco, “Spring Breakers”: 2*
    Barkhad Abdi, “Captain Phillips”: 1

Best Supporting Actress:
    Lupita Nyong’o, “12 Years a Slave”: 15
    Jennifer Lawrence, “American Hustle”: 4
    Scarlett Johansson, “Her”: 1
    June Squibb, “Nebraska”: 1
    Oprah Winfrey, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler”: 1
    Shailene Woodley, “The Spectacular Now”: 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Hope you managed to lay this bet off OP!

will start thread here and be more involved next year was busy this year with my final exams in college but I hope alot of ye followed

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It was never really a back-to-lay, didn't put enough on. Could have quadrupled my money but when she shortened I thought I still may have had value. Then Blanchett exploded, and the laying opportunity vanished anyway.

Advertisement