Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shop opening hours?

Options
  • 04-10-2013 9:31am
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I see Paddy Power are now open at 9.30am
    Was in town yesterday morning and a load of them open at 9.30am now.
    I thought they weren't allowed open until 10am? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I see Paddy Power are now open at 9.30am
    Was in town yesterday morning and a load of them open at 9.30am now.
    I thought they weren't allowed open until 10am? :confused:

i think there is only a rule for Sunday morning (11 am) and nightly closing times. can open as early as they like the other 6 days as far as I know.

Old days there was no racing to make it worthwhile opening too early, but with so much virtual **** now, they can get the addicts in early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They open at 8.00am during Cheltenham. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Old days there was no racing to make it worthwhile opening too early, but with so much virtual **** now, they can get the addicts in early.

To be honest bookie shops are a joke now, all they want is people to bet on virtual ****, wont take more than a few hundred on any sports or racing, a joke thats why i dont frequent them much anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

To be honest bookie shops are a joke now, all they want is people to bet on virtual ****, wont take more than a few hundred on any sports or racing, a joke thats why i dont frequent them much anymore.

I stepped into a Boyles shop recently and was shocked that every screen had some form of virtual sh1t on. It was hard to find the one screen with real racing on.

I won't be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I stepped into a Boyles shop recently and was shocked that every screen had some form of virtual sh1t on. It was hard to find the one screen with real racing on.

I won't be back.

I share your pain Joe but tbh they don't want the like of you or me in their shops, the addicts and degenerates that will punt away every penny on the guaranteeed proofit virtuals are their bread and butter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Virtual Motor & Bike racing in Boylers have to be the worst examples of taking the **** in the history of bookmaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Bookies are a joke now , all virtual racing in the UK its all fixed odds betting terminals , they dont take much money at all on sport , I used to go around shops getting on now lm limited and all my bets are rung through pathetic really 100 at even money and they ring for permission to lay. I asked a guy to place a bet in store for me on a biggish race and i wanted 200 ew at 14/1 he would be a shop regular and they wouldnt take it offered 100 ew. Attitude from alot of the staff is terrible aswell they sigh when they get the slip from you and have to ring it through , surely they should be glad people are in there shop and just cut odds and allow people to bet what they like , they are not bookmakers in the traditional sense though they have no balls , just keep there odds lower than exchanges and screw the regualars all day long

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

One problem with giving it to someone else in the shop is that the staff know he's a 50c Yankee punter who's now trying to have 200 e/w on a 14/1 shot, there's something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Bookies are allowed open from 7 every morning.

Advertisement