Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Megathread *READ OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys. You know %%% that goes with game save, is it over all progress or story progress?

I am 47% in and had only 2 "big jobs" and only one played off...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Guys. You know %%% that goes with game save, is it over all progress or story progress?

I am 47% in and had only 2 "big jobs" and only one played off...

All over, but it's not everything as you only need a certain amount of each for the overall 100%. Go onto the social site and it'll show a break down or look in stats on the game.

I'm at 47.06% and that's
    35/69 main missions
    9/20 strangers and freaks
    11/42 hobbies and pastimes
    14/14 random events
    5/16 misc

There are way more hobbies, stranger, and random events but it only counts ceratin ones for the overall completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,552 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Rockstar website has all your stats and even shows what you have left to do. Like, getting a hooker in your car is one of the Misc activities.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Pain in the arse, can't seem to link my Xbox account on the Socialclub. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Never mind, it worked eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

When playing as Trevor, where do I find the missions to bring people up to the woods to be eaten by hillbillies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Jesus, I just read my previous post back to myself and laughed out loud at how wrong that entire sentence looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

shuffles03 wrote: »
    When playing as Trevor, where do I find the missions to bring people up to the woods to be eaten by hillbillies?
    As you drive around, you'll occasionally see red and blue flashing blips on your radar representing incidental missions. As Trevor, quite a few of these will be drunks looking for a lift home. You approach them and they point out their car. When you hop in to drive, you will see the yellow route to the destination, - but you'll also see an "A" symbol appear, marking a point up in the mountains. It won't be as obvious and it won't have a route line, but that's their camp.

It's up to you where you want to bring them. :D

I usually make my decision based wholly on how nice or not they are to me. The couple shifting the face off each other, I gave a pass, I suppose I'm a romantic at heart. But the dude who puked in the car definitely got to take a tour of the highlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Anybody having "issues" with the radio stations repeating the same songs/content all the time. Generally I listen to the spanish and pop stations and they cycle the same 4-6 songs, even though the station has about 12-14 track's listed, also iv heard the same conversations on the chatshow a few times. Maybe im just playing the game too much :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Noticed the same, tho it appears to be linked to the time of day I think. Talk radio has Lazlo during the day and Fernando at night.

Hopefully the PC version will have the ability to play your own mp3 files with a DJ slagging off your taste in music just like IV. Plus I have the Vice City stations in mp3...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

5uspect wrote: »
    Noticed the same, tho it appears to be linked to the time of day I think. Talk radio has Lazlo during the day and Fernando at night.

Hopefully the PC version will have the ability to play your own mp3 files with a DJ slagging off your taste in music just like IV. Plus I have the Vice City stations in mp3...

Really wish it was available on console now, the xbox versions of San Andreas had it as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

krudler wrote: »
    Really wish it was available on console now, the xbox versions of San Andreas had it as far as I remember.

Yeah, I'm fairly underwhelmed by the radio. Schmuck that I am, I'd probably even pay a few quid to download a new station or something, but I really felt like some LCD Soundsystem or something was really badly needed. It's all.. fine, and atmospheric, but I don't feel like there's anything on it that elevates the experience all that much, it's only ever a nice ambient effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

As you drive around, you'll occasionally see red and blue flashing blips on your radar representing incidental missions. As Trevor, quite a few of these will be drunks looking for a lift home. You approach them and they point out their car. When you hop in to drive, you will see the yellow route to the destination, - but you'll also see an "A" symbol appear, marking a point up in the mountains. It won't be as obvious and it won't have a route line, but that's their camp.

It's up to you where you want to bring them. :D

I usually make my decision based wholly on how nice or not they are to me. The couple shifting the face off each other, I gave a pass, I suppose I'm a romantic at heart. But the dude who puked in the car definitely got to take a tour of the highlands.

On that
    All of the random people appear for everyone so go get the drunk guy with someone else and they have a different address. Same with the blonde in Blaine County, the "story" only completes with Franklin. Altho I did switch back to trevor wearing her dress :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bob Seger and Kendrick Lamar just seem to be playing 24-7.

Convoy is an inspired addition though, as are some of the ridiculous 90s hits on the pop station (the theme from The Beach!). Definitely could use a bit more variety, and neither the rock or 'experimental' stations are as good as they were in IV, which is a shame.

That said, the way you 'unlock' different talk stations when you enter or leave Los Santos is one of the neatest attention to detail touches I've spotted. Plus the no GPS in tunnels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

might try and finish the story and bring it in during the week :pac: 5er profit plus gta finished :P then get it again when it goes down in price ha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So when you finish the game,do random events/missions happen?can you continue on playing ?

So when you finish the game,do random events/missions happen?can you continue on playing ?

I was wondering that too. Will I be able to finish the freaks and strangers stuff missions after the main story is done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I was wondering that too. Will I be able to finish the freaks and strangers stuff missions after the main story is done?

Yea everything carries over after the main story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Apparently GTA Online is going to feature microtransactions, basically you can buy in game money.

Yeah, I'm fairly underwhelmed by the radio. Schmuck that I am, I'd probably even pay a few quid to download a new station or something, but I really felt like some LCD Soundsystem or something was really badly needed. It's all.. fine, and atmospheric, but I don't feel like there's anything on it that elevates the experience all that much, it's only ever a nice ambient effect.

yeah there's a few good tracks but nothing in the same league overall as Vice City, but because everything was of the one era in that it worked really well. hell even if they put a classic hits station on there and stuck some old GTA favourites in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That said, the way you 'unlock' different talk stations when you enter or leave Los Santos is one of the neatest attention to detail touches I've spotted. Plus the no GPS in tunnels.
    Ha, I just noticed those two things last night. It's those little touches that really make the game for me. I love how, when you commit a crime, people around you take out their phones and video it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

humanji wrote: »
    I love how, when you commit a crime, people around you take out their phones and video it.

and then call the police the feicers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

danthefan wrote: »
    Apparently GTA Online is going to feature microtransactions, basically you can buy in game money.

:mad:

Though I'm not surprised, I was wondering what they would put in the store in the pause screen it's baron at the minute.

Edit : Someone on Reddit found this in one of the games xml files

"Cash is king in this town,” it says. “Solve your money problems and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your character's bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."

Listed within the file are $100,000, $200,000, $500,000 and $1,250,000 cash cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You can't expect rockstar to sustain an online world for the next few years just on the initial cost of the game. Micro transactions make sense in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,336 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CombatCow wrote: »
    You can't expect rockstar to sustain an online world for the next few years just on the initial cost of the game. Micro transactions make sense in this case.

The game (which would include most of the setup of online) cost €265m to make, and made €1b in the first 3 days. Minus what retailers took off it, they are definitely still sitting on a huge profit. They could easily sustain the Online for a few years (though it's doubtful there'd still be big demand in a year or two considering the next get consoles are out in a few months and as more games get released for them, GTA Online will fall on the backburner for a lot of people).

But, I have no issues with cash microtransactions. Pay for them if you want, or don't.

CombatCow wrote: »

As much as I hate that sort of shiet, I have to agree.

Keep in mind, they are offering online updates regularly. It is sort of free to play model. Might as well get micro transaction in there too.

humanji wrote: »
    Ha, I just noticed those two things last night. It's those little touches that really make the game for me. I love how, when you commit a crime, people around you take out their phones and video it.

I have it since launch night and there's still little details I'm seeing that make me smile, if you're listening to Blaine County Radio and drive back to Los Santos the radio signal gets worst the closer you get to the city and then it retunes itself to the LS equivalent once it drops the Blaine signal completely, that's a simple but brilliant detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Anyone take part in The Coyote Cross Country Triathlon?

My thumb was going non stop for 25 minutes, stopped for a minute or two, got going again only to finish 4th :( :mad: Was so freakin' close to getting a medal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't want to sift through pages of spoilers but I have the PS3 version - can people tell me what mission the game froze/needed to delete saves...is there any fixes/way around this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

How do you fly the Jumbo planes in the airport

Advertisement