Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Overthelast

Slattsy wrote: »
    Suicidal stuff tbh.

Well I was actually thinking the same but was concerned that the colonel could be near a rope while supping his final bottle of o'faoilean. Didn't quite have the heart to be as blunt but your right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Just looked them up, a bit morrissy/ cure esque?

Joy Division were the band I thought of tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Friday Night Lights is back at Dundalk!
    Colonel, that's awful man.

ft9 wrote: »
    Friday Night Lights is back at Dundalk!
    Colonel, that's awful man.

Boo-urns!

Sand Dune racing!! I do enjoy a beer on a Friday and catching a few races but my god, they are lotteries. I'm rubbish at the AW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sand Dune racing!! I do enjoy a beer on a Friday and catching a few races but my god, they are lotteries. I'm rubbish at the AW.

follow Lyons and Lynam is my method.

Lads, I have xbox 360. Don't have it hooked up online. €70 to do so.

All the mates play ps3 online, call of dutty etc which looks like fun.

Should I trade in the box, get ps3, or stick with what I have or get new xbox/ps4?

Actually, what was I thinking, I'll buy 4 sierra nevada's and have a crack at Dundalk tomorrow night instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Had my best punting spell ever on handicaps at Dundall last year, Khelino winning first try over a mile, Asian Wing winning at 25/1. Star Power still hurts

• Advertisement

favs seem to do well in AW? or maybe that's just a misconception I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Friday night beers and watching Dundalk is good but always lose a rake of cash.

favs seem to do well in AW? or maybe that's just a misconception I have.

I don't know, but I know even if a horse wins there that seemingly has no form if you look back you'll see how well handicapped it is but can be hard to pick. I had my biggest ever win on Home Secretary there going back nearly two years, handicapper had dropped him seven pounds from his previous run, massive drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Off to Lanzarote in the morning lads - gluck to yis :p

Try win a few bob while im away !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Anyone else use William Hill here, havent used them in a while and was going deposit tonight.
    Had a query and went into live chat where i was greeted with this pasted below:

Duncan: Hi, you’re speaking to Duncan. How may I help you?
    Duncan: Top of the morning to you! How may I assist you today?
    You: top of the morning?
    Duncan: Good morning. :)

:mad: Now of course he knew i was Irish so insulted me with this, i have emailed and made a complaint about this and will never again use william hill, what kind of operation do these guys run, when they have a customer rep insulting people with sterotypes.
    Very pissed off about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Lads, I have xbox 360. Don't have it hooked up online. €70 to do so.

All the mates play ps3 online, call of dutty etc which looks like fun.

Should I trade in the box, get ps3, or stick with what I have or get new xbox/ps4?

What you'll get for the Xbox and save from the 70 quid, you'll pay for a second hand ps3 where online costs nothing. So if you'll have better craic on the ps then fire away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Anyone else use William Hill here, havent used them in a while and was going deposit tonight.

:mad: Now of course he knew i was Irish so insulted me with this, i have emailed and made a complaint about this and will never again use william hill, what kind of operation do these guys run, when they have a customer rep insulting people with sterotypes.

Stop being such a drama queen.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I'm so mad, put Phoebe van Gelder in the notebook a while ago and thought she was a sure fire next time out winner after her last run. She runs from 23 lbs out of the handicap today to finish forth, surely going to go up over a stone for that what was the trainer thinking??

What the **** were they thinking. This one would have hacked up next time out if kept in her grade at a nice price. Runs forth from 23lbs out of the handicap to get an increase of 21 lbs. Possibly the stupidest move by an owner or trainer I have seen in a long long time

:mad: Now of course he knew i was Irish so insulted me with this, i have emailed and made a complaint about
    this and will never again use william hill,
    what kind of operation do these guys
    run, when they have a customer rep
    insulting people with sterotypes.
    You were right to complain & fair dues for doing so. They are paid to be professional, not to adopt tired old racist jargon. Too many people would just do nothing.

What the **** were they thinking. This one would have hacked up next time out if kept in her grade at a nice price. Runs forth from 23lbs out of the handicap to get an increase of 21 lbs. Possibly the stupidest move by an owner or trainer I have seen in a long long time

That's daft

Maybe I was being a bit harsh in my wording but can not understand that move

• Advertisement

Don't think you were harsh at all! You misread me

They've probably blown his chance of a winning opportunity, which is crazy given the cost of putting a horse in training, they must have money to burn!

21 lbs, that could have been three wins in lower company and with form figures of 49909 she would have been a nice price in the first run

Hey Hulk it's 1/10 that the projected SPs are all all wrong

5/4 Oklahoma City, 7/2 Geoffrey Chaucer

http://www.irishracing.com/cards/Curragh_Sun_29th_Sep_2013_4_15.html

Moyes out

United are in big trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Johner wrote: »
    United are in big trouble.

The real united are in serious trouble as well :(

This is some game such a goal hahaha

Cork full back getting the Sarah Tobias on a pinball machine treatment here

Ger Canning just pronounced match as "mitch". I can't ****ing stand him

Alex Ferguson left big shoes for Moyes to fill. You'd have to say their about 5 sizes too big for his feet.

The owners won't tolerate too many more bad results. Today was shocking.

• Advertisement

People defending Moyes like ''Ferguson didn't win a league for x years after he took over'', but United were hardly multiple champions when he took over

I think I've posted here before that over the last few seasons Liverpool have actually looked a decent side if you analyse stats on possession, shots etc. they just don't convert it to results

Man U in some cases are the opposite. Also think Kevin Pullein wrote in the RP that they spend, on average, far less time in front during their games than the top teams in other European leagues. Any decent sized punter I've spoke to this season actually had them ranked 3rd in the league, not an insignificant distance behind both Man City & Chelsea

Some game of hurley ball, not a huge fan but those two All Ireland Finals are as good as any sport you will see.

Johner wrote: »
    Some game of hurley ball, not a huge fan but those two All Ireland Finals are as good as any sport you will see.

Not a GAA fan either. But no sport can hold a candle to hurling for skill. It's an incredible game to watch (if you can see the ball!!)

One of the best hurling games I've seen in a long time, quality entertainment

Hard to argue Clare weren't deserving winners as I think I'm correct in saying Cork were only in front once over the two games

1/2 Geoffrey Chaucer 5/1 Oklahoma City a little off the projected

Liverpool pretty strong on Betfair. Pinnacle seem to be ahead of the curve, they were way shorter than the machine yesterday & today

Not sure how to call it, Sunderland are awful

Suarez will be chomping at the bit

Does anyone here like WINNERS

• Advertisement

Suarez will be chomping at the bit

Scores twice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Dubai government jet seized by police at Stansted full of equine drugs.Is Zarooni having his payback.If so can see him having a car accident very soon.

sting60 wrote: »
    Dubai government jet seized by police at Stansted full of equine drugs.Is Zarooni having his payback.If so can see him having a car accident very soon.

Any link sting

Started watching Dexter, some show

Any link sting
    Journo friend told me.BHA and police tried to keep it quite but im sure it will be in the papers tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hah that's laughable. I was all set to lump it at 9/10 in the morning, when a mate distracted me with a double whiskey at 10 o clock. About 25 pints and an NFL match later and geoffrey was completely forgotten about.

He's a good'un though. Get on early for the RP trophy

• Advertisement

Fancy Seánie at Roscommon finally gets his trip and ground

Fancy Seánie at Roscommon finally gets his trip and ground
    No chance im afraid Urban from his draw.Hes got rhythm is the better.

Just heard Patsy Byrne has died what a great man.He spent millions supporting Irish trainers flat/nh and the coursing field.

Backed Newcastle -1 on the Asians. Went out for a walk at half time & didn't bother to watch the 2nd half. Just saw it finished 3-2. They (i.e. me & one of the lads) don't call Asian handicaps the crack cocaine of football gambling for nothing!

A push after being 3-0 down is almost as good as a win

How can the Racing Post not even make reference to the drug seizure once? Unless I missed it and can't see it on their site??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement