Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I'm having issues when trying to pair 2 x HRMs to my 310XT. Basically nothing's happening.
    (I've tried taking out the battery and replacing it but still nothing)

Any ideas?

EDIT: I actually got both HRMs working this evening, so happy days!
    Especially as Garmin gave me the second one to replace the initial one and told me to keep both!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Hi,

I cannot upload my history off my watch. I think I broke the ANT USB as it does not show up on computer now. Have tried another laptop and not picking it up either. I did bend the connection on it. Picks up watch but just sits there with transferring data sign... nothing is transferring though and same on watch...transferring date sign but no movemnt on the status bar

Wondering how you can find a new one and how much do they cost ?

Thanks

tomred1N wrote: »
    Hi,

I cannot upload my history off my watch. I think I broke the ANT USB as it does not show up on computer now. Have tried another laptop and not picking it up either. I did bend the connection on it. Picks up watch but just sits there with transferring data sign... nothing is transferring though and same on watch...transferring date sign but no movemnt on the status bar

Thanks

It might be worth doing a Hard Reset on the watch first (But be advised you will lose your training runs).
    Have you tried uploading them to Training Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I see in Garmin activities that you can assign PR's but it only gives options ie. 1k,1m,5k,10k,HM,M and longest run. Can you personalise ? Cheers in advance.
    Nope.

Hi,

Thanks
    So when you run the ANT agent, the ANT icon has a red line through it? Have you tried bending it back? (worked for me at one point!). Failing that, perhaps create a new thread on Gear & Equipment (this forum) to see if anyone has any spares they'd like to sell. I bought a cheap one on eBay a few years back. Failing that, you can get a replacement on Amazon.co.uk for around €30, or a neater Suunto model (that you are less as likely to break) for a bit more than that.

• Advertisement

So when you run the ANT agent, the ANT icon has a red line through it? Have you tried bending it back? (worked for me at one point!). Failing that, perhaps create a new thread on Gear & Equipment (this forum) to see if anyone has any spares they'd like to sell. I bought a cheap one on eBay a few years back. Failing that, you can get a replacement on Amazon.co.uk for around €30, or a neater Suunto model (that you are less as likely to break) for a bit more than that.

Ant agent is not red. It is moving like for normal transfer but nothing is transferring. Have bent the thing back and fort a bit. Wonder why it won't install on another laptop ? The software is on the USB stick right ?

Ant agent is not red. It is moving like for normal transfer but nothing is transferring. Have bent the thing back and fort a bit. Wonder why it won't install on another laptop ? The software is on the USB stick right ?
    In that case don't bend it backwards and forwards!. Chances are that it's working fine. As belcarra suggested, you may need to do a watch reset, or you may have a corrupt activity. No, the software is not contained on the USB stick (it's not a memory stick); you need to install Garmin's ANT agent software in order to get the USB stick to work on another laptop.

What kind of watch is it? You may have to delete some of your existing workouts, if there's a corrupt workout preventing the upload from continuing.

In that case don't bend it backwards and forwards!. Chances are that it's working fine. As belcarra suggested, you may need to do a watch reset, or you may have a corrupt activity. No, the software is not contained on the USB stick (it's not a memory stick); you need to install Garmin's ANT agent software in order to get the USB stick to work on another laptop.

What kind of watch is it? You may have to delete some of your existing workouts, if there's a corrupt workout preventing the upload from continuing.

thanks I stopped bending it ! working on other laptop now. laptop was the problem but i thought the software was on the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

My Garmin 305 recorded a 19.5km run on Saturday, but no map data was uploaded. It had zero history in it beforehand ...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/369903828

Any ideas? I hope it's not on its way out.

My Garmin 305 recorded a 19.5km run on Saturday, but no map data was uploaded. It had zero history in it beforehand ...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/369903828

Any ideas? I hope it's not on its way out.
    Odd. Looks like memory might be full (even though your history is empty). Is there a way to look at the memory capacity/free memory? Looks more like a bug as it still seems to have recorded your total distance/time/pace/splits.

Soft reset?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

For the past 4/5 days I haven't been able to connect to Garmin Connect. I keep getting a message saying the site is down for maintenance (Error 500) Is this right or is the problem with my computer.

GC has been working fine for me apart from a few hours on Monday (or possibly it was Tuesday) night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

anyone know anywhere in Dublin that sells the Polar heart rate monitor straps as separate to the unit itself?

Argos sell the full product but I just need to replace the strap

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9142079/Trail/searchtext%3EPOLAR.htm

would like it for Athlone on Sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭pointer28

I'd say Amphibian King or Wheelworx would be your best bet. Give them a call first just to save yourself a trip.

Otherwise, try trizone.ie in Athlone, literally a couple of hundred yards from the race start and they had a stand at race reg last year. I'm sure if you rang them you could pick it up at race reg.

pointer28 wrote: »
    I'd say Amphibian King or Wheelworx would be your best bet. Give them a call first just to save yourself a trip.

Otherwise, try trizone.ie in Athlone, literally a couple of hundred yards from the race start and they had a stand at race reg last year. I'm sure if you rang them you could pick it up at race reg.

thanks a mill for that. I rang Trizone there, he'll hold one for me and even give me a small discount if I leave in my 2 faulty existing traps as he can get a small rebate on them sending them back. lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,400 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Mrs RFR has a Garmin 110, that I have the autolap set to 1 mile and tones are turned on. Any reason why its not beeping at the end of every mile or does it simply not have the functionality?

I've mine set to km and it beeps ever km and holds the display so you can check stats

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Oh firmware update for the 910xt to 3.0 - I wonder what it brings?

Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.00:
    Added support for Vector power sensor.
    Added prompt to calibrate when an ANT+ power sensor connects.
    Significant improvements made to stroke type identification accuracy in pool swim.
    Significant improvements made to length count accuracy in pool swim.
    Fixed smart recording.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Oh firmware update for the 910xt to 3.0 - I wonder what it brings?
    Upgraded this morning and did first run. No problems so far!

Upgraded this morning and did first run. No problems so far!

Didn't notice any difference myself, except did grab a signal pretty quickly, but that's a sample size of 1 for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Anyone got a spare or second hand garmin charger suitable for a 405cx? Happy to purchase. My one is kaput.

finisklin wrote: »
    Anyone got a spare or second hand garmin charger suitable for a 405cx? Happy to purchase. My one is kaput.

Just so you know, it's the same charger for the 405, 405cx, 410, 310, and 910, so you can widen the search a little.

Guys,

At the worst time possible as DCM approaches my 610 is giving me trouble. It is restarting itself midway through workouts, losing signal, giving erratic mile splits. (For instance I am just in from an 11 mile run, (a course I've done before) the watch is showing 7.55 miles completed and is only giving me splits for the first 3 miles. (the upload to Garrmin connect is http://connect.garmin.com/activity/380825690)

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before? I've done a hard reset after the issue first occured at the weekend hopeing this would fix the issue but to no avail. I'm very OCD about my mile splits / HR etc so this is really bugging me.

Would appreciate the help (i've sent off an email to Garmin support also)

Hi statts, if you've already done a hard reset and are running the latest firmware (may be an idea to reapply the firmware) then there's nothing you can do but send it back to Garmin.

thought as much Krusty, no worries, I'll update the thread for information purposes if and when the issue gets resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Anyone got a Garmin 310xt or similar for sale? Have the heart rate monitor already from an Edge 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Hi folks

I have a forerunner 405CX and use an ANT Agent USB dongle to transfer data to my laptop. I have only recently started using the forerunner again after a period of 1 year. Today I tried transfer data, but the Ant Agent failed after numerous attempts.

It appears that all software is up to date.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Many thanks

PGL wrote: »
    Hi folks

I have a forerunner 405CX and use an ANT Agent USB dongle to transfer data to my laptop. I have only recently started using the forerunner again after a period of 1 year. Today I tried transfer data, but the Ant Agent failed after numerous attempts.t

It appears that all software is up to date.

Anyone know what might be wrong?

Many thanks
    How did it fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Bought a Garmin FR210 only a few weeks ago (brand new) and its been acting up alot lately....

Most the time I connect it to the computer it comes up as "not recognised" and I have to keep trying until it finally does.

Connected it today and the screen just went blank and had to hard reset it to get it working again....so have lost all data from it now!:mad:

And its connected as we speak (unrecognised) and the battery symbol is up but not moving, as it should when charging.

Have installed the latest drivers, its an absolute pain in the ar$e to be honest, the last thing i need is to send it back to Garmin as I doubt it'll be back before DCM!

Any ideas??:confused:

EDIT: Seems to be working right now after another reset......so angry Ive lost my data though!

• Advertisement

rob w wrote: »
    EDIT: Seems to be working right now after another reset......so angry Ive lost my data though!
    Bring it back to where you bought it from and demand a replacement or a refund. If you bought it online, I'd bring a backup stopwatch to the marathon and a pace band.

Advertisement