Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking Bad Episode 15: Granite State

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Not sure what I make of the whole Grey Matter thing. On one hand I think it'd be a bit convoluted at this point to bring it in, but on the other the whole thing was never really resolved (why Walt left etc), and it doesn't make sense to bring it up and have it go nowhere either.

The Grey Matter scene was an echo of the scene where Hank is praising Gale as a genius and Walt, overcome by his own ego, needles him, insisting that the real genius is still at large. The idea of the scene isn't to imply that Walt is going after Grey Matter; it's to show that, despite his world collapsing, he's still an ego-driven lunatic who will get back in the game as soon as he feels like someone has undermined him. He had given up. His son hated him and was ashamed of him. He had nothing left worth keeping his freedom for. Then someone said "Walter White is dirt" and the flip switched back the other way...

I'm assuming the music being played over the interview and realisation (the theme tune) is a way of saying he's now really 'Breaking Bad'. As if he hadn't been up to this point, and he's finally going over the edge?

Love the show, but kinda get the feeling like the next episode (the finale) is going to feel a little bit like a rush job. Which is saddening considering how long and drawn out the story has been so far.

They really took the time to develop the characters and story, it just feels like they're now under pressure to wrap it up in 45 minutes. An additional episode/week would be a good idea, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

bellinter wrote: »
    Still fully behind Heisenberg strutting off into the sunset with Flynn's principal.

Speaking of which, is she the same teacher Walt tried to pull the moves on after Skyler told him she was shagging Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Love the show, but kinda get the feeling like the next episode (the finale) is going to feel a little bit like a rush job. Which is saddening considering how long and drawn out the story has been so far.

They really took the time to develop the characters and story, it just feels like they're now under pressure to wrap it up in 45 minutes. An additional episode/week would be a good idea, in my opinion.

Personally, I feel as if the true finale was really last week in a sense. Hank's death, Walt Jr. discovering the awful truth and Skyler's final banishment of her husband, Jesse being effectively sold into servitude to the Manson family etc. All Walter's chickens finally came home to roost.

This week's episode felt like the epilogue to the last chapter in a splendid book. Next week, we get final closure on the Breaking Bad story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it. Watching that episode was like my reward for sitting through the Dexter finale.

I was all prepared to watch Walter start to repent for what he'd done and try make amends somehow, but he's still there on the phone trying to justify himself to his son. He still doesn't get it, and it's fantastic. Then the scene with Elliott and Gretchen, and we see that he's still ruled by his ego. Yes, it was slightly contrived to have them on television the exact moment he's watching for the first time in months, but I've had bigger coincidences happen in my own life so I'll let it go.

Todd and the others in Holly's room was terrifying.

Oh, and Todd giving Jesse ice cream was weirdly hilarious. It's like he's keeping Jesse as a pet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

:eek: If Jesse gets killed by that lot ..... I will be VERY annoyed - NO ONE could have so much bad luck!

Just finished watching - sorry if all said before ...... My thoughts - after calming down - were that all characters (bar Jesse) are seeking redemption - Walt does still love his family, wedding ring, phoning Flynn etc., Skylar won't "dob" him in, his old business partners feeling guilt IMO and I think Junior/Flynn is worried about his Dad's health that's why he said those things too - but apart from the hurt he still cares:(

BUT SERIOUSLY - SONOT FAIR ON JESSE ........:mad::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

So many comments.

With regards to whether they'll bother with Grey Matter in the final episode or whether it's just a catalyst - in many ways, Grey Matter is the reason Walt became Heisenberg. After watching that episode I wouldn't be surprised if the final scene concerns it. The Nazis are scum but they're really just blow-ins. Grey Matter is at the heart of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

ElizaT33 wrote: »

BUT SERIOUSLY - SONOT FAIR ON JESSE ........:mad::eek:

At the end of the day, jesse is a meth producer (willingly most of the time), and never stopped Walt after any of the murders, and his meth has presumably helped destroy thousands of lives. If he was in the papers in real life there'd be no sympathy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I reckon walt is going to:

a) Try and get back his cash from the Nazi's
    b) Invest Said Money in Gray Matter for Skylar

Seeing as the Share Price on Greymatter Skyrocketed due to his recent meth dealings it would be a way to "be involved" with something he created (or take them down), get the money to his family and feel it was all worthwhile in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Am I the only one who wan't mad about it? I think I'll need a re watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Find it odd that no-one thought jessie would take out the nazis. He has literally nothing left. I reckon there's going to be a big boom that takes out Jessie, jack and todd.

Exactly, who's to say that Jesse isn't the one to do a Scarface? He's lost everything. I can see a bloodbath going down.

If Jesse escapes, he's going to want white hot revenge against Walt now. I can see a confrontation between WW's real and virtual sons, and it ain't gonna be pretty :(

was.deevey wrote: »
    I reckon walt is going to:

a) Try and get back his cash from the Nazi's
    b) Invest Said Money in Gray Matter for Skylar

Seeing as the Share Price on Greymatter Skyrocketed due to his recent meth dealings it would be a way to "be involved" with something he created (or take them down), get the money to his family and feel it was all worthwhile in the end.

i think the shares took a dive rather than skyrocketing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It was a fairly weak episode overall, especially when compared to the last few weeks.

Shout Dust wrote: »
    At the end of the day, jesse is a meth producer (willingly most of the time), and never stopped Walt after any of the murders, and his meth has presumably helped destroy thousands of lives. If he was in the papers in real life there'd be no sympathy :)

Did you have to take me back to REAL LIFE so soon .....??:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I wasn't either, but i guess it was always going to be a 'letdown' after the last two episodes. But the final scene had me on the edge of my seat, with the anticipation for next week's episode at an all time high.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Another cracking episode.

I absolutely hate when posters come on here saying it was a filler/set up/slow episode just because it didn't contain a gunfight or train heist.

This show is about so much more than action.

Finally meeting the vacuum man.
    Saul appearing to leave after advising Walt to give himself up.
    Terrifying Todd in the house with Skyler.
    The scenes of Walt in the cabin were intriguing, sad and depressing and showed how he has lost everything. Money, health, family and freedom.
    Him paying for company and the conversation about giving money to his family if he died.
    The phone call between the two Walts. Great scene, great rebuff by Jnr and showing Walt at his worst as he seems think his money will solve everything.
    One of the most chilling killings on any show ever.
    Todd's creepy liking of Lydia.
    The bar scene with Walt.

I really don't know what more people could want.
    It was a fantastic exploration of Walt's character and showing how far things had gone.
    Next week though is going to be big one.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Another cracking episode.

I absolutely hate when posters come on here saying it was a filler/set up/slow episode just because it didn't contain a gunfight or train heist.

This show is about so much more than action.

Finally meeting the vacuum man.
    Saul appearing to leave after advising Walt to give himself up.
    Terrifying Todd in the house with Skyler.
    The scenes of Walt in the cabin were intriguing, sad and depressing and showed how he has lost everything. Money, health, family and freedom.
    Him paying for company and the conversation about giving money to his family if he died.
    The phone call between the two Walts. Great scene, great rebuff by Jnr and showing Walt at his worst as he seems think his money will solve everything.
    One of the most chilling killings on any show ever.
    Todd's creepy liking of Lydia.
    The bar scene with Walt.

I really don't know what more people could want.
    It was a fantastic exploration of Walt's character and showing how far things had gone.
    Next week though is going to be big on

Todd's creepy liking of Lydia made my skin crawl - UGGGHHH!!! But worse though she put up with it ......!

Thought Vacuum man was great character - reminded me of Mr. Walton ..!:)

Hazys wrote: »
    I wasn't either, but i guess it was always going to be a 'letdown' after the last two episodes. But the final scene had me on the edge of my seat, with the anticipation for next week's episode at an all time high.

i don't think it was a letdown at all, thougth it was fantastic episode. Sauls gone, Walts in hiding and now going on the rampage with several possible targets, Jesse was punished and his girl killed, Gray matter is reintroduced, we met Sauls disappearence guy and we see the main characters at their lowest ebb

Some episodes sow things, some reap them. Both can be good but they're very different.

Last week, there was a crap load of reaping. This week was a lot more sowing.

Looking forward to some serious reapage next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Magnetics

I'm hoping for an absolute blood bath next week, as sick as that sounds!

Then the last scene should be Walt, the only survivor, suddenly working out the cure for cancer as he chokes to death on a fly in a meth lab

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Walter is back to taking his whiskey neat, he was having it on the rocks like Mike after he killed him.

Hank drank his neat...

(Oops, should have read the rest of the thread first :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

So, here's something hasn't been mentioned yet. Brock will kidnapped by the Nazis. There is no way Jesse is making things go boom boom if Brock is there. Walt will take out Nazis. Brock will get his hands on a gun and point it at Walt. A teary-eyed Jesse will get next year's Emmy for his three-minute talking Brock out of pulling the trigger. This will lead Walt to assume that Jesse still feels a bit of love and respect for him. Next scene is Walt, Jesse, Brock, Skyler, and Flynn.The ricin will be involved in some kind of slight-of-hand trickery (this time, by Jesse). Not sure how it ends though. Just, please Mr Gilligan (Mr Gilligan, please): give me a scene where Jesse kills the hell out of Todd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It's setting up for the grand finally, after last weeks crazy episode it would be hard keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nazi's to meet their death by WW and his M60. Walter then pops his risin and dies.

Jesse to stay a bitch yo.

A few mentioning Jesse having a happy ending with Brock. How do you see that happening exactly? Are social services gonna let some junkie meth producer wanted by most of the south west to adopt him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can anybody estimate how long Walter was in hiding for?

6 months but i ain't sure

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

Lydia's answer to everything --- Kill everybody. I hope Todd and Lydia get shot together.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

And not to sound like a broken record, but: if Lydia never mentioned the lack of blue colour to Walt, then Walt has no way of knowing that note-taking, star pupil Todd cannot replicate the colour (low percentage yield or no). Therefore, the Schwartz TV appearance would not lead him to think Jesse was back alive and well and cooking in Nazi-camp. So, Walt has no reason to think Jesse is alive. He will spot something in the paper about Andrea, though, and then he will know. He may also realise that Jesse is going through Hell and, well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

The only way Walt will take the ricin is if it's part of a bigger plan in which he has to die a couple of days after something else happening - like if he sets himself up to be captured by somebody, having already taken it. He's not going to use it as a suicide method when he has access to guns, a car, tall buildings or any number of chemicals - ricin is too horrible a way to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Nazi's to meet their death by WW and his M60. Walter then pops his risin and dies.

Jesse to stay a bitch yo.

People need to stop saying this. Suicide by ricin is not going to happen. Why would he not just shoot himself?

Advertisement