Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft IDEA: Garda ERU vs Scum!

Options
  • 21-09-2013 9:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there,

In my past I have experienced some strange things happening to me on the street, so in the future I want to be prepared.

Idea:
    Teams: Garda ERU & Scum.

Garda ERU:
    Dress in proper gear, any general weapon.

Scum:
    Dress in 'whatever', weapons = knives

Gameplay:
    The idea is, the Garda ERU have to take out the scum and protect the person the scum captured. If the scum get you with their knife then your dead. The Garda ERU use as much firing power as they want towards the scum until they are in enough pain (or any other types,depends on what the people what).

In general it would require a good motivated player base, a good setting , clothing , items , etc.

What's your opinion on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Youre not going to get many volunteers to be the scum anyway lol. I doubt anyone is going to go up against an AEG with just a knife and get shot at until they are in too much pain either.

Even without the pain thing, it would be a short unfair game unless the scum have weapons that stand a chance against the ERU team. That and you may just get a load of people that are all dressed up in ERU gear to turn up on the day :D.

Generally, bad guys versus good guys games are a balls anyway as not many will want to be the bad guys unless theres a change around at half time. With the 2 teams dressed like you described, the second half switch wouldnt be very realistic unless everyone changed clothes ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Lol, that has to be one the most ridiculous ideas I've heard to date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jayod30 wrote: »

As ridiculous as an army of undead zombies waltzing around the place??, still though I agree makes zero sence. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ARWRanger

Okay, I appreciate your opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

As the rules stand; it's an incredibly one-sided set-up at face value. The non-AEG toting team would want to be able to use an awful lot of cover & concealed movement and/or cover of darkness to balance things out. Or, you have a third faction who are armed, and the "scum" team are a sort of piggy-in-the-middle team that are there to harass both teams in specific ways.

Playing an unarmed opponent in airsoft can be both painful AND a lot of fun. Having played both a werewolf & a zombie/failed-experiment-thingy it's great watching grown men piss themselves and run away ... But it has to be balanced to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

might have a better chance if the scum could have some of the weapons that are legal to the public like pistols and shotties

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

jayod30 wrote: »

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement