Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSP - Bluetooth Watch Development System €37.50 Delivered [Texas Instruments]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

i have the exact same issue since i flashed it to 3.1 firmware. 9 hour charge and only 65% battery is showing.

Reflashed 3.1 and it's charging away now. Are you getting the little 'lightening bolt' charging symbol? I wasn't before, but am now, after a reflash.

The source for 3.1 is on github, so might be worth a browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

gerryk wrote: »

The source for 3.1 is on github, so might be worth a browse.

I must get myself some time to have a goo. There is a definite problem with widget functionality, they all seem to be moving in treacle, especially any that use the top/bottom buttons. I reckon if you get a dev environment set up it should be clear what is causing that.

There are hints of some lovely functionality that just isn't working. For example if you check the option for "automatically start actions during phone call" (or something like that), you get a 3 option action menu which allows you hang up or turn on/off the speakerphone during a call. Unfortunately its so slow as to be unuseable (like you could press a button and wait *minutes* for the action to change) and also it appears to stay on until you back out of it, which is a pain as it can take several minutes to navigate to the back out option. The actions do work though, as I inadvertently left my phone playing music out of the headset earpiece (!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I know there is a mac option, but has anyone flashed the phone successfully through linux?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭niallb

I know there is a mac option, but has anyone flashed the phone successfully through linux?
    Not yet, but my status has just gone to "Shipped".
    Did anyone else notice on their order that when payment is taken
    TI describe it as status "Captured" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

niallb wrote: »
    Not yet, but my status has just gone to "Shipped".
    Did anyone else notice on their order that when payment is taken
    TI describe it as status "Captured" :)

Just saw that now, mine is shipped also, but no DHL tracking no.

• Advertisement

for the life of me i cannot figure out why my gmail notification doesn't work. everything else (including unread gmail widget) is working fine. anyone able to post working settings? im using noah's metawatch manager

for the life of me i cannot figure out why my gmail notification doesn't work. everything else (including unread gmail widget) is working fine. anyone able to post working settings? im using noah's metawatch manager

Use 'other apps' notification instead.

i have the exact same issue since i flashed it to 3.1 firmware. 9 hour charge and only 65% battery is showing.

Just to confirm I am not seeing this issue. Charged last night (for the first time since Sunday) and it took maybe an hour and a half to fully recharge. S's mentioned previously the battery symbol had a lightening flaah in it while charging.

Use 'other apps' notification instead.

that doesnt exist for me under noah's metawatfh manager. i have:
    preferences- other (no apps in this directory)

preferences - notifications - gmail (tick tox to enable)

where exactly is 'other apps'

Ok... when you go to 'Notifications' untick the Gmail box. Then scroll down until you find Other App Notifications. Click that, and you will get a list of all the apps on the phone. Untick all the ones you don't want and you're good to go.

• Advertisement

Ok... when you go to 'Notifications' untick the Gmail box. Then scroll down until you find Other App Notifications. Click that, and you will get a list of all the apps on the phone. Untick all the ones you don't want and you're good to go.

And note that these Other App notifications wouldn't work until you allow MetaWatch as an accessability app in android Settings->Accessibility.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    And note that these Other App notifications wouldn't work until you allow MetaWatch as an accessability app in android Settings->Accessibility.

Good point... forgot to mention that.

best explanation yet. thank you

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got a refund. And get to Keep the broken watch. Can't complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got a refund. And get to Keep the broken watch. Can't complain!

What email address did you send the complaint to? I sent one on Monday and haven't heard anything yet

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bidiots wrote: »
    Try this email: epic@ti.com

I contacted the support on the main page and had to fill out a 'proof of identity' form which was a bit of a pain but it must have worked. They contacted me on the email above so maybe its the easiest way

This is the email I used.

Only sent it yesterday and had a call today. Good support...provided you get the right email address it would seem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Only sent it yesterday and had a call today. Good support...provided you get the right email address it would seem!

Cheers, missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Support was good to be fair but the 2-3 week wait for the refund will scare me until I see the money:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Still no sign of mine. Nearly 2 weeks since I've ordered. Rechecked the address and no mistakes there.

I sent off an email and filled out some online complaint form. Hope to get a response soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

i opened my watch to do a few jobs (properly align the hour hand, clean the inner glass and remove a fingerprint). and i took pics to make an instructable for you, but in the process of finding out how to remove the crown pin i found this...

http://sensorseverywhere.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/metawatch-platform-warranty-voided/

hes done a far better job than i could.

words of warning "all very delicate", "warranty voided" "only do if you dont mind binning the watch" "i'm not responsible"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

bgrizzley wrote: »

This bit at the end:
    Here are the two OLED screens, flipped up.
    Finally, the watch is safely back together and working icon_smile.gif?m=1129645325g for now

Reminds me of this -
    funny-how-to-draw-a-horse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭NTC

I just got an email that mine has shipped.

The excitement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Still no sign of mine. Nearly 2 weeks since I've ordered. Rechecked the address and no mistakes there.

I sent off an email and filled out some online complaint form. Hope to get a response soon.

TI called and gave me the tracking number. Going up to the airport to collect it from DHL now.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i opened my watch to do a few jobs (properly align the hour hand, clean the inner glass and remove a fingerprint). and i took pics to make an instructable for you, but in the process of finding out how to remove the crown pin i found this...

http://sensorseverywhere.wordpress.com/2011/10/04/metawatch-platform-warranty-voided/

words of warning "all very delicate", "warranty voided" "only do if you dont mind binning the watch" "i'm not responsible"

Definitely doing this so! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Mine just arrived, I'ts a big watch, fair bit of heft to it. I'll put aside a couple of hours later to go through the thread and do what has to be done.
    Does it charge off the PC or could I use my phone charger (galaxy note 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^^^^
    I charged mine off my note 2 charger for about 4 or 5 hours before I started fiddling with it.
    Haven't had to charge it since, and its bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Just received my pizza box today, have managed to upload the latest firmware..

For some reason I cannot pair it with either an iPhone 5 or Htc Desire HD, I know it stated somewhere that it was not suitable for iOS but someone else mentioned that it was....

Any advice? Am I overlooking something simple?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

Anyone get an email from them

"In order to empower your design we would like to recommend the HD3SS2521, the industry's first DockPort interface solution, delivering display, USB data and power on one cable. There is no better way to know if this product fits your needs than to try it out. Click here to order your free sample today!"

I've no idea what free items I just ordered off them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Got the e-mail.. and thought it was junk, and deleted it!

Thanks for the heads-up.. went back into my junk and ordered it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

What is it? I've ordered 4 items and I've no idea what they are. I love this company :)

Advertisement