Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,007 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont like betting on Ligue 1 games but I would like to hear Las opinons on the psg game tonight. I presume the home team will most likely have 11 men behind the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Just on Ligue 1, i see Marseille are 17/10 away from home to beat bottom of the table Toulouse.

That seems very generous, am i missing something that i should know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Radonman wrote: »
    Looking towards the weekend a bet i like is Tottenham v Norwich under 2.5 @ 5/4 - Tottenham are deff not banging them in atm and with Soldado playing for Spain midweek in South America that should affect him. Norwich have played 3 so far with results being 1-0, 1-0, and 2-2 at home to Everton, Tottenham as most gamblers will have noticed are firing blanks from open play ( all 3 of their games have finished 1-0) and with Lennon still injured and so many new players bedding in i believe unders is a great bet here plus gonna add in Tottenham to win to nil @ 6/4 Ladbrooks

Just to point out the Chile v Spain game was played in Geneva

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

I like Villa this weekend they will have to much for Newcastle

and @ 2.15

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Actually,
    Think this was originally scheduled as an away game earlier in the week

Hence the drop

Correct

• Advertisement

ugh I dont have the patience to wait for las

psg match

Psg over 5.5 corners @ 11/10

All of PSG games so far have been over 5 corners for psg and I reckon the home team will be quite defensive too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Just to point out the Chile v Spain game was played in Geneva

Sorry about that folks, I had read otherwise too late for me though so here's hoping he continues to fire blanks from open play ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Looking at doing a treble this evening, anyone want to poke holes in it for me before I put it down? :p

Brage - Falkenbergs (Swedish Superettan)
    Falkenbergs are the second best away team in the league, they were top of the table before Orebro won last night. They're playing Brage who are bottom of the table and are yet to win a home match. They've only managed to get 7 points from 22 games, they really are rock bottom. A win for Falkenbergs puts them back on top.

Galatasaray - Antalyaspor (Turkey SuperLiga)
    Home form is always a factor in Turkey. We all know Galatasaray are strong at home but Antalyaspor are also quite weak away. Both teams have made a stuttering start to the season and I expect Galatasaray to rectify that tonight.

Karpaty - Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine Premier League)
    The gulf in class in Ukraine is quite large and with Shakhtar drawing with Metalist last time and losing to Dnipro the week before I can't see them lying down against Karpaty. Karpaty, while they were a good side a few years ago have just about scraped Premier League status for the last two years running. Can't see anything else than a win for Shakhtar.

The treble is 2.62 on Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Schism wrote: »
    Looking at doing a treble this evening, anyone want to poke holes in it for me before I put it down? :p

Falkenbergs are the second best away team in the league, they were top of the table before Orebro won last night. They're playing Brage who are bottom of the table and are yet to win a home match. They've only managed to get 7 points from 22 games, they really are rock bottom. A win for Falkenbergs puts them back on top.

Home form is always a factor in Turkey. We all know Galatasaray are strong at home but Antalyaspor are also quite weak away. Both teams have made a stuttering start to the season and I expect Galatasaray to rectify that tonight.

The gulf in class in Ukraine is quite large and with Shakhtar drawing with Metalist last time and losing to Dnipro the week before I can't see them lying down against Karpaty. Karpaty, while they were a good side a few years ago have just about scraped Premier League status for the last two years running. Can't see anything else than a win for Shakhtar.

Looks very solid to me on paper anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Already Falkenberg marked as a game too look out for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Bit early but was just going over the CL games next week

Barca to score over 3,5 @2,37 against Ajax...... Have to take that.
    Damn.. went down to 2.25 while i was typing.
    Still have to take that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Headshot wrote: »

psg match

All of PSG games so far have been over 5 corners for psg and I reckon the home team will be quite defensive too

Good things come to them who wait!..but i`m with you on this:D

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Metz are evens at home to a very weak nimes in the french ligue 2
    They are priced at evens on bet 365 and thats pretty damn good value for a much stronger opponant

Wow,

follow up to that,

Mets, Tours and Angers are all playing softer opposition (bottom table) at home tonight and a treble is priced at 11.6/1 right now.

Im not great on the french league but the stats really appeal.

Looks too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Toobz wrote: »
    Wow,

follow up to that,

Mets, Tours and Angers are all playing softer opposition (bottom table) at home tonight and a treble is priced at 11.6/1 right now.

Im not great on the french league but the stats really appeal.

Looks too good to be true!
    Dunno where youre getting the odds from, it pays 6.89/1 on 365, and Metz look opposable to me, the other two might be the two more fancied but its a tricky one.

Dunno where youre getting the odds from, it pays 6.89/1 on 365, and Metz look opposable to me, the other two might be the two more fancied but its a tricky one.

Odds must be shortening,
    Took it at 11/1 hopefully metz do the biz!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Ibra to score anytime tonight must be a good shout?

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Ibra to score anytime tonight must be a good shout?

He is due a couple of goals hasnt had a good start to the season. I like Cavani more if I am being honest!

Going to follow you on Shakhtar and Galatasaray and am going to throw in PSG as well to bring up the odds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Headshot wrote: »

psg match

I don't think Bordeaux will park the bus, but then again it all depends on PSG, if the players are in a good day, Bordeaux will never have the ball and will have to defend... but they're hardly ever in a good day :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't think Bordeaux will park the bus, but then again it all depends on PSG, if the players are in a good day, Bordeaux will never have the ball and will have to defend... but they're hardly ever in a good day :pac:

PSG have looked a little better in the last 2 games though Las dont you think?

He is due a couple of goals hasnt had a good start to the season. I like Cavani more if I am being honest!

I'd wait for the line ups, Cavani is doubtful for tonight.

PSG have looked a little better in the last 2 games though Las dont you think?

Idk, they couldn't score for 89 min at home vs a crappy promoted team... when they played vs Barcelona last season, they did play to their potential, but they almost never play that way in Ligue 1 for some reason.

Idk, they couldn't score for 89 min at home vs a crappy promoted team... when they played vs Barcelona last season, they did play to their potential, but they almost never play that way in Ligue 1 for some reason.

I agree with you 100% they never play as well in Ligue 1 but they seem to still grind out results.I think Cavani is a big addition and will score alot of goals, is he doubtful tonight after the internationals?

line ups for the PSG game: http://www.lfp.fr/ligue1/feuille_match/77542?live=1

Cavani on the bench, PSG look really weak with 3 defensive midfielders and only one dangerous midfielder - Lucas.

Bordeaux with a pretty attacking line up

ugh wish I waited for the linesups

Blanc will be gone in no time if he keeps this up

line ups for the PSG game: http://www.lfp.fr/ligue1/feuille_match/77542?live=1

Cavani on the bench, PSG look really weak with 3 defensive midfielders and only one dangerous midfielder - Lucas.

Bordeaux with a pretty attacking line up

Would that line up effect the corner bet las? (psg over 5.5 corners) Or should it still be ok? Have you any thought on Angers winning tonight? Sorry for all the questions but you are maestro. :cool:

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Would that line up effect the corner bet las? (psg over 5.5 corners) Or should it still be ok? Have you any thought on Angers winning tonight? Sorry for all the questions but you are maestro. :cool:

Well I'm not sure how they're going to create danger with that line up... hope it comes in for you, wouldn't be overly confident though.

The Ligue 2 is really hard to predict, any team can beat any team...stats don't really mean much in that league, the only team that's above the rest this season is Lens.

Well I'm not sure how they're going to create danger with that line up... hope it comes in for you, wouldn't be overly confident though.

The Ligue 2 is really hard to predict, any team can beat any team...stats don't really mean much in that league, the only team that's above the rest this season is Lens.

Cheers Las. Didn't do the corner bet but i am not Angers and Ibra anytime.

• Advertisement

small bet on Bordeaux double chance @ 1.87

and the rest of my bankroll on Bordeaux +1.5 @ 1.26 !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement