Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back pack

Options
  • 09-09-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi , I am looking for a small back pack suitable to wear while skiing - small and inexpensive, any recommendations?

thanks

Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Anything with a waist and chest strap to keep it stable will be find as dependent on what you are carrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Dakine helipack.. (may not be cheap!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Dakine helipack.. (may not be cheap!)

They are not cheap or small Dakine packs start at 11-15 litres.

Use a Heli pro myself when I don't need an ABS, greatest pack on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Recently got a deuter race exp air. Although also not too cheap, depending on how much use you'll get from it.

I'll be using it for mountain biking and hiking so wont just be for 2 or so weeks a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Vodka Junkie

If you're looking for small and cheap then I'd suggest a Tog 24 8L backpack. I got one before my last trip for under €40 in Kildare Village and it did the job grand. just enough room to store my goggles & hat in when I'm not wearing them and a few other bits and pieces. Light enough too to bring jogging in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Decathlon have skiing backpacks - you can strap your skis, or your kids skis to the back for schlepping around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

Here's mine. 12 liter Dakine Heli pack. Holds shovel in the back flap & skis lock in easy for climbing to off-piste. And, room inside for enough food & water for the day.

Not cheap but very good. Got mine on sale with EVO in the US for $60 & shipped to Ireland using Anpost's AddressPal service.

Link in the EU:

snowcountry.eu/dakine-heli-pack-12l-38387.html

Advertisement