Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accommodation thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

same, nobody in the appartment...my roommate is supposed to be on our course apparently and has checked in but havent seen them all day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HelenaRose

katieg19 wrote: »
    same, nobody in the appartment...my roommate is supposed to be on our course apparently and has checked in but havent seen them all day lol

Have you been into the town much yet? I've been in all day just unpacking haha the town is so confusing to get around at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

yeah, went around this afternoon. bit familiar with tralee as i spend a good bit around kerry. but its all good! we can meet up tomorrow during orientation and have a wander around the shops etc! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Moving in tomorrow evening. I think it's going to be a bit weird at first meeting the people I'll be living with as I don't know them but apart from that I'm looking forward to it all.

Lena137 wrote: »
    Moving in tomorrow evening. I think it's going to be a bit weird at first meeting the people I'll be living with as I don't know them but apart from that I'm looking forward to it all.

where are you moving to? :)

• Advertisement

SiunJK Hey I've moved into apartment 8, and you said you were moving in today? If you want to meet up for a while we can! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SiunJK

HelenaRose wrote: »
    SiunJK Hey I've moved into apartment 8, and you said you were moving in today? If you want to meet up for a while we can! :)

Hello! Yes, I'm here now in 10! Did you say there's nobody in your house yet? You can come over here if you like, all of my room mates are here already! :)

SiunJK wrote: »
    Hello! Yes, I'm here now in 10! Did you say there's nobody in your house yet? You can come over here if you like, all of my room mates are here already! :)

Yes still nobody here haha! Ahh that's be great do you mind? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

We're here waiting for the rest of our housemates to arrive in Kerry Lee, It's awful quiet :P

We're here waiting for the rest of our housemates to arrive in Kerry Lee, It's awful quiet :P

How's Kerry lee? Is it as bad as everyone says it is? :P Yeah Oakfield Court is really quiet too!

• Advertisement

HelenaRose wrote: »
    How's Kerry lee? Is it as bad as everyone says it is? :P Yeah Oakfield Court is really quiet too!

Kerry Lee is grand! Theres a new manager this year who seems nice! I suppose it's quiet everywhere haha

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

I'd no internet all week. I'm in Tennis Village. The first of my housemates moved in yesterday so I'd a few days on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amy Clarke

Hi I'm going into social care in September and am looking for accomadation too, but don't fancy student accomadation. Would you be interested in private house sharing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irishgirl245

Hey i'm doing hotel management this coming september in Tralee IT... Just wondering in your opinion which student accommodation would be better to stay in Kings Court, Kerry lee or oakfield court?

Kerry Lee's furniture has a habit of falling apart. I'd say Oakfield would be the best, it has a shop across the road and a subway, butchers and off license below it. It's not too expensive either!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 taraniluanaigh

Looking for two or so people to house share with, not in a student complex!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irishgirl245

Looking for two or so people to house share with, not in a student complex!

How much would it be monthly also where abouts in the town??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 taraniluanaigh

How much would it be monthly also where abouts in the town??

There are many houses available, couldnt commit to a lease on my own so dont mind really. I would prefer not to pay over 65 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

There are many houses available, couldnt commit to a lease on my own so dont mind really. I would prefer not to pay over 65 per week.

You still looking for people to share with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Hey i'm doing hotel management this coming september in Tralee IT... Just wondering in your opinion which student accommodation would be better to stay in Kings Court, Kerry lee or oakfield court?

possibly a bit late for this, but said I'd throw my opinion in!

Hotel Management is on the North Campus of the college - Kerry Lee is roughly an 8 minute walk from the college, Oakfield Court is about a 20 minute walk, and Kings Court is about a 35 minute walk. I stayed in Kings Court myself last year and I really liked it there, it's by far the biggest of the student accommodation in Tralee and there's always something going on there.

The only real issue was the distance - if you drive/cycle it's not a problem. There is a bus that runs to and from the college, but it only runs 3 times a day to college. It runs every hour from the college back to kings, but the last bus is at 10 past 6 so if you need to stay late in college it can be problematic. The bus also stops at Oakfield Court going to and from college if you want to take it.

I can only comment on Kerry Lee and Oakfield from visiting friends there but I'd personally recommend Oakfield - I'll be living there myself this year! It's right above a subway and a carry out and a 2 minute walk from a spar and apache pizza. Kerry Lee is a roughly 10 minute walk from the spar and that's the closest shop. With Kingscourt, you're a minute away from Manor West shopping centre and McDonalds (and there's a foodcourt a 5 minute walk away with Burger King and Subway in it also.

TL;DR, I'd recommend Oakfield - close to shops, not far from town or the college, also close to Sean Mhuileann, Kerry Lee and Coisceim (other student accomodation places).

Whichever one you go for, welcome to IT Tralee! Feel free to message me if you've got any questions (not related to your course, I'm doing TV Radio myself so I won't be able to tell you much about Hotel Management!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dezzie

Student accommodation available in Tralee. Mature student looking for another student to share 3 bed in An Sean Mhuileann.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Sorry for dragging up a old thread, but I'm moving down to Tralee this September and am looking for a room to rent, I would prefer in a house share, as I'm hoping to avoid the student complex ha, my lectures will be in the north campus so hopefully I could find somewhere nearby, I was just wondering could anyone tell me where would be the best place to get contact details for landlords renting rooms to students? Also if you have contact numbers of landlords it would be great if someone could send them on in PM.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dezzie

Hi there, if you email the students union, or give them a buzz they will mail you a list of accommodation available, also keep an eye on house share tralee on daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

dezzie wrote: »
    Hi there, if you email the students union, or give them a buzz they will mail you a list of accommodation available, also keep an eye on house share tralee on daft.

Thank, yeah il email them in the morning so:), had a look on daft a few times, most of the places are near the south campus but hopefully more will coma along soon

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

Gonna resurrect this from the dead. Heading to Tralee this year for college. Where's best for a 25 year old going back?

Advertisement