Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get photos printed?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I need to print my photos for my college photography portfolio and for selling also. I will be needing large prints of at least A4 size. I've tried snapfish but I don't like the quality of the larger prints. Any suggestions as to where I can professional quality prints?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

AudRH wrote: »
    I need to print my photos for my college photography portfolio and for selling also. I will be needing large prints of at least A4 size. I've tried snapfish but I don't like the quality of the larger prints. Any suggestions as to where I can professional quality prints?[/quote
    Just enquired about this myself at the club tonight and one of the recommendations I got is a place called gms.ie , I'm told they do high quality stuff .

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

AudRH wrote: »
    I need to print my photos for my college photography portfolio and for selling also. I will be needing large prints of at least A4 size. I've tried snapfish but I don't like the quality of the larger prints. Any suggestions as to where I can professional quality prints?

Here you are>>>>http://www.360-dpi.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭intolerant

There are several quality places in Dublin;

GMS, Photolabs (Lennox St), FIRE Synge St, 360dpi, Inspirational arts!

People will have had good and bad experiences with all of them im sure but you will find your place!\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

intolerant wrote: »
    There are several quality places in Dublin;

GMS, Photolabs (Lennox St), FIRE Synge St, 360dpi, Inspirational arts!

People will have had good and bad experiences with all of them im sure but you will find your place!\

really

what bad experiences?

stcstc wrote: »
    really

what bad experiences?

Perhaps I phrased that incorrectly! Certain photographers will gravitate towards the printer they are most happy and confident with, I personally use one of the above (Fire) but each to their own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

Ok but I think it unfair on any of those places (which includes my company) that if you haven't used them that you don't know what there quality of work is like

All of them mentioned produce fantastic work

It depends on what kind of work as to which is the most suitable

I have qualified my comment already!

I have used a number of the above, excluding yours (which came highly recommended from a former tutor).

Advertisement