Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMDG 777-200LRX/FX release

Options
  • 30-08-2013 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Great news:
    PMDG are releasing their 777 addon of fsx this weekend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

PMDG 777 BASE PACKAGE for Flight Simulator X.
    DOWNLOAD DELIVERY ONLY!.
    INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED TO INSTALL.

Digitally delivered products are not refundable!
    More details...
    Price: $165,000,000.00

A touch on the expensive side. It'd better come with a real 777 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭keroseneboy

A touch on the expensive side. It'd better come with a real 777 ;)

Yeah, I agree that $165 Milion is steep for a T7 that only flies in FSX. You are not licenced to fly it in Lockheed Martin Prepar3D because Precision Manuals Inc. do not want their product to be used in a professional capacity.

However, the price is due to drop significantly this weekend(e.g. Remove 6 zeros). At that point I will buy it. I might be naughty and use Flightsim Estonia's addon to install it to my Prepar3D(P3D) development environment.

FSX is old 32 bit software limited to 1.5 cores and 4 Gb of memory. P3D is 100% compatible with FSX while allowing for multicores and >3.5 RAM.

Yeah, I agree that $165 Milion is steep for a T7 that only flies in FSX. You are not licenced to fly it in Lockheed Martin Prepar3D because Precision Manuals Inc. do not want their product to be used in a professional capacity.

However, the price is due to drop significantly this weekend(e.g. Remove 6 zeros). At that point I will buy it. I might be naughty and use Flightsim Estonia's addon to install it to my Prepar3D(P3D) development environment.

FSX is old 32 bit software limited to 1.5 cores and 4 Gb of memory. P3D is 100% compatible with FSX while allowing for multicores and >3.5 RAM.

€100? It'll be pirated 3 seconds after release.

€100? It'll be pirated 3 seconds after release.

I've got a feeling that PDMG is ahead of the game in protecting itself against all but the most dedicated pirates.

I am told they did a good job with protecting their last addon, the PMDG 737-7/8/900NGX whereby attempting to install pirated liveries resulted in the would-be pirates' FSX environment getting corrupted.

Speaking for myself only, a has-been software developer, I believe that €100 euro will be money well spent given the pleasure this latest and greatest add-on will give me. I have great expectations of this product.

I am told they did a good job with protecting their last addon, the PMDG 737-7/8/900NGX whereby attempting to install pirated liveries resulted in the would-be pirates' FSX environment getting corrupted.

That was easily gotten around. €100 for software aimed at hobbyists is nuts. Windows 8 is cheaper than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

That was easily gotten around. €100 for software aimed at hobbyists is nuts. Windows 8 is cheaper than that.

But alot will pay it - look at the PMDG 737NGX - that was €70+ on release - for the 700/800. If you wanted the others you had to pay more again.

Thankfully I stuck with FS9 and my next upgrade will be to X-Plane so I need not worry.

But alot will pay it - look at the PMDG 737NGX - that was €70+ on release - for the 700/800. If you wanted the others you had to pay more again.

Thankfully I stuck with FS9 and my next upgrade will be to X-Plane so I need not worry.

I am finding it hard to adapt to X-Plane 10. I suppose I need lessons.

I am finding it hard to adapt to X-Plane 10. I suppose I need lessons.

It is different alright - the aircraft handle much better - you just need to unlearn yourself any bad FS habits

Yeah, I paid for my PMDG 737 and never looked back. For what a night in the pub and some fast food would cost, I get to fly a realistic simulation of 737-800NG(for several hundred hours and counting).

The PMDG 737 is by far the best add-on for FSX bar none. A niche product needs to be priced so the developers can invest even better products such as the 777 promises to be.
    I am a hobbyist and -ex commercial software developer. I recognise the value of what PMDG do and am willing to pay 100 euro for PMDG's masterpiece.

But Windows 8 is ****.... PMDG 777 is going to be stellar:)

• Advertisement

It is different alright - the aircraft handle much better - you just need to unlearn yourself any bad FS habits\]

Yes, the flight model is supposed to be superior.

Do you know if X-Plane 10 works properly on a 17" Macbook Pro i5 2.53 GHz with 4Gb RAM?

I read about a 777 addon for X-Plane in a recent PC Pilot magasine. It looks really great.

Yes, the flight model is supposed to be superior.

Do you know if X-Plane 10 works properly on a 17" Macbook Pro i5 2.53 GHz with 4Gb RAM?

I read about a 777 addon for X-Plane in a recent PC Pilot magazine. It looks really great.

No idea to be honest. I only dabble at the moment as I need to update my hardware to do it justice.

As for the 777 addon - I've heard its good, and alot of FS developers are starting to work with it as well so the amount of good quality addons will only increase.

Precision Manuals Development Group Inc. have yet again wow-ed their customers with amazing release.

They are charging $89.99 for the most realistic model for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 every produced. I think it is a small price to own a masterpiece of simulated aircraft.

Precision Manuals Development Group Inc. have yet again wow-ed their customers with amazing release.

They are charging $89.99 for the most realistic model for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 every produced. I think it is a small price to own a masterpiece of simulated aircraft.

About €70 which isn't as bad as feared. I presume they will not be charging as much for the 300 and 300ER when they are released.

About €70 which isn't as bad as feared. I presume they will not be charging as much for the 300 and 300ER when they are released.

€70 is acceptable alright. I've gone off the ultrarealistic stuff as I don't really have the time to get into the systems. All I really do is simulate emergencies and try to land with as many things wrong as possible.

Indeed, if the relaase structure of the PMDG 737 6/7/8/9NGX is eanything to go by, the main core release (i.e. the recently released 777-200-LR ) will be by far the most expensive part. The 777-300 and -300ER should xost no more than half th base pack price of $89.99.

I bought the basepack last night. It runs very smoothly on my computer.

Advertisement