Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

n1ck wrote: »
    I already reported all this guys ads and commented on it but the admin deleted it but fair play to Chewythefirst, whoever you are!

http://www.adverts.ie/games/medal-of-honor-pc-game-steam-key/3622799

I hate scumbags like that trying to profit.

no prob man, i hate people trying to make a profit off the back of charity's. the guy started pming me after he withdrew the adds and asked me if i was happy so pmed him back saying hell yea i am happy, you are the scum of the earth trying to make a quick buck from companys helping out charity's and instead of telling everyone you know about the deal to raise even more money you try rip others off for your gain.

also the adverst admin that posted on the add condoning him doing this and the one that removed my post pmed me and i will be posting a screen shot of what he said.

I have also started a reddit topic about this add and i will post the link to that and everyone that agrees that this user and adverts where in the wrong letting this add go live please hit a thumbs up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1kyus4/advertsie_condoning_a_user_taking_advantage_of_a/

vbulletinscam_zpsf3788c19.pngscam_zpsf3788c19.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

^^ You would get a better response to that in www.reddit.com/r/games id imagine, as /r/gaming is full of childish memes and pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Tinie wrote: »
    ^^ You would get a better response to that in www.reddit.com/r/games id imagine, as /r/gaming is full of childish memes and pictures.

cheers thanks man i have started a new on on that link that tinie suggested

this link has already got 14 up votes and 9 down and one user has commented on it saying that he agrees with the guy for selling the games for a profit!!!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1l4xcj/advertsie_condoning_a_user_taking_advantage_of_a/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Pretty sure that same guy that had the ad up posted up about something I had for sale then bottled it.. possibly my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thing is, as wrong as it is, there's nothing illegal about it as far as i can see. He purchased the keys, and he can do what he wants with them. Yeah, it's a terribly shítty thing to do, but not illegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Thing is, as wrong as it is, there's nothing illegal about it as far as i can see. He purchased the keys, and he can do what he wants with them. Yeah, it's a terribly shítty thing to do, but not illegal.

It says on the humble bundle page
    All keys are for your personal use only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

It also says on the adverts rules that there is to be no profiteering.

simon360 wrote: »
    It says on the humble bundle page

Still doesn't make it illegal. If I want I can buy a hundred keys and sell them on. What the guy did was a dick move but he's entitled to sell the keys on. For all we know he paid 100 euro Goethe bundle. It's unlikely but still a possibility. I don't see the pointing starting a
    campaign or taking to other sites in order to make a mountain out of a molehill. If you have that much free time on your hands then get a hobby or play some games. Life is far too short to get worked up over some guy trying to make a quick buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Of course lads, it doesn't just have to be the blow ins and beggars you ignore.

This thread is starting to remind me a lot of the film 'Freaks'.

• Advertisement

Why is that Darko?

Why is that Darko?

Because of the way that some of the posters have turned this thread and the Gaming Freebies one into little more than a bitch fest where they single out anyone they don't see as one of their own for abuse. It's true the thread has attracted a number of scabs but the manner in which posters here have dealt with them isn't on. People are bring nasty and abusive for the sake of it. Boards is a community and it's one of the most welcoming communities online but in recent weeks this thread has seen people attack new posters. For all anyone knows, these new posters asking for games could be 11 year old kids. There is absolutely no need for it. If you can't deal with these new posters in a civil manner then are you really all that much better than some key scab looking for a freebie.

As for the reddit campaign, well that's a step too far and while guy on adverts was being a Dick is that really a reason to publicly highlight his profile as lets be honest there's a good chance that someone may see that post and decide to take it to another level. We've had numerous incidents of small isolated incidents being blown out of proportion on the Internet with horrible results.

Just to add this post is about both this thread and the gaming freebies one. It's a little hard to tell one from the other in recent weeks as many of the posts are so similiar.

If you genuinely feel posters are being abusive, might be best to just report it/them and let the mods deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Bully Scholarship Edition is only €3.74 on the XBL marketplace as part of the deal of the week. Is it worth picking up? Then again I suppose at that price you can't really go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

wexdevil wrote: »
    Bully Scholarship Edition is only €3.74 on the XBL marketplace as part of the deal of the week. Is it worth picking up? Then again I suppose at that price you can't really go wrong

Yes, a million times yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

wexdevil wrote: »

The remaining microsoft points I had turned into €3.83(ish) yesterday. Looks like it's fate.

The remaining microsoft points I had turned into €3.83(ish) yesterday. Looks like it's fate.

give me those points or I'll smash yer face in!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mine came to €4.80, but when I go to buy it it says I've no valid payment options on file :( Do you have to have a card on file to pay with your balance?

Edit: I was able to buy through the Xbox rather than the website.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Bioshock Infinite for €20 on GMG - sale price here and then apply the 20% off voucher they have for a grand total of €20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Ni No Kuni is €20 on PSN at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Football Manager 2014 is less than €19 here http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1323-football-manager-2014

Football Manager 2014 is less than €19 here http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1323-football-manager-2014

Rumours that it might be region locked with the recent addition of portuguese so best to hold off till its confirmed.

Paradox collection ~€17.37

includes

Crusader Kings II
    Starvoid
    Victoria II
    Hearts of Iron III Collection
    A Game of Dwarves
    Impire
    Leviathan: Warships
    The Showdown Effect
    Dungeonland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Skerries wrote: »

Nothing massively stand-out for me there.

New humble weekly today, its a Paradox bundle, and is apparently going to include:

Warlock Master of the Arcane
    War of the Roses
    Magicka
    The Showdown Effect
    Dungeonland
    The Humble Paradox Bundle Has Begun!

You’ve been demanding it for months, but we were too modest to make it happen… until now! The Humble Paradox Bundle will go live today, 8 p.m. CEST (11 a.m. PDT), and you can make a donation to your choice of worthy charities while picking up a bundle of Paradox favorites!

Of course, some of our fans aren’t very humble at all, and they’ll want to make a bigger donation. Which is why, if you donate more than $125, you get The Big Kahuna package… a copy of EVERY SINGLE PARADOX GAME on Steam (not including Europa Universalis IV or DLC packages)!

Let the humility commence! Find out all the details and pick up your bundle at https://www.humblebundle.com

X-Com Enemy Unknown and DLC ~€7.54 Steam Redeemable

Mass Effect Trilogy ~€11.34 origin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Nothing massively stand-out for me there.

Bit disappointing.. Suppose its only day one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Tinie wrote: »
    New humble weekly today, its a Paradox bundle

Little bit harsh that the $125 spend won't get you Europa Universalis IV, particularly since you'd have to buy the DLC anyway. I may have considered it if it did...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement