Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latex in forum posts

• 22-08-2011 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if the query belongs here or in the Maths forum, but here goes anyway!

How do you put LateX output (i.e. the typeset equations) into a boards post? Is the equation created externally and then pasted in?

Many thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Hi,

It's ok, I figured it out!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It might have been an idea to share the answer with the forum. :)

If anyone else is wondering, simples: wrap the LaTeX code in [latex] tags.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Ah ha, I didn't even realise that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

I know it's often frowned upon to bring up age old threads, but I'll do it anyway, since I just discovered the LaTeX functionality on Boards yesterday. I was very surprised, however, to see that when I typed + in an equation it was ignored. Have other people experienced this? E.g. this equation is supposed to be y = ax + b, but as you can see the + is missing: [latex]y = ax + b[/latex].

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭TheBody

sigmundv wrote: »
    I know it's often frowned upon to bring up age old threads, but I'll do it anyway, since I just discovered the LaTeX functionality on Boards yesterday. I was very surprised, however, to see that when I typed + in an equation it was ignored. Have other people experienced this? E.g. this equation is supposed to be y = ax + b, but as you can see the + is missing: [latex]y = ax + b[/latex].

The + sign is there. What somethimes happens is that the signs disappear if you edit a post. To get around that problem, click on "go advanced" when you are editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

TheBody wrote: »
    The + sign is there. What somethimes happens is that the signs disappear if you edit a post. To get around that problem, click on "go advanced" when you are editing.
    Haha, now I see it! Thank you for the tip anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭TheBody

sigmundv wrote: »
    Haha, now I see it! Thank you for the tip anyway!

No probs.

Advertisement