Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims 4

• 09-05-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

So EA / Maxis haven't revealed much, but The Sims 4 is on the way and will be playable without an always-online connection. However, it seems like it will be possible to connect to other players. Game promises to be more personalisable and Sims are to be more expressive (particularly in their eyes it would seem).

Sims 4 Announcement

Sims 4 Q&A

Will be interesting to see the base level game that's put out (i.e. do we get expansions that were previously released as part of the main game). Hopefully a couple of the niggly issues will be sorted out too.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 User2611

Did they say when it'll be released? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

User2611 wrote: »
    Did they say when it'll be released? :O

Unfortunately not. Just "2014", but hoping that we'll see something at E3 at least.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

They will just bring out the exact same expansions out as in previous versions... too much of a cash cow now without fixing the bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I don't see any appeal in getting 4 tbh, still getting enjoyment out of 3 and all the expansions as it is.

Also, I bet they'll make it Origin exclusive too...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I don't see any appeal in getting 4 tbh, still getting enjoyment out of 3 and all the expansions as it is.

Guess we will have to wait and see what the game has to offer. Seems to be a lot excitement building up surrounding the release of further details as it is. Hopefully E3 will tell us more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I like the idea that we may be able to join other players..that could be fun or an disaster XD..still a whole year away )=..too cruel announcing it now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I actually can't wait!!! :D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gamescom, August 21st. Make a note, we'll see trailers and more by then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Be interesting to see what features they'll have put in it

It's over a year away though..

EA to unveil Sims 4 at Gamescom. Stream: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/59693/ea-gamescom-press-conference (has started)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭xgwishyx

Can. Not. Wait. Really looking forward to this, if the jump in gameplay from Sims 2 to Sims 3 is anything to go by we're in for a real treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

They didn't really show gameplay. It was in-game footage, but there was no UI and it was just showing the consequences of actions taken, kind of like movie. You'll know what I mean (and badly described) when you see the clip. The graphics don't look hugely different to 3, but they seem to have done a hell of a lot of tinkering under the hood. The Create-A-Sim gives you a lot more factors to play with, even letting you decide how they walk. The building editor looks a lot better, allowing you to pull walls, rather than have to delete and rebuild, which will be handy.

They made a point of going on about how they changed how the personalities deal with emotions, but didn't go into too much detail.

Here's their official trailer which shows the same footage from Gamescon

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/20/the-sims-4-will-explore-the-gamut-of-human-emotions/

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Hugely disappointed by the graphics. They look pretty much the same as the sims 3 in the trailer. The create-a-sim and house builder seem to be much improved though.

Hopefully there will be some better things revealed this year that will convince me to buy this game, as at the moment I'm definitely not sold.

They look worse than Sims 3, they look like Sims Free play and graphics look cartoony and as for the teeth :eek: They look like robots :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I don't have a problem with the graphics. They look slightly better, looks to be a modified engine from TS3. Everything else looks bang on imo. I also don't agree with the robot stuff. From what I could see they looked a LOT more fluid than the clunkly actions in TS3.

Overall I think it's looking good. Was expecting more if I'm being honest with myself.

I hate the way that they appear to talk, very unnatural, the graphics look on a par with sims2 and I have to say that I am very disappointed so far :(

Vahevala wrote: »
    I hate the way that they appear to talk, very unnatural, the graphics look on a par with sims2 and I have to say that I am very disappointed so far :(

Do you mean sims 3? In fairness, they don't need to make the graphics super realistic. It is, after all, a cartoon-like game. What's been shown so far is very little, and it probably won't be until they show proper gameplay that we'll see where the main differences are. It'll be things like minor animations that weren't there before and proper interaction with objects as opposed to reaching out and it suddenly being in their hand etc.

All we really know is that the creation tools are re-vamped (which is good), and the emotions are apparently deeper and more controllable. It'll be months before we get to the fun stuff.

humanji wrote: »
    Do you mean sims 3? In fairness, they don't need to make the graphics super realistic. It is, after all, a cartoon-like game. What's been shown so far is very little, and it probably won't be until they show proper gameplay that we'll see where the main differences are. It'll be things like minor animations that weren't there before and proper interaction with objects as opposed to reaching out and it suddenly being in their hand etc.

All we really know is that the creation tools are re-vamped (which is good), and the emotions are apparently deeper and more controllable. It'll be months before we get to the fun stuff.

For me I love the graphics of The Sims3 and so far, the graphics have gone backwards, not forwards.

No the graphics remind me of Sims2 and nothing like Sims3, What I loved about Sims 3 was the layout of the town, the way the houses looked and the look about the sims make it cartoon like for me, a step backwards so far for me and as for the teeth :eek:

Unless something drastically changes, I will stick with Sims3.

For me I love the graphics of The Sims3 and so
    far, the graphics have gone backwards, not forwards.

No the graphics remind me of Sims2 and nothing like Sims3, What I loved about Sims 3 was the layout of the town, the way the houses looked and the look about the sims make it cartoon like for me, a step backwards so far for me and as for the teeth :eek:

Can't agree with that at all. It may not be a huge leap from 3, but it's nothing as basic as 2 was in comparison to 3.
    Unless something drastically changes, I will stick with Sims3.
    In fairness, considering there's going to be a rake of expansion packs, it's probably best to wait for a collection to come out and give them all a go together.

• Advertisement

You honestly don't see a problem with this picture??

2CfC8Wb.jpg

It's not in-game graphics and it's showing that the Sims is a "zany" games series. You got those types of posters for each game at each games event.

All I can hope for is a radical improvement... :(

Have faith. :)

But on the plus side, when 4 is released, it'll mean all expansion packs for 3 will be discounted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭xgwishyx

humanji wrote: »
    Have faith. :)

But on the plus side, when 4 is released, it'll mean all expansion packs for 3 will be discounted. :D
    You know, I remember when 3 came out I told myself I'd wait a few months to get it with an expansion pack or two, as I was still mad about Sims 2 and saw no reason to get the new one...... I lasted 2 weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Origin has a 'Pre-Order' page set-up already, but no date. However, at 70 Euro, I won't be rushing to get it! :eek:

Origin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Alicat wrote: »
    Origin has a 'Pre-Order' page set-up already, but no date. However, at 70 Euro, I won't be rushing to get it! :eek:

Origin

SEVENTY EURO?!?!??!?!?
    I would want to be controlling my Sim with my mind for that price!!!

That's the deluxe edition. Although the standard edition is still €60. But Origin would be the most expensive place to buy it. It'll be (slghtly) cheaper elsewhere.

Was reading the preview in Edge and there are some interesting features.

Sims can now multitask (within reason), so you can exercise and watch TV (thus boosting multiple needs) or tell jokes while eating (no word on if Sims will choke on food as a result).

Emotions are not a good-bad. Even negative emotions (anger / rage) can unlock useful actions - you can run angry and therefore exercise harder. Anyone can paint, but if someone paints while depressed it will come through in their work, influence Sims around and could be a higher quality than a regular painting.

And perhaps most importantly, Sims can now pass each other on the stairs and in doorways!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Was reading the preview in Edge and there are some interesting features.

Sims can now multitask (within reason), so you can exercise and watch TV (thus boosting multiple needs) or tell jokes while eating (no word on if Sims will choke on food as a result).

Emotions are not a good-bad. Even negative emotions (anger / rage) can unlock useful actions - you can run angry and therefore exercise harder. Anyone can paint, but if someone paints while depressed it will come through in their work, influence Sims around and could be a higher quality than a regular painting.

And perhaps most importantly, Sims can now pass each other on the stairs and in doorways!

Missed out on that last one. Definitely a long time coming. Don't remember seeing it in the trailer though, was this mentioned by EA at gamescon?

Advertisement