Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new airsoft shop

Options
  • 17-08-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Do you think portlaosie needs a airsoft store
    please leave comments as I am currently looking into starting up a new store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hey flanker,
    There are a number of us that operate out of the middle of the country and a proper store so close would be a welcome sight. I'm only in Portarlington myself like.

Have you looked into whether it would be viable or not to make this work?

Have you thought it all through? Like the ability to service the guns, have a ball of money at the beginning to have a stock of guns and all the ancillaries that would be expected of any store?

You know all that kind of stuff.

Rent of a premises if you don't have one, all the legal account keeping kind of stuff. Finding suppliers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭7flanker7

YbFocus wrote: »
    Hey flanker,
    There are a number of us that operate out of the middle of the country and a proper store so close would be a welcome sight. I'm only in Portarlington myself like.

Have you looked into whether it would be viable or not to make this work?

Have you thought it all through? Like the ability to service the guns, have a ball of money at the beginning to have a stock of guns and all the ancillaries that would be expected of any store?

You know all that kind of stuff.

Rent of a premises if you don't have one, all the legal account keeping kind of stuff. Finding suppliers etc.

Cash flow is not a problem. ..
    I am currently doing a feasibility study.
    in relation to a premises I am currently looking at two of them....I am currently just having problems find a distributors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Well I hope it all works out for you man, but I know nothing of distributors etc :o
    I for one would like a proper shop that close to me as opposed to Dublin, so that all those little parts I need don't need to be posted and cost me an arm to get!

Here's hoping for you man!

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭estfront

7flanker7 wrote: »
    Do you think portlaosie needs a airsoft store
    please leave comments as I am currently looking into starting up a new store.
    7flanker7 wrote: »
    Cash flow is not a problem. ..
    I am currently doing a feasibility study.
    in relation to a premises I am currently looking at two of them....I am currently just having problems find a distributors.

Probably Too many shops as it is for such a small market, more than a few have come and gone over the years, many of the guys who I still know. Mostly airsofters who thought it would be great to make their hobby their job and got a tough lesson in business. Its the business men that are still trading. we'd all in the area like a shop in portlaoise, I'd visit, its just down the road, if the stuff is quality, the shop is well stocked and cheap I'd buy. But from a business point of view I don't think the market is there for another shop so close to Dublin. Hobbyairsoft would be 45mins up the road. Richie has the sole cybergun distribution contract so they wont deal with you and MIA has the ASG so you'll have to deal with them or deal straight from china and from hearing personally from people that have tried it before that's no easy task. Orders of 100's required etc requiring large capital, then the downgrade issue and customs (covered before).
    So I hope you do open a shop in portlaoise have a large and varied stock and sell stuff at a reasonable price but you better have a better business plan than the others (from wexford, wicklow 2 in Carlow, 2 in Dublin and one in the west, galway I think and that's just the ones I know of) and offer something special to keep yourself in business and remember airsofters (of which I am one) there being a good few in the midlands Go to the shops for a look around and a CHAT!! They own 1 or 2 AEGs which they'll already have and buy accessories cheaper than you can sell them for from china. You make your money from plinkers one time buyers Ask any shop!! So make sure your shop is not hidden away in some dark Industrial estate. hope this gives you some insight and good luck with your business

Advertisement