Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet with full office and stylus.

Options
  • 15-08-2013 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

Hi there folks.

In the past couple of day I got a subscription to Office Pro Plus 2013 installed on to my relatively new Lenovo and its looking like a fantastic bit of software.

I'm particularly impressed with OneNote and as I'm going in to my final year of college I reckon a tablet that is capable of running a full version of MS office and supports a decent digital pen would be a excellent piece of kit.

So to tick all these boxes what are my options? The MS surface pro is an obvious runner but are there any others? Also I think that a new model MS surface Pro is being release on the market soon, would it be advisable to wait for it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Implosiony

I'm eyeing the Asus Vivotab tf810c. It's has a slightly larger screen than the Surface Pro, includes a dockable keyboard which extends the battery and has a digitized screen for pen use. Runs on an atom processor though, unlike the Surface Pro, which means longer battery life at the expense of power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

What sort of money is that Asus and where are you thinking of buying it?

The Surface pro (included a special discount for students is) ~€800, very pricey.
    I've only recently bought a thinkpad E350 which has a i3 3110 chip and thats more than enough computing power for my needs.

If that Asus has enough power to run Win8/Office 2013 it would meet my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Implosiony

It's around 650 on amazon with the keyboard.

The asus vivotab smart 400c is another atom processor windows 8 tablet, and it's only 400euro, but it has no pen support and no keyboard included.

Maybe look into the Hp envy x2 which I think supports pens.

Advertisement