Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Almost as $200k now :P

10 minutes later it's almost 300k :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

MadYaker wrote: »
    Was gonna post the link but I see it already here! I finally have BF3!

We can have an official bf3 night over the weekend if you don't have the game you will be banned off the gaming section of boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's like Origin's 'Redeem a code' service is being DDoS'ed right now, well it must feel like it to them because I can't even get it to load! lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Are EA in trouble?

This bundle is a fkn insane.

Seems like THQ all over again...

plus why the hell are they giving steam keys when Origin needs the attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I wonder what games (presuming they add more?) will pop up later? I would presume Dead Space 2 and maybe BF3/more Sims addons?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

welkin wrote: »
    Are EA in trouble?

I highly doubt it :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I wonder what games (presuming they add more?) will pop up later? I would presume Dead Space 2 and maybe BF3/more Sims addons?

Im guessing dead space 2 and crysis 1/mass effect one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

welkin wrote: »
    Are EA in trouble?

This bundle is a fkn insane.

Seems like THQ all over again...

plus why the hell are they giving steam keys when Origin needs the attention?

Was reading this on Reddit, they benefit from it in a few ways:

1. Extra (good) PR for the fact that all proceeds go to Chartiy/Humble Bundle.
    2. Extra traffic/usage/revenue from adverts from Origin.
    3. DLC purchases from BF3 and Sims 3.
    4. Apparently they can claim tax breaks/benefits on the games sold in the bundle for the full retail price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,360 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

4. Apparently they can claim tax breaks/benefits on the games sold in the bundle for the full retail price.

then that's genius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Combined with giving away BF3 with PS Plus recently it's a great way to raise interest in BF4 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Well I guess it caused me to open an Origin account for dead Space 3.

(I had no intention of opening an Origin account otherwise)

Still seems strange they gave out Steam codes for most of the games as well though.

anyone else getting alpha invites to the new C&C game after buying the C&C collection lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,924 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Be hard to beat that but the Thief Collection is on Steam for 4.74

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

EA made a good PR move, what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Holy crap that humble bundle is amazing and made even more so by the fact I have none of the games in it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

What a deal :eek: , nice one EA :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

I'm 40 cent short on my card of the Sims 3 which I really want :( *Hint* *nudges* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

First Humble Bundle where I gave way more than I needed to. If EA are trying this hard to be nice, I have to try too.
    simon360 wrote: »
    I'm 40 cent short on my card of the Sims 3 which I really want :( *Hint* *nudges* :pac:

Man that sucks. I got Sims 3 as part of it and I don't even have ANY interest in it.

Not one iota or intention to ever play it.

Welp; hope things work out for you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

PM me your paypal details.

Looking at it, I barely want any of these games, the Sims 3 really being the only one I might play. I actually already own most of them, but I still don't regret chipping in $5 to some very worthy charities and getting a couple of keys that I can probably give away down the line. Hopefully they chuck in Dead Space 2 anyway at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

PM me your paypal details.

You don't have to man, thanks anyway gonna top up my card tomorrow for future games!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Anyone else having trouble with Origin? Trying to install and I just get the spinny loading animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with Origin? Trying to install and I just get the spinny loading animation.

Yup for hours. I just gave up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I managed to get the Confirm product page to show up when activating BF3. Have I definitely got it? After I hit the next button (and I hit it a few times because it was taking forever) it said the code was already used. It's not showing up in my games library which could be down to Origin getting hammered.

Keno 92 wrote: »

Only every time I've used it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

You don't have to man, thanks anyway gonna top up my card tomorrow for future games!

The bundle is up for 14 days if you don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Paid $25 for it.. There was 5 charities so I felt like an asshole only going $1 or $2 each.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Danger781 wrote: »
    Paid $25 for it.. There was 5 charities so I felt like an asshole only going $1 or $2 each.. :P

Yeah exactly my thought process too, and because you paid x5 times the average, and we can assume MOST people are just trying to barely beat it to get their keys, you will have raised the average amount a tiny bit. That might have a knock on effect of making a bunch of people who pay after you have to pay more to get the keys etc etc

Compound charity!

deals for the X-COM games here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Pre-order Football Manager 2014 now and get access to the Beta version around two week before the game releases.

Football Manager 2014 26.99 - 21 hours remaining - Steam Key

https://www.g2play.net/store/Football-Manager-2014-Steam-Key.html

Not sure if ya get beta access with g2play as they send ya the key when the game is released I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement