Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TwitchTv

Options
  • 07-08-2013 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

Does anyone know if Upc are throttling streaming as in upload and download from TwitchTv. I have firepower 120 meg alot of the time i cant watch ppl streaming in 720p and there setting would be around 3000 bit rate which is not high at all. Same when i start recording 720p around 2500/3000 bitrate .. The server upload test runs fine but after a while it get’s framy for ppl watching i lose viewers because of this. Local test recording upto 1080p 30 fps is fine. Tried lower setting for streaming down to 320p 25 fps 1000/1500 bitrate same. Tried lowering the quality setting also in Xsplit to veryfast and so on. Latest drivers/firmware for everything i use xsplit ver 1.2.1303.0101 1.2 tried the bata ver that's even worse. Pc specs Below

AMD FX 8-Core Processor Black Edition 8350 running at 4.5 gig
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/GEN3 R2.0
    CRUCIAL Ballistix 16 Gig
    SAMSUNG120GB SSD 840 SATA III
    Nvidia ASUS gtx 650 Ti boost 2 gig
    AVERMEDIA Live Gamer HD C985
    ROCCAT™ Kone Pure Gaming mouse
    RAZER Lycosa Gaming keyboard
    CREATIVE Sound Blaster Tactic3D Rage Headset
    1080p Monitors x2
    HDD storage over 1TB
    win7 64 bit

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yes, there are problems with twitch over UPC.

If you check out their forum here they're actively engaging people trying to solve it, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I think its something todo with twitch aswell as my android devices have no problem streaming 720p while the pc will refuse to even do 360p sometimes, I do believe they have different servers for the mobile devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

forum on here or there site as i cant find the forum on there site

I think he is talking about UPC's forum

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056969540
    I'm in the process of supplying my details to them right now.

• Advertisement

cool doing so now

guy tested the line all was fine apparently .... not that they have linked my account to a none throttled ip or whatever way they are doing it after you politly complain.

just ran a test on deadpool here it is see what you think

http://www.twitch.tv/darkpagandeath/b/442181026

oh thats 720p 3000 bitrate btw hq audio 96khz

guy tested the line all was fine apparently .... not that they have linked my account to a none throttled ip or whatever way they are doing it after you politly complain.

just ran a test on deadpool here it is see what you think

http://www.twitch.tv/darkpagandeath/b/442181026

oh thats 720p 3000 bitrate btw hq audio 96khz

Did it start working then?

seems so

Advertisement