Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'd say the apple one will cost a fortune!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

It that the new iBrick ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Beatles in their Abbey Road era immortalised in Lego.:):cool:

547299_569203179767833_424352757_n.jpg

I recently built a lego worktop "for the kids" and i have all these pull out drawers on the back of it. Thing is, although the drawers are transparent, it can be hard to see whats in what, especially when the kids don't put back the drawers in the same places.
    Anyway, i'm trying to make up labels for each drawer with little images of what's inside. I tried looking for brick images but there are thousands i will need to get and in a size that will print ok.
    Maybe i'm using the wrong search terms, i dunno!?:confused:
    My photoshop skillz are crap too and i have an awful time dragging images into a blank document and retaining the size. They just shrink to atomic scale when i drag them over. I aint got time fo dat!

Is there a label kit i could get somewhere that would cover most lego bricks?
    Even a list, with pictures of all the bricks lego do would be great. Then i could just learn how to drag pictures into a new document while holding onto their original size.

I must put up a picture of the worktop actually. It's not finished but it's a big improvement over what we used to have!

[IMG]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/<a class=outboundlink data-outboundlink=http://www.boards.ie/out?f=668&url=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnMxMjk2LnBob3RvYnVja2V0LmNvbSUyRnVzZXIlMkZ0aGV0ZWNobmljaWFuMTk3NSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGSU1HXzk3NjVfenBzY2Q3N2EwZGIuanBnLmh0bWw=&h=a76d4 href=http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/thetechnician1975/media/IMG_9765_zpscd77a0db.jpg.html target=_blank >[/img]IMG_9765_zpscd77a0db.jpgRight, here's the workbench. Made up from two "trofast" units from ikea. The top is from ikea too, as are the legs. Screwed both units together and screwed the top down. MDF makes up the sides and back. Light is from ikea also. There's a lame effort at a skidoo in the middle.... brain fried trying to do a million other things.
    The drawers are fairly transparent but if there are only a few parts in a drawer they wont be too visible. Hence the need for labels.
    IMG_9765_zpscd77a0db.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

That set up is awesome, if only I had the space for something like that. At the moment I need to make everything on the sofa which is a killer on my back.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yup, setup is the nerds wet dream. I got 3 empty rooms in the house I live, so i cant complain on lack of space. There is a lack of dedicated funds, kick up the arse, time off work to mover in to bigger room where I could get a special workspace just for lego.
    At the moment I just put together big sets in front of my PC and if I am in the mood for Mocing freestyle I just take my small box in the bed ( huge mattress on the ground :P ) and have fun!

Yup, setup is the nerds wet dream. I got 3 empty rooms in the house I live, so i cant complain on lack of space. There is a lack of dedicated funds, kick up the arse, time off work to mover in to bigger room where I could get a special workspace just for lego.
    At the moment I just put together big sets in front of my PC and if I am in the mood for Mocing freestyle I just take my small box in the bed ( huge mattress on the ground :P ) and have fun!

Inyourendo!!:D

shedweller wrote: »
    Inyourendo!!:D

I always manage to sound dirty, dont I! :o

• Advertisement

And they are gone. Amazon.fr seems to put items up quite often by mistake.

Some serious amount of work, and money, went into this

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/359665

Some serious amount of work, and money, went into this

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/359665
    The builder of that must have ate beans and toast for a long time to afford that build! It is epic!

Does anyone know when the Lego city Coastguard rescue themed sets are out in shops here yet?

I'd like to get the Surfer rescue set mainly for the cool shark but, alas, no sign of these sets yet in Dublin shops as of last week.

ts.20130430T133822.ProdJPG_635x345_60011.jpg

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the Lego city Coastguard rescue themed sets are out in shops here yet?

I'd like to get the Surfer rescue set mainly for the cool shark but, alas, no sign of these sets yet in Dublin shops as of last week.

ts.20130430T133822.ProdJPG_635x345_60011.jpg

Update: got this set today at Banba Toymaster at the corner of Mary and Jervis Street - €6. Worth it for the shark.:D

I guess a few of you sow that Lego Ferrari go for 22eu on adverts.is

I guess you all went like me: you lucky bugger!

I can't wait to pick them up :)

I've been waiting quite a while for the beautiful and modern new Lego Creator Family House to arrive on the market here and now that it has...

cee9e85f7e2b8a524cf955eb978d118b20130608081359.jpg

...I went to lego.com and bought it from them online for €59.99. Smyths now have the set for €74.99 and Argos for €83.99. I got a free hot dog stand with my purchase too (and the all-important VIP points:P).

Lego.com is definitely the way to go if you want this set. It has a cool light brick that lights the interior of the house, furniture (the first big Creator house to have interior furniture) and - gosh darn it - it just looks like the best house Lego have ever designed! :) You get a car and two minifigs. The set splits open by way of a hinge for easy access to the interior and the two alternate builds - a Villa and a factory, are good.

Looking forward to this one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Impressive model, although the video drags on a bit!

I can't wait to pick them up :)

I hate you! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

You have to be so quick on Adverts. Anything even remotely under market value is snapped up immediately. I have email alerts for new ads and sometimes I'm still too late! Thankfully I'm not interested in Technic so can pass on my congratulations to NinjaTruncs with no jealousy :pac:

Picked up the Enzo and 8421 this morning, in awe of the scale of the Enzo it's huge. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the crane was 8421, I thought it was 8053.

I still can't believe how low the prices were, he told me he'd no idea of the prices so just made them up, then asking were they hard to find. I didn't say what they were really worth.

Now to get them home and start the clean up, that's the one thing I hate about second hand lego, the dust on the things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Picked up the Enzo and 8421 this morning, in awe of the scale of the Enzo it's huge. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the crane was 8421, I thought it was 8053.

I still can't believe how low the prices were, he told me he'd no idea of the prices so just made them up, then asking were they hard to find. I didn't say what they were really worth.

Now to get them home and start the clean up, that's the one thing I hate about second hand lego, the dust on the things.

Was helping my parents clean out their attic this week and started salvaging my old lego. Most of it was in disgusting condition, felt horrible to even touch. Wondering about chucking it in the dishwasher. Lot of town stuff (1985 apparently was a good year for me going by brickset) I'll clean and rebuild them and thrown some pics up when I've time.

Surprisingly 8855 survived the best, just the tail had broken off in the box - which is amazing given that it used those old ****ty connector toggle joint (toothed) - those things seemed to fall apart for no reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Put the bricks in those bags designed for washing underwire bras (cotton with a very fine mesh) and shove them in the dishwasher. No printed parts. Should also take out anything really small like antennas.

Yay!! My Creator Family House arrived today. Looking forward to building it now.:):D

c_31012_detail_1_800.jpg

I am building my Town/creator sets now. I had all of them mixed in one box for mocs. Its sort of fun to look for 1 damn part in a huge box lol. :p
    In a new house I got lots of shelves for display now, so why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Anyone know (or will assume) if the Tower of Orthanc will be available in shops and if so which one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

gubbie wrote: »
    Anyone know (or will assume) if the Tower of Orthanc will be available in shops and if so which one?!

Unlikely. It will be exclusive on the Lego Store for a few months, at which point certain outlets like Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us will start carrying it. That said, over the last year or so Smyths has started carrying a small handful of exclusive sets (though years after their initial release) so maybe there is a chance that it will appear at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads just got my 1st Lego set yesterday the Gandalf arrives set and now i want more but the prices on these sets are mental wheres the best/cheapest places to get them , I'd be more interested in the themed sets (lotr, star wars, marvel dc) but they all seem so expensive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tesco when on offer is generally the cheapest place in Ireland to buy new sets. Otherwise, Argos at end-of-catalogue and when there's a 3 for 2, and Smyths when there's normal pricing on is usually the cheapest.

Advertisement