Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Of Canada have a new album on the way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Haven't listened to the album yet, I've decided to wait until my mp3 download is available from Bleep on release date (or when CD arrives). Not long now, looking forward to it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

xerces wrote: »
    Haven't listened to the album yet, I've decided to wait until my mp3 download is available from Bleep on release date (or when CD arrives). Not long now, looking forward to it :).

I`m the same , waiting for the CD + Download from Bleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Very solid album indeed, and of course it will grow on me even more. Stand outs for me so far are, Reach For The Dead, White Cyclosa, Sick Times, Collapse, Palace Posy, New Seeds and Come To Dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Copies of this are in Tower Records now. CD is 13.99, vinyl is 26.99. Won't be buying the vinyl there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its €5 on 7digital.ie for anyone looking for a cheap download.

unclear whether it'll appear on Spotify - the new single is there but they withdrew all their other records a few years back (apart from Hi-Scores)

• Advertisement

Got the download from Bleep today , on my second listen of the album , really liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Love it, it works best as one cohesive whole as opposed to separates tracks as such, which is probably the case with all their stuff really, waiting for the vinyl from Amazon, it will be my first BOC vinyl, My musical dream is to own "Music Has..." one day, at these prices unless its re issued I never will: (:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=1893&format=Vinyl

Have Music has the right to children on vinyl myself , Im loving the new album , its pretty much being on repeat since Friday evening. 134 listens according to LastFM :)

Have Music has the right to children on vinyl myself , Im loving the new album , its pretty much being on repeat since Friday evening. 134 listens according to LastFM :)

Wow, insane prices being asked for it, someone on Amazon UK is looking for 550 Stg for his used copy. How much was yours mate?

Showing my age here :) I bought it when it was released first , have this gem also http://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canada-In-A-Beautiful-Place-Out-In-The-Country/release/11777 .

• Advertisement

Showing my age here :) I bought it when it was released first , have this gem also http://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canada-In-A-Beautiful-Place-Out-In-The-Country/release/11777 .

Probably not compared to me, I bought "Blue Monday" on 12" the day it came out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

My vinyl arrived today by post. It's a lovely looking thing, but not quite as nice as the artwork as on their earlier releases. I have given it a good look over for any secret tracks and messages but alas nothing to be found. I'm going wait till the weekend before I play it. Once get the family to bed, I'm going to have a little party for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

My vinyl arrived today by post. It's a lovely looking thing, but not quite as nice as the artwork as on their earlier releases. I have given it a good look over for any secret tracks and messages but alas nothing to be found. I'm going wait till the weekend before I play it. Once get the family to bed, I'm going to have a little party for one.

Was on twoism.com today and apparently the album is a palindrome in terms of key, centering around Collapse.

bedrock#1 wrote: »
    Was on twoism.com today and apparently the album is a palindrome in terms of key, centering around Collapse.

The mystery is far from over.
    One of the members of Twoism put this together and I think it really works.
    https://soundcloud.com/staticckk/combining-four-tracks-from-the

Twoism. com is to blame for turning me into one of those obsessive compulsive fans. I was quite happy to just enjoy BOC music for what it is, untill I started to follow that forum, then everything changed:rolleyes:
    I do love their "One on Twoism" compilations.

Listening to the vinyl now, v quiet with great mastering, love this album the more I hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

My CD arrived yesterday. It sounded amazing on the first listen but I'm sure even more amazing with a few more plays. I agree about the album art, the cover isn't as great as their other albums although I like really the photos in the booklet.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I wasn't ever a huuuge fan of BoC, I do enjoy their albums and play from time to time - I've found them good for getting an electronica fix while family are over and that, they'd never be bothered by them as such... unlike putting on Autechre or something! I find this album a lot more interesting, so much more complexity - 'Reach for the Dead' in particular is a really stunning track - I was listening to the album in the garden last weekend during our summer :pac: on headphones and I really was totally taken by this track, it could have gone on for another ten minutes past its runtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I was also not a huge fan of BOC but I'm liking this album... The production and mastering are excellent - sounds great on everything I play it on.

It could have gone on for another ten minutes past its runtime.

Dj Food must have been thinking the very same before he went a made a 10min extended re-edit for us all to enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/strictly/boc-rftd-djfood-10min

They purposely left the tracks shorter it seems.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/06/boards-of-canada-become-more-nihilistic

and last question which has being feeling quite hopeful :D
    "And finally ... will there be live shows taking place around the record? Do Boards Of Canada still exist as a live entity?"

Eoin: "We've been busy in our rehearsal space lately, so never say never."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Fabio

Dj Food must have been thinking the very same before he went a made a 10min extended re-edit for us all to enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/strictly/boc-rftd-djfood-10min

That is a fantastic remix of it. The last couple fo minutes are just out of this world.

The album as a whole actually has really really grown on me. Since we have had it in our paws for a while now, what are peoples feelings on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Fabio

A remix of New Seeds here by La Marchand de Sable....fecking class: https://soundcloud.com/wearelmds/boards-of-canada-new-seeds-le

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

This is now up on Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

This is now up on Spotify.

and all their old albums have reappeared too. (still no "In a beautiful place" EP though).

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Boc released a new remix of an Odd Nosdam track on Spotify yesterday but only in certain countries, has anybody been able to listen to it?

We may get news today about a new ep and perhaps a brand new website or we may get nothing at all.
    I've no choice but to be optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Was there any such news?!

No! They or maybe it was we the fanatics, that led ourselves on another goose chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Pity! I'll just have to retreat back in to the shadows and return to my patient waiting.....:pac:

• Advertisement

I don't think you'll have to hide in the shadow for very long. They are definitely working on new and maybe old tunes . One thing that is curious is that recently all their websites have been taken down.

Advertisement