Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton 25 Year Old

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was recently given a bottle of Midleton 25yr old (in presentation box etc.) as a present. I have looked it up online & it seems to be for sale for €1,200-1,500. I have no interest in keeping it or drinking it, so I was wondering if someone could tell me how best to go about selling it. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 saefraigh

You'll be dong well to get anything near that lower price for cash. A lot of Rare whiskey came onto the market when collectors decided ot free up some cash. Try some of the whiskey bars around the country, if they don't have one they will want one. I collect myself, send me a dm with a price and i'll let a few people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

spyderski wrote: »
    Hi, I was recently given a bottle of Midleton 25yr old (in presentation box etc.) as a present. I have looked it up online & it seems to be for sale for €1,200-1,500. I have no interest in keeping it or drinking it, so I was wondering if someone could tell me how best to go about selling it. Thanks!

You could try the Celtic Whiskey Shop. You should be able to get 800+ for it. I've seen them go for all kinds of prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'll give you my gf for 24 hours !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

These expensive whiskies that are passed among investors, they all get drank eventually do they?

Like, does the investors buy a whiskey for 1,500, then after a few years decide - "today's the day!"
    Much be tough deciding who to invite over to drink it with, I assume they don't drink it alone. And once the bottle is opened I assume it can't really be sold on then.

You could get about 800 euro for it. If it went up for auction, that's about what it would go for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

These expensive whiskies that are passed among investors, they all get drank eventually do they?

Like, does the investors buy a whiskey for 1,500, then after a few years decide - "today's the day!"
    Much be tough deciding who to invite over to drink it with, I assume they don't drink it alone. And once the bottle is opened I assume it can't really be sold on then.

Im not a whisky collector. I'm an empty bottle accumulator.

Some people, especially the very rich, get a kick out of owning things that are unique. Things that, with all the money in the world would not create another. I suppose it gives the very successful a humbling experience. So many do not get drunk, or at least not by their collectors. I bet a good time is had by all at the wake of the collectors though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Oakboy

spyderski wrote: »

My advice on going about selling it would be to not sell it! unless you are in desperate need of cash of course. This was a present that has cost you nothing so you are not out anything by having it.

There's only one way the value of that whiskey is going to go and that's up.
    A treasure like that is worth holding onto

You could be right, but this would have retailed for over 2,000 euro a few years ago; now it's between 1,500 and 1,750 euro.

Originally it was for sale for 300 punts.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I hate to dig up an old thread , but if you have this intact. KEEP IT . Im wit a group at the moment who have sourced the last bottle available retail in Ireland. €2000 .

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

• Advertisement
Advertisement