Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin to Cancun

Options
  • 18-07-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Travellers of the World!!

Myself and 3 of the girls are going to Cancun on the 28th of September 2013 for a while. We have accommodation sorted in the Moon Palace Resort till the 1st of October.

Does anyone have any flight suggestion (Dublin, Ireland to Cancun, Mexico) - Cheap and cheerful please.! Also any suggestions on where we should stay for another few nights...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Check www.skyscanner.ie for prices, also try this
    http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

It might show up other options, you can't book through it but you can use the routing options through a travel agent. It's years since I was in Mexico but I liked San Cristobal de las Casas and Oaxaca. But depends what you're into, are you planning on just staying in that area? Do you just want to chill on the beach or do sight-seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I flew through paris on the way out and atlanta on the way back and it was 600 odd return I think.

4hr overlay in Paris and Atlanta was a smash and grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dublingirl121

Thank you both very much. We just want to chill on the beach and relax by the bar. Don't think we will venture from the hotel too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Thank you both very much. We just want to chill on the beach and relax by the bar. Don't think we will venture from the hotel too much.

Why are you spending so much and going all the way to Mexico just to stay in the hotel? You can do that in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dublingirl121

Liam90 wrote: »
    Why are you spending so much and going all the way to Mexico just to stay in the hotel? You can do that in Spain.
    We are attending for a conference, we thought we would just extend the stay!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I came back to Dublin from Cancun last year with Delta via Atlanta. It's a good option and was pretty cheap from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was in that resort last year, amazing place. Flew through atlanta with delta airlines.

When I was there the beach was empty but the pool was full. The sea does have a good bit of seaweed but I still swam in it. The barman loved to make the trip to the beach to take our drink orders, it was heaven. The food there is amazing, worth a trip to the brazilian restaurant if you like your meat. You sit at you table and the waiters bring you all types of meat to try. Delicious! So jealous, enjoy yourself

Oh by the way florida is a 30 minute flight from cancun if you're looking to go elsewhere, very handy with jet blue, they're a fancier ryanair

Advertisement