Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I think they have good skills as musicians, but they're too derivitave. A lot of their stuff just sounds like they're trying to be Guns & Roses, Iron Maiden or Metallica.
    The nasally vocals, the image and their "look at how amazing we are" attitude (I saw them in the Olympia and was amazed by just how much they were able to pose) completely puts me off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

For anyone whos interested Irish dates are in Kerrang! this week
    Dublin, O2 - December 3rd
    Belfast, Odyssey Arena - December 4th :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

rebel89 wrote: »

2 irish arena dates is quite risky imo . If they bring over 5FDP ill def be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

rebel89 wrote: »

Any news about sale dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,176 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Two arena dates...even with the curtain the o2 will have very very few people in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    Two arena dates...even with the curtain the o2 will have very very few people in it!

Very risky indeed what was the last Metal act to do both those arenas?
    Black Sabbath are doing one and theres tickets still available!
    Iron Maiden/Metallica/Rammstein only did one date on their last indoor tours here.

England sales show their doin well sold out/close to sell out the 3 dates posted for there maybe get a few wiling to travel for a date here?

Mushy wrote: »

I can see another 30 seconds to mars scenario tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Any news about sale dates?
    Nothing about sale dates or anything, just the dates in the 'just announced' section of the magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I take it from peoples reactions this wont sell out crazy quick so? or maybe not at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,176 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I take it from peoples reactions this wont sell out crazy quick so? or maybe not at all?

It won't come close to it, don't worry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Will have to go to this :D

Very risky booking such a large venue imo, but good for the fans as it wont sell out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If it's cheap enough, I might grab a ticket for old times sake. I haven't seen them since before the Rev died.

Angron wrote: »
    If it's cheap enough, I might grab a ticket for old times sake. I haven't seen them since before the Rev died.

Whose drumming for them now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Whose drumming for them now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arin_Ilejay No idea what he's like live.

Marty Miller ‏

Rawwwkin gig announcement in the morning! Pat has details and I have an amazing comp in relation to same! @mcd_productions @radionova100

????? Could it be the A7X gig?

The announcement was Soundgarden in the O2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Angron wrote: »

I only ever saw them the once, opening for Metallica in Marlay park (the mastodon/AIC gig)

Max Power1 wrote: »
    I only ever saw them the once, opening for Metallica in Marlay park (the mastodon/AIC gig)
    Yeah, I was at that one as well. They were the first band I saw live, back around 2006 or 7, whenever it was they released the self-titled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

From the Book of the Face
    MCD

Avenged Sevenfold have just announced a spectacular headline show The o2, Dublin on December 3rd 2013!

Support on the night comes from Five Finger Death Punch & Device

The O2 will be their only Irish show this year!

Tickets priced €44.05 inclusive of booking fee go on-sale at 9am next Tuesday from www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Title track from the new album, "Hail To The King", can be heard on YouToob:

Have to say I like it so far, based on a couple of listens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I like it, especially the chorus.
    Have they set a date for the album release? I haven't been following any news about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I like it, especially the chorus.
    Have they set a date for the album release? I haven't been following any news about it.

Album is to be released August 27th

I have to say, the drumming on Hail To The King is powerful & groove laden, but it's simple and effective, definitely excited for the whole album when it's released

Yea liking the new song myself . Although loving the comments on YT saying basically because its not Rev and simplified its crap etc:rolleyes:

Yea liking the new song myself . Although loving the comments on YT saying basically because its not Rev and simplified its crap etc:rolleyes:

Some ''fans'' just can't be pleased, i think Arin's the perfect fit to fill Jimmy's shoes (Arin was actually recommended by Jimmy's drum tech)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Can tell already this song is going to be epic live

and that solo makes every cell in my body happy :pac:

The lyrics make me want to watch Game of Thones ha

The Rev comments were inevitable- comment sections on YT attract idiots at an alarming rate

EDIT: above video is taken down, this song from official channel

From the Metal Hammer website, the brand new cover for Hail To The King.

new-avenged-sevenfold-art.jpg

Hail To The King Tracklisting

Shepherd of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Doing Time
    This Means War
    Requiem
    Crimson Day
    Heretic
    Coming Home
    Planets
    Acid Rain