Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I liked Arin's drumming, hopefully he stays in the music industry
    Can see why they went with Wackerman (great name btw) - he is more a song writer (plays guitar and piano afaik), similar influences to rest of band and a fecking brilliant drummer in his own right

Plus Wackerman was the first name considered to replace Jimmy after he passed away in December 2009.

Band were being sued
    http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2016-01-14/a7x-being-sued-by-warner-bros-over-contract-breach

But the band have clarified said lawsuit
    We recently exercised our rights under California law and notified Warner Bros. Records we would no longer record for them. Few of the executives who have been integral to our continued success are still at the label, and we love and are grateful to them for their hard work. However, since we signed with the label, Warner Bros. has had 3 different regimes, multiple heads of marketing, and none of the senior management or A&R executives who were at the company and responsible for signing us are still there.

Whatever the activity, it takes a full team to compete, and we no longer know most of our teammates. In the coming days, you may read about the lawsuit our label filed against us for exercising our legal rights, rights the State of California granted specifically to protect artists. You may see mistaken facts or worse.

One such error we want to make sure you know about: Avenged Sevenfold has never renegotiated its original recording agreement with Warner Bros. Records. Billboard has now corrected its story to reflect the real facts.

Most importantly, we want our fans to know this: we are in the middle of writing a record we cannot wait for you to hear. We expect to go into the studio very soon, and look forward to releasing our new album later this year.

Until then, we wish all of you a happy, healthy 2016.

Love,
    A7X

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

bzdA8rl.png

• Advertisement

bzdA8rl.png

New album must be close to being done if tour dates for next year are being announced already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Defiantely will hit up one of those but hopefully theres one announced for Dublin shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Defiantely will hit up one of those but hopefully theres one announced for Dublin shortly

Will they go back to a smaller venue though? I reckon they will need to. There was a decent crowd at the 3 arena but it was by far the most disappointing concert of theirs I've been to and might not be worth trying such a big venue again. They made a crap excuse for not having pyro like all their U.K. dates which annoyed me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I take it you weren't at last gig here, Jofspring is right, venue was nowhere near sold out not sure it's worth attempting again we were also told pyro couldn't be hosted for show as safety checks hadn't been carried out or something along those lines but I'd say more likely ticket sales impacted that.

Unless the do the SSE Arena in Belfast? Would the fact Disturbed are on the bill impact better sales then when they played 5FDP?

• Advertisement

Unless the do the SSE Arena in Belfast? Would the fact Disturbed are on the bill impact better sales then when they played 5FDP?

I'd imagine improve them slightly for sure, even though when Disturbed last played here over 10 years ago it was only the button factory they played. Saw Disturbed recently actually at a festival disappointing stuff tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cool going to see can i get a cheap hotel for that night

3arena ????

I take it you weren't at last gig here, Jofspring is right, venue was nowhere near sold out not sure it's worth attempting again we were also told pyro couldn't be hosted for show as safety checks hadn't been carried out or something along those lines but I'd say more likely ticket sales impacted that.
    I've been to every gig they've played in Ireland and I will admit it wasn't my favourite gig of theirs. Didn't feel as personal so to speak as others. That's the problem with Dublin though, there's no mid sized venues, either too small or too big like the 3arena.

Hopefully they still come though as I'd imagine with those 2 supports it would have a bigger crowd than the last one? Weekend date may help too but tbh if I was the only one there I'd still enjoy it haha. Must mean a new album before then as well :D

A huge factor on the crowd could be the new album. If it's a cracker then I'd imagine a big crowd will attend.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cool going to see can i get a cheap hotel for that night

3arena ????

Gig has yet to be confirmed but yeah 3 arena only choice for that bill really. If you are booking make sure its refundable for cancellation just in case.

Gig has yet to be confirmed but yeah 3 arena only choice for that bill really. If you are booking make sure its refundable for cancellation just in case.
    yeah booked the gibson for 109 the night, free cancellation til the 7th Jan 17

2017 could be good year for Metal fans in Ireland. Black Sabbath playing the 20th Jan, Metallica, Guns N Roses and Iron Maiden due here possibly too and of course this triple bill (if its confirmed)

IF it's confirmed, I wonder could they get someone else instead of Disturbed.

Jofspring wrote: »
    A huge factor on the crowd could be the new album. If it's a cracker then I'd imagine a big crowd will attend.

I liked the last album wasn't as good as the previous 2, saw them twice on that tour wish they played the very Maidenesque Coming Home though.

Last gig was a Tuesday not long before christmas if being on this presumed Sunday could make a lot of difference too.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    IF it's confirmed, I wonder could they get someone else instead of Disturbed.
    Disturbed are the only reason id go to this tbh

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Disturbed are the only reason id go to this tbh

I'd go for Avenged & In Flames, wouldn't be too gone on Disturbed to be honest..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd go for Avenged & In Flames, wouldn't be too gone on Disturbed to be honest..

Your music taste has always been a bit meh lithium :p
    Kidding.
    I'd love to see david belt out a few ohhwahahahs

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Your music taste has always been a bit meh lithium :p
    Kidding.
    I'd love to see david belt out a few ohhwahahahs

I'm all over the place musically :pac:

MCD retweeted a tweet from Metal Ireland about the gig. Tuesday 17th January in a double header with Disturbed. Not sure if In Flames are playing or not. Waiting on an official announcement though..

2 mins after I post this A7X send out a tweet with the gig poster. Saturday January 7th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

In two minds whether to go to this or not.. I was quite underwhelmed by them the last time, FFDP blew them out of the water tbh. Wouldn't mind seeing Disturbed though!

Last time I saw a7x was in Marley park in 2009 supporting Metallica

Always wanted to see Disturbed

Prob go but hotel prices are expensive enough

In two minds whether to go to this or not.. I was quite underwhelmed by them the last time, FFDP blew them out of the water tbh. Wouldn't mind seeing Disturbed though!

I'm in a similar position. Have seen them 4 times now so not overly pushed after the last one. Weird because 5 years ago if have been there in a heart beat.

Yea would really like to see Disturbed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

How much are tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

defo going- have my Three code ready to buy tickets Tuesday morning
    I might have to get bus back to Galway afterwards as hotel/hostel prices in Dublin are disgusting

Last time Avenged played in the Three Arena they weren't allowed use their Pyro- hopefully they allowed this time

Advertisement