Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did something to my car (volume 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Hal1 wrote: »
    Looks good but the bumper / side trims need doing. A heat gun can restore them if you use it carefully. Or back to black but try not get any on the paint.

I've given up trying to do anything with the black trim. Considered colour coding but it's a bit overkill.

Paintworks not in the best condition anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Scortho wrote: »
    I thought you had one.

turn flash off and see if it makes a difference. Even in a poor light outside , my photos regularly come out better without flash than with, unless there of people.

I have one too, I have many phones ;) pics are rubbish quality at night even with the i-phoney :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

dgt wrote: »
    I have one too, I have many phones ;) pics are rubbish quality at night even with the i-phoney :(

try it without flash and focus on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

what needs to be done to get that e34 on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,385 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've given up trying to do anything with the black trim. Considered colour coding but it's a bit overkill.

Paintworks not in the best condition anyway.

They weren't black to start with though, they were a swirly grey from the start.

• Advertisement

what needs to be done to get that e34 on the road?

All suspension and steering rubber needs replaced, sump is leaking and needs gasket replaced, uj needs replacing. Then a good general service (may whil off the head too) and decent exhaust :)

And a job to pay for the tax and running costs! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

quite a bit then, hopefully you will though. rome wasn't built in a day and all that..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Small video on bleeding the brakes/DSC system on E38/E39/E46 BMW with DIS software.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Polished for the first time. Jan '04 1.8 Petrol.

8ec3a0ca-e857-45ed-9d35-f9fd12b9c0ae_zps7da6599b.jpg
    1d454c8d-5767-4148-a3da-eb2bf5aa4f45_zps5c3548be.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Last Thursday got my tints done. Unfortunately the only before pics I have are in an underground car park, while a touch drunk.

Before:
    IMAG0411.jpg
    After:
    IMAG0416.jpg

Car desperately needs a serious wash now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Spent an hour and a half tracing a loud creaking noise from the rear drivers side suspension on the Zed. It developed after been thrown around mondello on Friday. Figured it was anti roll bar related- jacked her up and greased down the moving parts. No luck... Jacked up again- had to peel back the rubber boots on the the drop links and greased the hell outta it.. Seems to have worked.

Dabbed the bonnet catch and springs with some grease.

Washed and soon to have a coat of Autoglym resin polish. Will throw a pic up later.

Last Thursday got my tints done. Unfortunately the only before pics I have are in an underground car park, while a touch drunk.

Before:
    IMAG0411.jpg
    After:
    IMAG0416.jpg

Car desperately needs a serious wash now.

Feckin stunner of a car. I love those cc's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just resprayed front grills. Big wash tomorrow! German plates are coming tomorrow too, might stick them to the side like in the pictures here, opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

rizzee wrote: »
    Just resprayed front grills. Big wash tomorrow! German plates are coming tomorrow too, might stick them to the side like in the pictures here, opinions?

I vote nay, don't want it to look like an alfa too much :P

But seriously if you're getting german plates you should show them, not stick them off to the side, that's just my opinion, the grills look good though! :)

I vote nay, don't want it to look like an alfa too much :P

But seriously if you're getting german plates you should show them, not stick them off to the side, that's just my opinion, the grills look good though! :)

But I like Alfa's :p

I get you, cheers man! Dried in very quick gave them two coats and voila :) I'll have a look again tomorrow when the plates come and see what I prefer

But I like Alfa's :p

I get you, cheers man! Dried in very quick gave them two coats and voila :) I'll have a look again tomorrow when the plates come and see what I prefer

I'm planning on getting German plates for my car and if I can get them in a moderately central but low enough position, I'll be rather happy!

Sure see how it goes and take it from there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

I'd say keep them in the middle. putting them to the side looks a bit alfa wannabe"ish". I think they'll look better in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,385 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

garclo wrote: »
    I'd say keep them in the middle. putting them to the side looks a bit alfa wannabe"ish". I think they'll look better in the middle.

Agreed. Looks silly off to the side

I'll take the comments on board and have a look tomorrow and see. Just wanted to try something different :)

If it were me I'd be housing Italian plates or Italian influenced plates.... I was made change from a bike plate to that btw ;)

As for me, just for lols I decided to lower the 406 to beyond unusable, Magherafelt eat your heart out :pac:
    Image832.jpg
    Image833.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Veloce wrote: »
    Spent an hour and a half tracing a loud creaking noise from the rear drivers side suspension on the Zed. It developed after been thrown around mondello on Friday. Figured it was anti roll bar related- jacked her up and greased down the moving parts. No luck... Jacked up again- had to peel back the rubber boots on the the drop links and greased the hell outta it.. Seems to have worked.

Dabbed the bonnet catch and springs with some grease.

Washed and soon to have a coat of Autoglym resin polish. Will throw a pic up later.

Here she is:

fbdbf1bf-7b8a-4233-9dfc-09a9c1651696_zpsdabf1200.jpg

DSC_0548_zps65b13b42.jpg

DSC_0544_zps5808d377.jpg

DSC_0552_zpse4c45ec3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Some bastard of a bird flew out of a hedge earlier, destroyed my n/s headlight. Externally all is ok, internally cosmetically the chrome bit has fallen off, but worse mechanically a part of the levelling system (as far as I can tell) snapped... can't take them apart without baking either...

Bollix. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Some bastard of a bird flew out of a hedge earlier, destroyed my n/s headlight. Externally all is ok, internally cosmetically the chrome bit has fallen off, but worse mechanically a part of the levelling system (as far as I can tell) snapped... can't take them apart without baking either...

If it wasn't dead already, I hope you shot it. :)

So Over the last few days/week I've been doing little bits here and there, so I figured I may as well whack them all up in one post

So on the first day of....last week? My interior led's came, So here's the result!

k9ywb8.jpg

The front one was proving a bit of a problem so I had to take it out :(

And the rear ones, well one of them

1539t0p.jpg

I also got parking lights so I threw them on there too

1xxp50.jpg

So along with that I cleaned up the door trims and seals

2gy29sn.jpg

I got a bit bored so I tidied up the engine bay also, I had a bit of paint left over so I resprayed a few scratches that were around the engine and where myself and dgt "devintaged" it to fit in the bonnet lifters

The befores

2ypckg4.jpg

4qnfht.jpg

And the after!

43sbc.jpg

While I was at it I pikey aligned my headlights, finally my gates are proving somewhat useful, it's not perfect, but it's better than what it was

Viola!

2vbn8gh.jpg

Also that small issue with my ignition, got that replaced, to those of you who haven't seen the broken one

2itn6s1.jpg

Also changing the oil and a new filter on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The Friday before I got the 335, I was on my way home in the MPS when a fvcking pheasant decided he wanted to go for an aul' fly around, came out of the hedge and hit my wing mirror. The case was shattered, glass was smashed and hanging against the door of the car by the heater wire. I pulled over and went back to collect the pieces of the casing and the bastard's neck was in the shape of a V. He was killed to death :)

The Friday before I got the 335, I was on my way home in the MPS when a fvcking pheasant decided he wanted to go for an aul' fly around, came out of the hedge and hit my wing mirror. The case was shattered, glass was smashed and hanging against the door of the car by the heater wire. I pulled over and went back to collect the pieces of the casing and the bastard's neck was in the shape of a V. He was killed to death :)

He hit the mirror? I bet he didn't see that coming :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

He hit the mirror? I bet he didn't see that coming :pac:

I didn't see it coming, never mind him! I jerked me head so fast when I heard the sound that I had pain in it for a few weeks afterwards.

Badger lovers avoid this post!

A badger ran out infront of my 406 one night.... There was an unholy bang and a huge thud as I ran over it.... Stone dead! Got out, not a mark on the bumper or car :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    Badger lovers avoid this post!

A badger ran out infront of my 406 one night.... There was an unholy bang and a huge thud as I ran over it.... Stone dead! Got out, not a mark on the bumper or car :cool:

Then ya took it home, cooked it up and ate it! :pac:

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    Then ya took it home, cooked it up and ate it! :pac:

Nah I did that with the c*nt of a hare that obliterated the bumper on my old Bravo or rather what was left of him! :eek:

I jest and shall not darken the tone further, those were unfortunate accidents!

Advertisement