Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games i want Remade/Remastered

Options
  • 08-07-2013 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

With Classic games like Ducktales and Castle of illusion on the horizon there are many other classic 8 bit/16 bit games that we have huge nostalgia for and would love to see. I thought it be interesting to list games i want to see return in Hd form possibly on psn/xbla and love to see your childhood games you will love to see back.

Lets start:

World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

World_Of_Illusion_box_art.jpg

To me world of illusion was a far better game than castle of illusion with great music , visuals and platforming i feel world of illusion deserves a place in hd.

Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars

TTAAAS.jpg

Some of my favourite moments in gaming was playng this with my cousins when i was a kid, the absolute wacky ness found in the looney tunes cartoons was perfectly implemented in this great l game. If nba jam can find a place in todays market i dont see why Acme all star cant :D.

220px-Taz-Mania_game_cover.jpg

What i consider the best tazmania game and with enough tweaks to some of the annoyance mike found from his vid of avgn on youtube i feel this could work great.. certainly bring a smile back to my face.

mICROMACHINES 2 TURBO TOURNAMENT

micro-machines-2-turbo-tournament-cover.jpg

i have never played any others in the series so the one i know off i want to see giving a redo in the hd resolution. giving the quirkness of some other racers you can find on psn/xbla i love to see this happen.

last but not least

Shadowgate

236111-shadowgate.jpg

I remember my uncle giving me his nes and this was so compelling to me , the music sent shivers down my spine and death following you scared the be jesus out of me as a kid. giving a proper revamp this could be a modern amnesia in my eyes.

here is my list... anyone like to share their games they like to see come out ?

does not have to be in the 8bit/16 bit era.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

i would like to share
    but im afraid i wasnt born when these were released :L so il probably be shouted at haha
    their was one game though

i was only about 4yrs old
    it was on the pc, one of those hard disc things , like a square shaped disc, cant remember the name for them or the name of the game
    but you were a barbarian and it was 2d, was sort of like a 2d mario game except, more darker, no coins collected, and you had to reach the end, their was monsters as well
    really old game, would love to play it again

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would love to see this franchise reborn. I played the living bejaysus of it on Sega Mega Drive 2.

dune2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would actually be happy if nothing else pre-2013 received a remake, update, re imagining or reinterpretation.

Streets-of-Rage-2-1jpg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

These aren't too old but I absolutely loved them
    manhunt
    the warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭elefant

Terranigma-Fond-d-ecran.jpg

Best game I've ever played. Looking this up makes me want to dig out the SNES and give it another whirl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

These aren't too old but I absolutely loved them
    manhunt
    the warriors

didnt like manhunt, im sure their was a number 2?

agreed with the warriors, brilliant game :) surprised they havnt actually made a this gen game of it yet :L

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Yeah manhunt 2 was the last I played scared the balls off me kind of freaked me out trying to get the most brutal kills

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Freedom Fighters.

I loved everything in this game. I'll settle for a sequel. AFAIK one was planned but then cancelled.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to see Morrowind in the Skyrim engine (without having to wait for the mod). Or Deus Ex in the HR engine.

And Sacrifice. I'd love to see that in a modern engine. Loved that game.

• 1859886_orig.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

destruction_derby_frontcover_large_KtgGTe9SovMNRrl.jpg

So much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

toca touring cars. btcc as opposed to the euro cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Spyro 1 and gateway to glimmer, toca 2, colin mcrae rally, and this game called buggy, got it in a secondhand shop, and it turned out to be epic, has anyone ever heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Metal Gear 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

40 winks from the ps1 .
    The Simpsons hit and run ps2 .
    The original spyro - ps1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Toejam & Earl, hands down. Either of the first two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Eye of the Beholder series
    Dune (RTS and RPG)
    Lemmings
    Desert Strike

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i would like to share
    but im afraid i wasnt born when these were released :L so il probably be shouted at haha
    their was one game though

i was only about 4yrs old
    it was on the pc, one of those hard disc things , like a square shaped disc, cant remember the name for them or the name of the game
    but you were a barbarian and it was 2d, was sort of like a 2d mario game except, more darker, no coins collected, and you had to reach the end, their was monsters as well
    really old game, would love to play it again

This makes me feel old!

In response to the question I'd love to see Solstice on the NES revamped.
    Loved it and played it to death. Never finished it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its not that old but feck it im going to say it anyway.

Black & White.
    So many good ideas in that game, would love it to be given some attention.

Theme Hospital.
    Excellent game, funny and exciting at the same time. Great strategy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Battlezone_Coverart.png

battlezone. it's a slow enough game so it'd work well on consoles as well as pc.

6673-severance-blade-of-darkness-6_640.jpg

severance blade of darkness

demon/dark souls before there was demon/dark souls. although I guess now that we have demon/dark souls a remake of this is less of an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Medal_of_Honor_-_Allied_Assault_Coverart.png

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

11 years old now but still the greatest WWII shooter made and still one of the greatest FPS's in general ever made as well imo. It brought the genre so far forward and I still find the online multiplayer fun to play even now.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Spectrum_-_Starglider_2.jpg

And a proper non-multiplayer version of:
    Elite_org_cover.jpg

I have loads more, but these two are the most important :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I used to always want a remake of Zombies Ate My Neighbours but looking back on it now I'm not sure the charm of the original could be recaptured in such a project.

My lack of handheld playing would probably satiate my desire for a remake of Super Probotector (Contra III) since I've heard Contra IV is bloody great on the DS. Same goes for Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins too. I should probably get on that... :o

Oh, Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! that'd be awesome, especially after seeing the excellent trailer for Duck Tales. Maximum Carnage was a favourite of mine when I was a kid so chuck that on the list. I wonder how Sunset Riders would work too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Alpha Centauri

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

This far, and noone has said Road Rash?

Theme Hospital is also a good shout.

Sensible Soccer, Micro Machines, and any of the Strike games also nominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

another game i like to throw in is the mutant league series by ea

more noticeably mutant league hockey. watching bodies explode when you ht them is so satisfying :pac:

G Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

FF8. I just want the same game with a few tweaks and better graphics. Loved the story=)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

This far, and noone has said Road Rash?
    On the way soon, with Oculus Rift support. Yesss!!! :D

On-topic: LucasArts' X-Wing series. 20 years young this year. With Rift support, pretty please.

645507-xwing_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Die Hard Trilogy

Advertisement