Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Options

Comments

• redblue_maindetail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Remember when this was cutting-edge stuff?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

School holidays was all about staying up til all hours watching rubbish like Prisoner Cell Block H!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I found episodes online :)

I loved Dinosaurs! Tremendously silly in many ways but great fun. "Mom, why do we use paper bags for the shopping & not plastic?" "Because plastic would suffocate dinner". :D

• landbeforetime.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Anyone remember Robin Hood ice lollies? I can't even find a picture unfortunately :/

• 123 LC wrote: »
    Anyone remember Robin Hood ice lollies? I can't even find a picture unfortunately :/

Nope, can't say they ring any bells with me. What flavour were they?

On the topic of remembering things, and being unable to find a photo, does anyone remember 'Fives'? They were a tiny bag of crisps, which costed 5p.

Nope, can't say they ring any bells with me. What flavour were they?

I used to eat them about 10 years ago I guess, they were plain ice lollies, in orange and raspberry :) after a quick google around they seemed to have been only an Irish thing, and from what I can remember I used to only find them at my local, quaint shop :P I'd have loved one today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Af6c7V2.jpg

• Advertisement

• 600full-space-precinct-screenshot1.jpeg

spaceprecinct2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll see your Space Precinct & raise you a:

mcqueen-270x300.jpg

elenco+SAAB.jpg

mipa129.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

EnterNow wrote: »
    Space Above and Beyond

Nostalgia nothin, I watched that last week :D

GAAman wrote: »
    Nostalgia nothin, I watched that last week :D

I watched it only a few months ago, 2nd time in a year :D Very very cool little show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

On the topic of remembering things, and being unable to find a photo, does anyone remember 'Fives'? They were a tiny bag of crisps, which costed 5p.

my ice cream man used to sell them, dont remember them being available in the shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

After months of everyone wondering who the fuck is Big Ed and why is he taking out ads on national TV to tell us that he loves Mona, the big anti-climatical reveal...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Watched it recently aswell... Col Ray T Buttz and "sir if you werent wearing those oakleaves...."

• copeyhagen wrote: »
    my ice cream man used to sell them, dont remember them being available in the shops

Only ever saw them in my local shop as a nipper, myself. I thought they were literally called '5p crisps', but according to my ex, their actual title was 'Fives'. They were stunnin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

While we're on the subject:

cast.jpg

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    While we're on the subject:

cast.jpg

They used to scare me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I use to love that show

• doug3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone remember this? Small wonder, show from the 80's bout a robot kid. Watched it all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

123 LC wrote: »

Yes! They had paper wrappers that always stuck to the ice when you tore it. The orange ones were yum.

it was a catchy theme tune :P

• I was thinking about Stretch Armstrong, but remembered I never had one, but I had one of these instead

Vac-man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

1017273_551224091608819_1417083341_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

I love this thread! Was trying to think of things that made me nostalgic but alas I need to live a bit longer but I thought of something.

This is my first contribution so be kind.
    So here it is...
    yFSY2hW.jpg

Shoes with lights in the heel. I remember going into to get shoes when I was around five. All that mattered was how cool the lights were when you walked. Taught I was the bees knees even months later when my feet had outgrown them, didnt matter a damn... then the lights would stop working. That was when I needed a new pair. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Advertisement