Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to NI. Few questions before I get started... (License)

Options
  • 05-07-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Just moved to NI. Wanted to get a motorcycle license back home (Dublin) for a while now, but was way too busy with school/work. Anyways, now is a perfect chance to get it rolling. So, basically I want to know what is the process... From what I understand so far:

1) Live here for 6 months (To be considered resident? Or can I go do the test now. I JUST go the NI Number...)
    2) Take theory test
    3) Train for 6 months (Minimum time...?) (Clock mandatory lessons and take a "skill" test afterwards, which I assume is done where you took the lessons)
    4) Take practical exam (After you pass the skill test)
    5) Pass the exam for full license (Must wear "R-plate" and cant exceed 45 mph... for a year) - Would this allow me to drive down south or its a no no?, as i don't believe "R" plates are recognised in ROI...

Would this be correct?
    And me being a 25 y/o, without having a car or any other license, restrict me from getting, say, 250cc or 300cc bike?

Comments

Advertisement