Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power

Options
  • 02-07-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this.

A couple of days ago I was betting on Wimbledon with the above mentioned.
    The bet was on 1-16 Djokevic to hold serve in the coming game.
    As the game was about to commence, literally, I selected the 1-16 and pressed fast bet, only to find that I bet on Djokevic to break in the next game in my bet history!!!!!

Paddy power claimed that my bet was placed a full 8 seconds after that bet was available and said there was no way I could have placed it. Money gone.

I was betting on the same type bets all day with out a problem then this.....

Has anyone else encountered similar issues??

I have since closed my account. I had something like 20-30 bets similar odds in my history, all they could say is the bet wasn't available at the time I bet.
    IT WAS.:mad:

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

If the bet wasn't available you wouldn't have been able to back it?
    1/16? shot unless you were having 20k on it, I don't think PP would/should have ducked it.
    Did you get a print out of the bet history by chance?
    I always have my phone ready to take pictures if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Eiredoc

Precisely what I said,
    "If the bet wasn't available you wouldn't have been able to back it?"
    in other words it would have said bet unavailable.

I was sitting at home bored and lodged 20, as i did a few days before hand, lodged another 20. I managed to get the first 20 up to 180 betting on players to hold their serve, so basically all odds on. I have history across those two days showing constant "odds on" favourite bets.

The website is realtime, the bet was there, I don't care what the server says, 8 seconds is a complete crap. I would have won a whopping 3 euro I reckon.

Unfortunately I was using IE10. Recovering the cache for analysis is virtually impossible because of the way it zips the info in a .dat file.

All I got out of Customer Services was that I was a liar. Any time I ever place a bet again I will screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Im pretty sure the PP betslip online changes automatically to the next game.

So if you have Murray win to win game 1 set 1 as soon as they stop betting on game 1 set 1 they betslip changes to game 2 set 1 without you even noticing.

I'd say that's what happened to you.

Just did an experiment and the betslip does automatically update to the next game but it does prompt you before placing the bet.

Its a stupid system it should just suspend altogether on the betslip.

No betslip involved in this bet

bet said 1/16 djokovic to hold
    note, fast bet activated, so automatic bet....

after i pressed fast bet, i reckon the market changed, as in to the next game and my money automatically went on that....

this is rediculous in my eyes, i did not want that bet,

In live chat I was told by the operator that they have the right to change your bet as it goes through acceptance if the market changes.

Note also, I have never changed any settings in my betting account...

• Advertisement

Also worth saying that I have used PP for years and you are right as the website is realtime, changes on their part are instantaneous, as in bet slips etc.

Eiredoc wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else has come across this.

A couple of days ago I was betting on Wimbledon with the above mentioned.
    The bet was on 1-16 Djokevic to hold serve in the coming game.
    As the game was about to commence, literally, I selected the 1-16 and pressed fast bet, only to find that I bet on Djokevic to break in the next game in my bet history!!!!!

Paddy power claimed that my bet was placed a full 8 seconds after that bet was available and said there was no way I could have placed it. Money gone.

I was betting on the same type bets all day with out a problem then this.....

Has anyone else encountered similar issues??

I have since closed my account. I had something like 20-30 bets similar odds in my history, all they could say is the bet wasn't available at the time I bet.
    IT WAS.:mad:

8 seconds is around the time it takes for a bet to place in running.

So in reality it changed as you were pressing fast bet.

I'd ring customer services the live chat are a joke you never get anywhere with them.
    If you keep at them they will void the bet.

Thats exactly what i thought, because it did take about 8 seconds for the bet to place.
    they on the other hand tried to say that the bet wasnt even there.

In reality the bet changed whilst my bet was being accepted.
    They took it upon themselves to place my money on a completely different bet.

I have spoken with them, bascially they said I was a liar with regards to the bet being there and the server proves it.

As I said previously I had over 20 bets with the exact same odds placed in a row before this bet.

Bottom line is I placed a bet in good faith 1/16 (fast bet) and my money went on a field that wasnt even available to me at the time of the bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

if u click it before the market changes and the odds change/game changes then betslip alert will come up to say price change/bet change etc. however if u place fast bet just a second after it changes then there is no alert.my guess is u were just unlucky to have clicked fastbet at the wrong time.literally a millisecond after the new odds were put up.i always put my stake in the betlsip for these markets(the 8second delay is still the same)because ive been burnt like you before.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

The odds would have changed if it was going on the next game as Djokovic would have been serving on one and the next game receiving (or v.v).
    Surely you would be able to check the odds then and see of the game was correct?
    1/16 serving and a lot bigger receiving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

The odds would have changed if it was going on the next game as Djokovic would have been serving on one and the next game receiving (or v.v).
    Surely you would be able to check the odds then and see of the game was correct?
    1/16 serving and a lot bigger receiving.

thats what i mean mate. im sure the op probably got his money on at 5/4 or so to break the next game.ive had this happen before but doing it in the betslip is the easiest method. as well as to win point 3 in game 3 etc. if the op had his website preferences set to accept any change(price),dont prompt. then this would have compounded the problem.but can still easily make the mistake by being that unlucky once the new odds emerge

Advertisement