Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I did some detailing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

nope, flaps were always on it. i enjoy how the flaps stop the majority of solid debris hitting the car. they are removable with just 3 self tappers (carefully placed) if i ever change my mind on them visually.

get pictures up of the cunto when you can! give us a bit of info on it.

I never noticed them before, shame on me :P

The Punto is blue (I should point out that I know almost nothing about it :o), in fairly nice shape for a 2001. Actually bought in Arklow last night. It needs a few bits and pieces but looks like it was looked after a little bit at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

ah cool, the 00 onward shape is actually a pretty nice car.

where abouts in town did you buy it? should have text me, i would have bought the tank, just the thoughts of driving up to you is all too much on these lazy days :P

ah cool, the 00 onward shape is actually a pretty nice car.

where abouts in town did you buy it? should have text me, i would have bought the tank, just the thoughts of driving up to you is all too much on these lazy days :P

I almost brought it with me but we left on very short notice to go and get the car. Just met him at the Opel dealer on the way into the town, I was supprised to see it had closed!

The tank is here for you whenever/if you want:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

it's still open, he just carries so little stock he gives the impression of being closed :pac: unless he literally went bust yesterday and i haven't noticed yet.

i'l be in touch i assure you. cheers :)

it's still open, he just carries so little stock he gives the impression of being closed :pac: unless he literally went bust yesterday and i haven't noticed yet.

i'l be in touch i assure you. cheers :)

In the showroom yesterday he only had the red Opel GT, a '93 Calibra and a skip full of shredded paper. He still had second hand stock but the sheets on the door with the info about them were really faded like they had been there for a very long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

another day spent cleaning the vectra i must put up some photos but it was 2 dark when i finished it
    i removed the front seats started then useing auto glym interior cleaner and a meguries detailing brush i bought last year i quickly found out this brush was 2 bulky to get into corners so i stole the nail brush from my mothers sink :P
    i agated the carpet and then rubed it with a dry mirco fiber and took good oul henry out and sucked the reminder up then i started to wash the seats again with the interior cleaner and my mix of brushes all in all im happy with the job washing seats was always something i was very apprehensive about because i thought id ruin something inside but it came out well :P now can someone tell me how long it will take to dry them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Drying times can vary.
    Hopefully today will be a good day. Open the windows about an inch to let moisture out.
    Can pick up de-humidifier bags from the likes of Home Store and More for a couple of euro that make a huge difference. They draw out a lot of moisture...throw one on each seat.

Failing that a black sack comes in handy to keep your arse dry! ;)

Well here's the pictures of what I did yesterday. I forgot to do tyre dressing I'll do that now:)

F46BC57A384F4E3080259EAA08233DE9-0000363222-0003293892-01024L-EDB271E9FA42482AB6701BF7CFD8E292.jpg

C0D762AA522B456DA8395494D51DCCD2-0000363222-0003293891-01024L-48E53EBE0F5B43B2A65907B7AE58C2AC.jpg

39D24A9353564158A0B43404D03E68AD-0000363222-0003293893-01024L-4A09DCBD60FC47C0B830B1E7D0D336AC.jpg

7EC9218AC8FC41A8920BF2BF6FE82782-0000363222-0003293890-01024L-30F12F7624D2456C971106C301CCE9D2.jpg

That looks very well...the paint is popping! Good work...sister has to be happy with that! ;)

Curran wrote: »
    That looks very well...the paint is popping! Good work...sister has to be happy with that! ;)

I doubt she'll even notice:( but I might have to drive it occasionally and I want it to look good for that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

clean punto. wish mine looked like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

This evening I got my car washed, de-tarred and clayed. Tomorrow I get to try out my DAS-6 for the first time on it :)

Chimaera wrote: »
    This evening I got my car washed, de-tarred and clayed. Tomorrow I get to try out my DAS-6 for the first time on it :)
    Make sure you post some before/after pics:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Washed car with meguiars next shampooand hand dried the lot.

While cleaning my front grille st badge fell off.

-30bhp I'm gutted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

10 hours with the DAS-6 today and my paint is in rather better shape than it was. Annoyingly I ran out of daylight so I only got one quick coat of Jetseal 109 on it afterwards. Wheels and plastics still to be done so no pics yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

A quick snowfoam, rinse and QD for tomorrow's Terenure show.

39d683e4e66c11e2a9c822000a1d2020_7.jpg

Just need to do the trim, glass, wheels and tyre dressing when I get there.

Today I washed, Detared, polished (AG SRP) and sealed (AG EGP) my car.

I then dressed all of the black trim, rubber seals, tyres, wheel wells, polished the glass, cleaned the area of the doors around the hinges and started to polish the striker plates as they were a bit corroded but I ran out of energy:(

I'm trying to get around to all of the little attention to detail bits (like the striker plates) that look crap to the kind of people who look closely. :P Can any of you think of other little area that might need attention?

I was going to take before and after pics but I didn't bother/forgot the befores, I'll post the afters tomorrow...

EDIT: I'll look out for you Paddy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Today I applied Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer followed by EXO four hours later. The car is damn shiny and should be totally hydrophobic (extreme beading) for the next 2 years without any maintenance besides washing :)

Video of hydrophobicity to come in the next few days!

Today I applied Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer followed by EXO four hours later. The car is damn shiny and should be totally hydrophobic (extreme beading) for the next 2 years without any maintenance besides washing :)

Video of hydrophobicity to come in the next few days!

You probably don't know yet as you've just put it on but I'll ask anyway:P How resistant is it to being detared etc and will you need to clay it over the 2 years or will contaminants have a harder time bonding to the surface?

Detarring is the same but will be a lot easier to remove stuff. No need to clay as contaminants won't be able to bond. Claying removes the coating anyway so the baxtard contaminants can fook right off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

After doing the interior of this BM a week before hand and also washing, de-tarring one half i had to call it a night at 11pm due to mist mucking up the wax application :rolleyes:

aDS9Dcc.jpg

So yesterday i started the exterior AGAIN :P (rinse - TFR - Rinse - foam - rinse - dry - de-tar - wax - trim/tyers - windows) :pac:

qomOWIg.jpg

QnYlGrk.jpg

7W84xDm.jpg

L3bODgp.jpg

mh6lzp8.jpg

9fijJtS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Today I gave my car a good clean
    Wash, detar and shine up the black.
    9232599205_c6e8091986_c.jpg

9232582921_368e585b8d_c.jpg IMAG1267

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Finally got around to cleaning the car on friday, got rid of all those flies :pac:

Gave the OAC citrus pre-clean a run, was well impressed. Did 10:1 dilution because it was fairly heavily soiled and destroyed with flies. Followed up with powerwash, 2BM and then waxed with HD wax.

DBoBSJL.jpg

5HLEfXsh.jpg

8vPs5tv.jpg

LxCEgcy.jpg

YGXOABt.jpg

6tvtJnQ.jpg

Gave the OAC citrus pre-clean a run, was well impressed. Did 10:1 dilution because it was fairly heavily soiled and destroyed with flies. Followed up with powerwash, 2BM and then waxed with HD wax.

Ehhh, did you not clean your wheels? :p

Another Orchard Autocare product impressing - good to see! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Gave the car a quick detail inside and out yesterday. It's quite easy at the moment as there isn't any crap coated on it. Plan is to try and keep on top of it as much as possible and not give it the opportunity to stick.

IMAG0090_zps43ea54df.jpg
    IMAG0085_zps3dd5b453.jpg

Sealed the wheels while I was at it. Should have done it properly when I got it as theyre's already a layer of brake dust on the inside rim. Might take them off at the weekend.
    IMAG0087_zps55534a7d.jpg

Looking forward to seeing pics of the Gtechniq C1 MM, considering having it done to my own soon too.

Nice motor MC - very best of luck with it! :)

As you say - keeping on top of it will be the key....that and a good de-ironiser/fall out remover.....essential piece of kit when owning white or silver cars!! On lighter colours, it makes a noticeable difference; not so much so on darker colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Curran wrote: »
    Nice motor MC - very best of luck with it! :)

As you say - keeping on top of it will be the key....that and a good de-ironiser/fall out remover.....essential piece of kit when owning white or silver cars!! On lighter colours, it makes a noticeable difference; not so much so on darker colours!

That's something I hadnt thought of but noticed immediately when I began to hose it how much crap was actually stuck to the car. even to touch a panel had black smudges showing up that otherwise weren't visible.

even to touch a panel had black smudges showing up that otherwise weren't visible.

Sure your hands were clean! :p:D

CM - nice work but please wash your wheels and sort out those mud guards with gtechniq trim restorer!!!! :pac:

MC - Those alloys are class! With regard to the C1, it doesn't give great beading by any means, it's the EXO that does that. The C1 is just a tougher lacquer layer whereas EXO is a blend of organic/inorganic compounds. The organic elements give the water/dirt/oil repellency while the inorganic elements give an incredible shine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Was all set to give the car a polish with a DA yesterday and it was just too damn hot.

Prob take a day off next week (when it's cooler again) and go at it.

Advertisement