Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The super what's wrong with boards airsoft thread

Options
  • 27-06-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Well as the trainwreck of a thread about the iaa has been left run an those that want to do nothing but hold grudges can rant and rave I figure it would be good to get the perspective from the other side of the fence so I'll ask what exactly is wrong with boards airsoft?

For me it's crap like "the super honest" thread is allowed. Time and again the same people wanting the iaa to use this platform, woul those same people like the GAA or the FAI to do the same thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

Damn it - I was just about to start this very thread myself! And for the exact same reason as you state yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Faolchu wrote: »
    Well as the trainwreck of a thread about the iaa has been left run an those that want to do nothing but hold grudges can rant and rave I figure it would be good to get the perspective from the other side of the fence so I'll ask what exactly is wrong with boards airsoft?

For me it's crap like "the super honest" thread is allowed. Time and again the same people wanting the iaa to use this platform, woul those same people like the GAA or the FAI to do the same thing?

Do the GAA or the FAI ignore the largest website in the country for their particular sport?. I don't think so.

Nothing constructive has come of any discussion related to the IAA on this forum for some time and in addition to that some mods and a tiny minority have demonstrated nothing but negativity towards the IAA here. There is no popular consensus that the IAA should bother to respond here. Most people (including the majority of people posting on the IAA thread in question) are content with how the IAA is operating and communicating. Why on earth should the association have anything to do with this place when to do so would only be in order to attempt and satisfy the desires of a tiny few who will quite frankly never be happy or admit that the IAA is doing a good job. Like I asked in the other thread, I ask again: what do these people believe they have done to improve the lot of airsofters in Ireland through all of this grudge keeping and negativity?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

There have been reasoned thoughts and discussions about the IAA here over the years. Go back and have look. This is where airsoft prospered in the past and still is a large part of the sport.

The IAA is being somewhat misguided by ignoring the largest airsoft website in the country.

By ignoring this site, I believe the committee are doing both airsoft and the IAA a disservice.

Their own site is a shambles and still has spam from 3 weeks ago as the latest entry.

This my opinion and has nothing to do with me being a Moderator on this forum

Those reasoned discussions were a long time ago from what I can see. The most recent discussions have all been a rehashing of old grudges and the same old accusations with the same arguments against them. The discussions have been, for the most part, devoid of value.
    The current committee is very active on Facebook and not at all on the website and I would say the reason for that is a lack of technical resources to back up the work needed on the website rather than a lack of will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

The current committee is very active on Facebook and not at all on the website and I would say the reason for that is a lack of technical resources to back up the work needed on the website rather than a lack of will.

Very active on facebook hmm that's because it's free media which was offered to them here before i was a mod.

If they cant keep their website up to date and clear of spam what does that say of the iaa?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'm stepping in here and closing this thread as it's essentially an overspill from the other thread.

Given recent "issues" I think a feedback thread is a good idea and will discuss it with the local mods. However I would like things to settle down in the other thread first. We would need ground rules to avoid posters getting personal and to ensure it is genuine feedback on this forum, its structure, rules, and any moderation issues.

Thanks

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement